Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Huh, I thought they'd get along like gasoline and a house fire. Then again, if my context clues aren't too rusty, I think I may be right since they sound just about as dangerous.
It's a mixed bag, going in a good direction. Mostly. Good for whom'st is another question.

I'm looking forward to that hopefully with expended nether magic Ashely can be a bit stronger she is my favorite character but feels a little weak
Akem Manah is also there to help her. She'll continue getting better~

Can you give at least small insight on what arcane magic in your lore is. I just really like your ideas and can't wait to see new magical arts
Ehhhhhhh... it's not major plot spoilers, just minor world lore spoilers, so alright.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Focus on Aspasia? Finally the silver slime babe will get some love.
Yep - gonna try to do a lot more with her soon now that I'm getting the hang of her. For how excited I am for her long-term, getting her started has been a bear.

Ooo that update looks good! Didn't know this game was on Steam. Gonna buy it asap. :love:
Yep, just came to Steam about two months ago, this is the first update for Steam users. Thank you so much for the support, I hope you enjoy the new stuff!

Damn the music recently has been of AAA quality.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Maybe the heavier armours should have a strenght req?
Also, the 'plus one initiative' traits on some heavy suits seem counterproductive for the playstyle they'd normally cater to, plate even gives a revenge bonus so increasing initiative would only work to nullify that.

Reactions: Angelcrush

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
wow, i just checked my old save files to see how long it's been since i touched this game and it says march 2021. back then it had pretty much no art at all. the idea was to let Crys cook for awhile, but oh boi, seems like i waited longer than originally planned. guess i have some catching up to do now lol.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
wow, i just checked my old save files to see how long it's been since i touched this game and it says march 2021. back then it had pretty much no art at all. the idea was to let Crys cook for awhile, but oh boi, seems like i waited longer than originally planned. guess i have some catching up to do now lol.
Damn that has been a while lmao, I think the game came out February 8, 2021, so there was literally no art aside from two backgrounds.

Certainly quite the change now!

Any explanation for the "monster" tag. Can somebody describe the scenes please?
Taken straight from non-sexual tag descriptions;
  • Monster [Any male sentient being that is not human, robot, animal, or furry. e.g trolls, orcs.]
  • Monster Girl [Any female sentient being that is not human, robot, animal, or furry. e.g trolls, orcs.]
There's no monster-fucking if that's what you're asking, but several monstrous male characters related to plot. No NTR, they're mostly just homies or enemies.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
But only you can decide if it's worth trading your humanity for the power you need - otherworldly energies offer much, but will change your body over time.
Im curious by this.. As someone whos into transformation and corruption. Would definitely be the path I would take (especially if I play the MC as somone with little consequence to himself for power if it ment survival). Tho is it meaningful ? or just an overexaggeration.

Also, you say no monster fucking.. So monster girls are off the table...... bummer.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Im curious by this.. As someone whos into transformation and corruption. Would definitely be the path I would take (especially if I play the MC as somone with little consequence to himself for power if it ment survival). Tho is it meaningful ? or just an overexaggeration.

Also, you say no monster fucking.. So monster girls are off the table...... bummer.
Corruption right now doesn't do much other than fill a bar. Later this year I'm going to start on the first level of meaningful corruption. It'll affect interactions with some characters, unlock various traits/abilities and more powerful stuff along that route, and will probably end up similar to a less random CoC1 in terms of mutations - that last bit is definitely a WIP so if that's your main goal here, I would hold off for a while.

Monster girls are definitely in the game/coming. No monster fucking just means nothing fitting the f95 "monster" tag, like you're not fucking a gorilla or anything. I'd say most of the girls so far are on the vanilla end of the monstrous monster girl scale, down the road there will be more in the middle. Probably none in the full on monster range, I personally feel like at that point it's not really a monster girl anymore, but we'll see what the future brings.

Damn That's a hell of a choice to make, still feeling guilty.
Heh - I'm proud of all three results! Hopefully they all feel meaningful, both in the moment, and moreso in future updates when I start revealing the repercussions of each.

NK0

Nov 27, 2021
Heyo! Must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the new update, and am extremly pleased to see all the great stuff your doing especially as a lurker here: So thanks for being cool, dear Cryswar! Especially since you actually read the posts on here, lul; anywho, like it's the bat signal or something my ears perked up at the mention of more monster girls:

I'd say most of the girls so far are on the vanilla end of the monstrous monster girl scale, down the road there will be more in the middle.
How... in the middle are we talking here? now, I'm a little bit of a monster girl afficianado (thanks for that MGQ), so I'd be cool with whatever you pick, just curious if we're going more harpy level or beyond arachne level (I'm perfectly cool with either though sources say I might prefer the latter)

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Heyo! Must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the new update, and am extremly pleased to see all the great stuff your doing especially as a lurker here: So thanks for being cool, dear Cryswar! Especially since you actually read the posts on here, lul; anywho, like it's the bat signal or something my ears perked up at the mention of more monster girls:

How... in the middle are we talking here? now, I'm a little bit of a monster girl afficianado (thanks for that MGQ), so I'd be cool with whatever you pick, just curious if we're going more harpy level or beyond arachne level (I'm perfectly cool with either though sources say I might prefer the latter)

I'm happy to interact with folks and talk about the game! It's both useful from a dev standpoint (feedback on what works and what doesn't) and honestly, makes it feel a little less lonely working on this 24/7 haha.

