Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The sex fights only have fighting with sex....there's no intention to cause harm. No, it wouldn't make sense for an enemy to punch you in a sex fight.

As for the rest of it, I don't know why you'd expect a dev to cater to you personally and make your perfect game. A real example of main character energy here.
Unironically, I encourage people to make their own game if they want something that caters to them. Not in a dismissive way, but like, Divine Dawn started off as me thinking "man I wish there was a vanilla-focused VNRPG" and just kinda kept going from there. I don't think it's *better* than games like Corruption of Champions or Monster Girl Dreams, I just wanted a different flavor.

I hope that doesn't come off as me dismissing anyone's desires, it's totally fine to wish a game had more of the stuff you like in it. I just want to be encouraging, even if making these games is kind of a rough experience.

still early in the game-ish. is there any reliable way to fight without a healer (either me or my partner). im using a basic spear build and having to spec into magic just so i can heal sam or something is kind of a pain.
I think it's the 2nd real combat area (Expanse) that gives you a copyright-free Estus Flask with a few charges each run, which will be upgradeable soon when the alchemy update hits. You can also put 5-10 points into Vitality to get access to some really good traits for bonus health and health regen. Most party members have some form of healing support, whether for themselves or you, though some like Maya are definitely harder to run if you can't help with that.

Tiger stance also has a trait that gives AOE heal to party under certain circumstances, and some of the shouts can help with that if you have Charisma.

greataxe has a lot of play with health, some skills cost HP to use or return a portion of damage as health, at least one skill is a straight heal, etc
don't think it can heal anyone else I'm afraid, but I'm more of a magic user myself so I dunno the ins and outs of martial weapons as well
Yeah Greataxe is fantastic if you want to see your health constantly going up and down lmao, mostly hitting equilibrium around 40% hp.

Someone needs to have some sort of healing. Or insane defences. Relying on the 3 or whatever potions isn't enough for most builds.
Plenty of people have done a lot without much healing. You can kill faster or safer. From what I've heard in the discord, most don't use the potions much, they're just there as a backup for if you don't build sustainability at all.

That's not to say the game is perfectly balanced, it isn't, just that you don't really need to go hard on sustain to do fine. 5-10 points on vitality and 1-2 traits from it is enough to cruise through a lot of stuff, various channels can do it as well, and most party members have some form of sustain (healing, regen, lifesteal) to where you have plenty of options to build a viable party. Some party members also get choices/upgrades later that can significantly affect what they do; you can turn Sam into a mage, melee, or hybrid, depending on what you need.

The game isn't hard enough to require GOOD builds, but I try to encourage working some synergy into a build. If that was a good design decision is another question.

I have to say, I am really, really enjoying the writing for this game. While one might expect the actual illustration related sex scenes to be the highlight, I've found that I'm really enjoying a lot of the casual conversations, and some of the random side hijinks you can get up to are both really funny and really hot. Looking forward to this game as it continues to develop!
Glad to hear it! It's been a learning experience for sure, but I always felt that sexual relationships had more meaning if you also had an emotional connection, so that's been a significant focus of the game. There is a lot of sex overall (I think 30-something scenes atm), but a lot more buildup to make the relationships feel more earned and real-ish. Should be another update in 2 weeks or so, so hopefully not too long to wait.

Xeno21

Aug 3, 2020
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but what is the last adventuring area that is unlockable in the current built? Is it the deepwood core? Also, are there any plans to implement additional art into the erotic scenes that lack it? (The current art is amazing. As is all of the writing. Thank you for making this amazing gem of a game.)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but what is the last adventuring area that is unlockable in the current built? Is it the deepwood core? Also, are there any plans to implement additional art into the erotic scenes that lack it? (The current art is amazing. As is all of the writing. Thank you for making this amazing gem of a game.)
Hey there! Yes, the Deepwoods Heart is the final adventuring area currently. After that, you return to the knight camp and get some plot there, then after passing time in your camp a certain fish joins you, and then after passing time again the group has a discussion about what to do next. That's the end of current plot.

Yep, I'm slowly getting more CGs into the game! Long-term I hope everything will have one, but I can't promise it for sure yet. I'm still working some of the CGs I have into the game, Amnelis and Rosalyn CGs have been done for months but not ingame yet, though Rosalyn's will be soon.

Thank you for the kind words, and I'm glad you are enjoying the game!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Xeno21 and maroder
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes