[DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

fried_

Formerly 'menotyou'
Nov 11, 2017
Here's the shirt D is wearing when she and her dad go to Olivia's place:

It's this shirt. The package above includes the relevant texture choice you see in the game.

You must be registered for see images

You'll need to use some sort of 'cleavage removal' morph to keep the shirt from being skin tight though. I used a d-former and some scaling and pec adjustments to do this, I'm sure there's an easier way...

She's wearing the Cathy skirt here, which has already been shared much earlier in this thread.
Thanks for pointing that out!

You can also dial out that vacuum-packed-breasts look pretty well with:

It's the best breast fit package for G3 that I've seen yet (quick test attached - I could have done better if this wasn't rushed).

Attachments

LP83

Oct 13, 2016
The Gen X morphs conme from GenX2 I think.

Don't let the 'transfer between generations' thing confuse you, these morphs can also be used as standalones.
I think the Gen X are others than those, since I tried installing that one, and the files are still missing.
Saw there are other X2 and related packages in Daz, but couldn't find them anywhere to download for free.

OhWee

Modder
Jun 17, 2017
I think the Gen X are others than those, since I tried installing that one, and the files are still missing.
Saw there are other X2 and related packages in Daz, but couldn't find them anywhere to download for free.
I'd suggest typing in the name(s) of the morph(s) that is/are still missing into Google, with a Daz3D added at the end of the search phrase. That should point you to the documentation page for the morph package in question. That's how I find out where missing morphs may come from, and it usually works.

Of course, this doesn't help as much for the moprh packages I may have acquired via ShareCG, Renderosity, and other miscellaneous places such as Deviantart (they don't usually break out the morphs as a list), but it's a start anyways.

I'll look into baking the character/setting up it's own morph at some point, so that people don't have to worry about the morph packages. I've only done that once or twice, a while a go, so I need to look up the steps, and of course I'm working on other stuff at the moment. Plus I usually don't like doing that until I'm 100% happy with how the character turned out after setting up various poses, camera angles, etc. and 'shake out' the flaws that crop up.

A fellow modder/artist around here did that for Anne from Big Brother. It's a real timesaver, but of course you won't have any idea which morphs were used, so tweaking one or more of them directly is no longer possible. You can use the morphs again, of course, but you'd be guessing which ones to use.

LP83

Oct 13, 2016
@OhWee Yeah, I did that for other characters posted here, and in most cases found the documentation. But with this one, nada yet, i'll try my luck another time, meanwhile I can live without them :p

OhWee

Modder
Jun 17, 2017
@LP83

What is the exact name of the morph(s) in question that are still outliers? When I get a sec, I can take a look.

LP83

Oct 13, 2016
@OhWee

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_ctrlbreastsimplants.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_fbmthin.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_mcmfbmheavyfwd.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_mcmfbmpearfigurefwd.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_mcmpbmpregnantfwd.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmforearmssize.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmglutessize.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmglutesupperdepth.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmhipbonesize.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmhipsize.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmsternumwidth.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmthighstone.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmupperarmssize.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmwaistwidth.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_sclarmslength.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_scltorsolength.dsf

OhWee

Modder
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I'm pretty sure they are from this morph package:

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jr. Uploader
Jul 13, 2017
OK, I'm pretty sure they are from this morph package:
Gen X and Gen X2 are two different packages... But I think the Gen X is "NLA" because they basically built the X2 and replaced it. Issue is, when you install the X2 Package, it doesn't remove/disable the original X package...

I've been looking for the Gen X one for months, and ain't found shit... but rumor, innuendo, and ghost stories... lol

fried_

Formerly 'menotyou'
Nov 11, 2017
Gen X and Gen X2 are two different packages... But I think the Gen X is "NLA" because they basically built the X2 and replaced it. Issue is, when you install the X2 Package, it doesn't remove/disable the original X package...

I've been looking for the Gen X one for months, and ain't found shit... but rumor, innuendo, and ghost stories... lol
I'm just catching up on this conversation ... I have the following:

Genesis Generation X (Mill 4 to Genesis)
Genesis Generation X2 (Mill 4 to Genesis/Genesis 2)
GenX AddOn Gen3 for A3 and H3
GenX AddOn Gen3 for A3 and H3
GenX AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3
GenX AddOn Gen3 for V3 and M3
GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2
GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3

and cannot find the file dependencies mentioned above.

Not sure why a GenX package was used to create a D model in the first place! Perhaps they just get carried along with new figures because tweaking them for some of D's dependencies conveniently helped get to a good final result?

OhWee

Modder
Jun 17, 2017
@fried_

Well, in my case, because they show up as regular morphs in my morph list, and because they are in fact regular morphs. GenX may use them in some way though. When you are trying to dial in a character, you use what you have. Short of the game developer sharing their character .duf files, yeah it's not an exact science. Plus, if they used ZBrush at all, yeah you just need to approximate with morphs as best you can.

@Kendra Denimore, @LP83
So, it looks like when I downloaded a bunch of files one day, the associated .zip files for the manifest files went missing, and of course that's the day that my morph folder is dated. I have tracked down the morphs in my install, though, and I"ll see if I can figure out where the 'source' product is.

If they are indeed from a discontinued product, maybe some bucaneer can share the folder...

fried_

Formerly 'menotyou'
Nov 11, 2017
@fried_

Well, in my case, because they show up as regular morphs in my morph list, and because they are in fact regular morphs. GenX may use them in some way though. When you are trying to dial in a character, you use what you have. Short of the game developer sharing their character .duf files, yeah it's not an exact science. Plus, if they used ZBrush at all, yeah you just need to approximate with morphs as best you can.

@Kendra Denimore, @LP83
So, it looks like when I downloaded a bunch of files one day, the associated .zip files for the manifest files went missing, and of course that's the day that my morph folder is dated. I have tracked down the morphs in my install, though, and I"ll see if I can figure out where the 'source' product is.

If they are indeed from a discontinued product, maybe some bucaneer can share the folder...
Yeah, I understand and did offer it might be the case those morphs were there and simply became convenient to use, it's just that they appear targeted for Genesis 2 Female figures and not Genesis 3 :unsure: .

I looked and turns out that I also have the Genesis Generation X product (aka GenX) in v1.0 and v1.2 forms:

As mentioned earlier, it was simply the predecessor to Genesis Generation X2 (aka GenX2) and enables transformation of Generation 4 (aka Millennium 4) to Genesis. I recall upgrading to GenX2 and not looking back, so forgot it was still in my archives!

Checking through the previously posted list, I did not find *any* of the listed morphs in my system or the older GenX package:

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_fbmheight.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_fbmvoluptuous.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_mcmfbmheavyfwd.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_mcmfbmpearfigurefwd.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_mcmpbmpregnantfwd.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmareolaedepth.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmareolaediameter.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmbreastssizemm.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmglutessize.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmgluteswidth.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmlowhipcircumference.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmnipples.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_pbmstomachdepth.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_phmnoseheight.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_sclchestwidth.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/d3d gen x/genesis 2 female/g2f_scltorsolength.dsf
So, I have no idea from where those morphs originated, despite their path references!

Maybe the base figure being used for D had already been morphed by the GenX2 for Genesis 2 package and those morphs were created to support that figure by the tool? That would be weird because I haven't seen that happen yet for my use of the same tool, but who knows.

Of note that I can find every morph by name without the g2f_ prefix in standard G3F morphs and some related packages, but there is no telling if they would affect the figure in close enough ways to those changed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.