I don't know exactly how 'in the middle' we'll go, at the very least we're getting further into butterfly girls with plenty of chitin (Rosalyn), and (upcoming) a minotaur cursed by being smol as well as harpies and maybe a bunny-ish. Kinda ranging from low to low-mid ish on the monster scale. As we get into the mountains and especially post-mountains I'll have more design space for other types of slimes, bees, and various monster girls.

In retrospect, starting in Racist Murder Hate land was not the best for earlygame monster girl diversity.

You know, I don't think I've actually seen a gorilla girl, is that a thing?

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I'm looking forward to that hopefully with expended nether magic Ashely can be a bit stronger she is my favorite character but feels a little weak
Run "Miasma a" on Asta with the "Corrosion" trait. She melts shit after you debuff it a lil for her and b/c of her core talent she heals a lot when she removes something from the census with buffed damage.

p.s. Pick up "Lamentation" while you are at it since you're running "Miasma a."

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
In retrospect, starting in Racist Murder Hate land was not the best for earlygame monster girl diversity.
On the upside it made the good girl with attitude issues feel as special as she deserves to be.
I just realised that the attitude issues part doesn't really narrow anything down but I still feel that everyone knows who I meant since I said good girl.

• Haha
Reactions: Cryswar

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
The planned content info is too vague to know for sure. Is pregnancy planned for this?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
The planned content info is too vague to know for sure. Is pregnancy planned for this?
Last I recall I'm pretty sure it's a yes, but a very very late game yes. Like, the end of the game you are viewing the epilogue late game. I'm not Crys though, so I'm sure he'll elaborate further or clear up on whatever I missed or got wrong.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I haven't tried to do a proper roadmap before, but I promised to give it a shot, so here we are. Going to try to cover my goals for the next few months and what I hope to get done, along with a rough idea of what, when, and where.

Disclaimer: dates and content order may vary.

General overview;
  • More commissions. The secondary visual aspects of the game could be upgraded (ex. backgrounds, icons, maybe non-lewd CGs, etc) and I gotta uh figure out how to do that. Otherwise, just the usual stuff; more lewd CGs, occasionally new characters/art, new outfits/expressions for existing girls, etc.
  • Wrap up the Deepwoods plot; this means actually having consequences and scenes for all the choices you made along the way, reporting to Selendis, more time with Svyatibor/Selendis/possibly Mara, etc. I also want to add some new characters sprinkled throughout the Deepwoods areas, and Zephyrmancy training, to try to show the forest healing a little.
  • Push forward with the main plot, going from Metatron's church scene and its aftermath to the post-badon minor areas. No chance we're hitting Astrologia in 2 months though lol.
  • Badon expansion; more dates with the cast, more Olivia, maybe more Charles since everyone seems to love him, and probably at least one scene of Sarah being a degenerate nymphomaniac.
  • More camp scenes, fleshing out romances and adding some choices on ally development. I'll probably use Sam as the prototype for the second one and see how that goes over.
  • More Rosalyn/Amnelis. These CGs are burning a hole in my soul.
  • AI improvements; upgrading to Renpy 8 lets me use more modern Python, so I can actually do that now.
  • Fleshing out less exciting schools/elements of magic. Personally I think that Pyromancy, Hydromancy, and Aeromancy are reasonably strong but could use more variety, and in Pyromancy's case, better burn interaction beyond 'just channel Smoulder and Enkindle lmao.'
  • UI improvements; ideally a new commissioned UI so the game looks prettier, but also just functional stuff like enemy health bars.
--------------

SO. That's the general overview. Now, let's try to build some kind of roadmap from it...

• 0.26a: by Wednesday, some bugfixes, tweaking Heart difficulty a little, revisiting the wounded hob scene from Expanse, minor updates to cheat menu
  • 0.27: late July/early August; probably focused on Aspasia, Sam, and Maya for camp content. Some deepwoods wrapup. Probably not Ina. Likely some Badon dates.
  • 0.28: late August/early September; complete Deepwoods plot wrapup and add Ina to the party. Zephyrmancy training. Depending on how the Sam choice stuff goes, maybe another 1-2 characters of that. MAYBE the next combat area and minitaur.
  • 0.29: late September/early October; definitely new combat area if I haven't gotten there yet. All deepwoods wrapup completed. New weapon training/unlock. Possibly beta version of one branch of summoning?
Very much open to feedback on the roadmap and plans, or suggestions if there's stuff you want me to focus on.

Also did a minor bugfix/tweak update today, 0.26a; not worth redownloading if you already played 0.26 but ports the update to Android, adds some fixes, includes the 7.5->8.1 Renpy update (better android stability, apparently), one minor content addition (friendly Hob), and some UI improvements.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I really enjoy the story, characters, worldbuilding, magic system, and dialogue! Some amazing picks for the soundtrack, too.
It has a great deal of potential. I'm looking forward to future updates.
Good work!

PS:
Interesting take on succubi, I'm detecting many influences here, but I can't remember well enough to put a finger on any. I liked the Kabbalistic system for Nether and Aether.

Celica and Ashley are my favs (they seem to have strong outward personalities, yet a weak interior), but I like them all.

Reactions: monk_56 and Cryswar
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes