thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
G
I'm at the "mystery" part of the game and can't advance. Charlotte asked me to tell her all about it, but I can't look any more at the gallows.
Go to visit all the area around the map (church, bar, gate) until it update the new location, even then you can't report to her because that's all for this update. The moment you go to Isaac it end right there so save before you decide to visit that place

Reactions: Samhill

woadraider

Apr 22, 2020
Really outstanding title. Great feel of classics like Nocturnal Illusion but with tremendously expanded scope. Really excited for more.

Reactions: Redikal

Brontanius

Sep 27, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for the current content of this game? first time picking it up but want to know if i missed anything.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Is there a walkthrough for the current content of this game? first time picking it up but want to know if i missed anything.
No walkthrough but the game actually quite easy to follow, just pick a choice that would most likely gave you the positive point from the women like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and every time you saw the option that hint about sexual offer then pick it and you are good to go
Forgot to add this but make sure to exploring every area in the room and every area in the map before move to new story event, everytime you was about to do it it will warn you could have miss some event so make sure to check throughout before choose Yes

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
This style is still amazing and the content (+story) are slowly getting better and better. Still no Mrs.Hale scenes, but it seems like those scenes aren't too far off. :D
The sanity system is still kinda pointless, seeing it increase, reduce when there's absolutely no managing it, but I guess it's best to leave those "stress mechanics" for later.
One thing I did notice is that the inventory size is already kinda annoying, only having 4 slots is really restrictive, especially when you liked to take the seeds, candle, etc around with you "just because they might be useful", and when you need to pick up new items, you may need to go back to the mansion to drop things off into the box, run back, etc. Once even more items are put into the game, I'd think it might be rather annoying managing your inventory as well, so a few extra slots wouldn't go amiss.

I am still slightly sceptical about the survival mechanics that seem to be planned for this game. It may be better to tie different storylines to the sanity system - like if you go for a more sub path, your sanity may be lower, causing you to experience a different world, while if you're more of a dom/normal you would experience a slightly different perspective. This would be an interesting way to use sanity, while for a survival system where you need to manage it, it would have a lot of cons that might get in the way of enjoying the delicious art/story.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
This style is still amazing and the content (+story) are slowly getting better and better. Still no Mrs.Hale scenes, but it seems like those scenes aren't too far off. :D
The sanity system is still kinda pointless, seeing it increase, reduce when there's absolutely no managing it, but I guess it's best to leave those "stress mechanics" for later.
One thing I did notice is that the inventory size is already kinda annoying, only having 4 slots is really restrictive, especially when you liked to take the seeds, candle, etc around with you "just because they might be useful", and when you need to pick up new items, you may need to go back to the mansion to drop things off into the box, run back, etc. Once even more items are put into the game, I'd think it might be rather annoying managing your inventory as well, so a few extra slots wouldn't go amiss.

I am still slightly sceptical about the survival mechanics that seem to be planned for this game. It may be better to tie different storylines to the sanity system - like if you go for a more sub path, your sanity may be lower, causing you to experience a different world, while if you're more of a dom/normal you would experience a slightly different perspective. This would be an interesting way to use sanity, while for a survival system where you need to manage it, it would have a lot of cons that might get in the way of enjoying the delicious art/story.
I like the idea of increasing the inventory to carry more items in the future, so far I think it was reasonable because the game still in development and MC still stay safe inside the town thus can go back to his room and dump the items that he didn't need. But I agree that if we reach to the point where MC finally decide to go beyond the gate to find his sister then he would need to have a bag to increasing more item he can carry and store like useful survival tools, food, water,...
I'm kinda like the idea of sanity will determine what MC will see the world but feel like it would take Dev and his team lot of work to add those feature. Still very interesting nonetheless though but let see how it will goes in the future

Oct 11, 2019
Love the update and can't wait for the next release, one question I have going forward is do you think you will ever implement a ,"scene gallery" or anything to replay old/new events, I noticed there is a lot of "events" that are only available for a brief time and I would assume you would hate for the player to miss out on those events given the amount of effort you put into them. I almost missed an event with the Mc's maid this release, I know you have a "dairy" to track events but with this release some of the events weren't able to be fully completed so I "assumed" the others weren't and nearly skipped it. Either way sorry if this comes off as a weird critique I just would hate to miss something.

Danguy

Jun 11, 2021
Cool game with the vibes of Call of ctulhu. It's more even point and click type of game rather than just vn on renpy. Hope we will get some stuff with MC's sister too

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Cool game with the vibes of Call of ctulhu. It's more even point and click type of game rather than just vn on renpy. Hope we will get some stuff with MC's sister too
Well! If you mean lewd stuff with her then Dev confirmed that he will never sexualize MC sister because it will violate Patreon guideline and even rule 7 on this site, if you talk about just normal stuff then she most likely only make appearance in very later because finding her was 1 of the main story driven beside discovering the mystery of the island. Maybe we might got some stuff with her throughout dream or when MC relive the memory before the incident

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Scene gallery is being made, but it would be only for the sex scenes like a classic hentai replay room
118925-picture-kiss-png-download-free.png

About the items, we could either expand the number of slots or find another solution if that becomes a problem, let's see how it goes.
The sanity system might stay barebone for a while, it's not a big priority for the reasons said above. I think we will not be able to make it really interesting until the game is finished, so it might remain easy until we actually finish the content. It's difficult to balance it properly or make it interesting as we are developing the game little by little. I want it to feel easy more than difficult during the development period, in order not soft lock anyone or cause frustrations. Then once everything is finished, we can look into making it more challenging and tighten some things.
But it will be a mechanic that you will need to watch out for at certain moments (especially when exploring the island).

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
I'm kinda like the idea of sanity will determine what MC will see the world but feel like it would take Dev and his team lot of work to add those feature. Still very interesting nonetheless though but let see how it will goes in the future
Yeah, I'm just kinda afraid that the survival mechanics will get in the way of having a good experience, and it might actually be better to cut it out of the game. At least currently, I find that there really isn't a place for the sanity mechanic at all (no benefit to it) and I find it subtracts from the "immersion" if I can see a game mechanic that doesn't really have a place in the game (currently).

In terms of having to create extra content - I guess it would be quite difficult to write completely different routes indeed, and it may be kinda silly to make different sex scenes based if you're sub/dom (and adjusting some dialogue), but if the general storyline is the same, then it wouldn't be unimaginable and it would add to the replayability. The main reason for this was just an idea of how to tie the sanity system into the game so that it would add to the game, instead of being a meter that you'd need to be careful of and would just add to the stress of managing stuff in this game.

Reactions: thevoid089

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Scene gallery is being made, but it would be only for the sex scenes like a classic hentai replay room
View attachment 1474230

About the items, we could either expand the number of slots or find another solution if that becomes a problem, let's see how it goes.
The sanity system might stay barebone for a while, it's not a big priority for the reasons said above. I think we will not be able to make it really interesting until the game is finished, so it might remain easy until we actually finish the content. It's difficult to balance it properly or make it interesting as we are developing the game little by little. I want it to feel easy more than difficult during the development period, in order not soft lock anyone or cause frustrations. Then once everything is finished, we can look into making it more challenging and tighten some things.
But it will be a mechanic that you will need to watch out for at certain moments (especially when exploring the island).
I really love the Gallery design, still think you could redesign and make it look a bit more either fancier or look a bit more Lovecraftian to fit with the game. Inventory I think could be solve like MC either buy, find or won a bag during a minigame thus increasing his storage capability and help him carrying a bit more items than before
Sanity system like you said should just act like a gimmick when MC never truly risking his life or had to go beyond the gate yet, good thing is that the way you introducing it let new players get use with the mechanic and prepare when it finally become the real survival feature in the future

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
I really love the Gallery design, still think you could redesign and make it look a bit more either fancier or look a bit more Lovecraftian to fit with the game. Inventory I think could be solve like MC either buy, find or won a bag during a minigame thus increasing his storage capability and help him carrying a bit more items than before
Sanity system like you said should just act like a gimmick when MC never truly risking his life or had to go beyond the gate yet, good thing is that the way you introducing it let new players get use with the mechanic and prepare when it finally become the real survival feature in the future
That's a really good idea for the bag. For the gallery, it is how it is for now but maybe in the future.

Reactions: thevoid089
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes