Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
CulayTL

I just tried the RS G3 > G8 Character Converter script from Riversoft, available elsewhere on this forum, using the Convert Scene Character Method (Method 2), at default tolerance (0.06). It didn't go well. The resulting figure was taller, and the face looked like a boy, with a huge nose and the mouth too wide...

The breast and lower torso shape was somewhat close, probably within minor morph tweak range,

The textures transferred over somewhat OK, indeed some G3F textures will work on G8F figures without issues, but the color was wrong for some reason. So I selected and copied all of the surfaces off of my G3F Dee in the Surfaces Tab and pasted them to the G8F figure and they seemed to fit OK.

Anyways, rather than explain the differences, I should just show you:

Dee_CharacterConverter_G3_G8.jpg

The body was close, although the back just above the glutes juts out a small bit (not shown here), the breast cleavage is just slightly different, and I'm sure you can spot a couple of other differences. The face though.... UGH!

Not sure if adjusting the tolerances up to .09 or higher, or lowering the tolernaces would help enough. The other method (Sickleyield's) mentioned above might work a bit better, but I haven't tried it yet.

Mainly just wanted to share my result with the Character Converter script.

The .pdf that comes with the converter script (accessable from the Daz menus) mentions a few script tweaks that might help with the face, but others will have to experiment with that. I like my G3F Dee, as autofitting from previous gen characters seems to work better on G3F than G8F, and a lot of my wardrobe is G3F to begin with.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
mei-chan

The cabinet looks familiar to me, but I'll have to figure out which package it came from. I think is was from a dorm room package.

Not sure about the curtains, but the look similar to the full length curtains used in Dee's room in Rachel's house. Not sure if those are a separate prop or not, will take a look

Edit: Sure enough. Cabinet looks like the one in the third product picture on this page:

Reactions: mei-chan

mei-chan

Sep 5, 2018
mei-chan

The cabinet looks familiar to me, but I'll have to figure out which package it came from. I think is was from a dorm room package.

Not sure about the curtains, but the look similar to the full length curtains used in Dee's room in Rachel's house. Not sure if those are a separate prop or not, will take a look

Edit: Sure enough. Cabinet looks like the one in the third product picture on this page:
Yes, thank you very much. The dorm room also has the desk I was looking for.

I also thought, that the curtains were from the candy room set, but I feel like it doesn't fit quite right. But it will be a good replacement if nothing else will come up.

With this, I'm near the completion of having the full set of the apartment together.
(which sadly seems to be so 3D, that it is obvious it would never work in RL).
As soon as I'm happy with that, I can share the layout with you guys. Should make recreating/referencing those rooms a lot easier.
Just another Tool in the box

EDIT:
Stumbled upon this, I think that might be Dee's wet hair model:

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

mei-chan

Sep 5, 2018
Stuck again, sorry to bother all of you with this stuff
DmD-Balcony.jpg
DmD-Balcony2.jpg
I'm looking for the balcony railing used here. The Design is quite special but I didn't found anything like it (not even close).
Have maybe one of you seen something like it

In other news, I got everything for the bathroom (including v0.23 props)

Reactions: asd33asd33

mei-chan

Sep 5, 2018
This is the Bedroom.
You'll need the following

EDIT:
forgot the bed:

Last edited:

mei-chan

Sep 5, 2018
The kitchen/living room is just the beach house.
I tried to cobble everything together into one apartment, which would make sense
with wall/Door placement, but this is simple impossible, so we have to use the rooms as standalone

Jack Kerouac

Jul 30, 2018
For me, it isn't the characters that draw my interest (so to speak), but the lighting. How does he get that soft, all pervasive lighting? Impressive.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
ok guys... went to renderosity, looking at a few things, downloaded, unzipped to my daz. Not there... Any help ???

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ok guys... went to renderosity, looking at a few things, downloaded, unzipped to my daz. Not there... Any help ???
Need more info, but I'll make a few blind guesses here...

Where exactly did you put the files? And also, are you looking in the Content Library tab, or are you looking in Smart Content? Smart Content may require a few extra steps to view things.

For me, I do have a Renderosity folder separate from My Daz 3D Library and My Library, so that I know which stuff is Renderosity stuff, but that's personal preference. In any case, in the Content Library tab, wherever you extract your Renderosity stuff too, you'd usually look under People>Genesis 3 Female>Characters/Clothing/Poses, etc.

I personally also like to keep 'My Daz 3D Library' clean of non Daz3D.com products, using other folders instead, but again that's a personal preference.

'My Daz 3D Library' is in the Users >Public > Documents folder usually, unless you specified a different path when you set up Daz Studio, while My Library is in usually in the Users > Username >DAZ 3D > Studio folder. This is also where I created my Renderosity folder.

A number of people recommend installing content onto a separate drive or partition, to make it easier to transfer content to a new computer (i.e. just transplant the secondary drive, or attach your external drive to the new computer). Sometimes Windows messes with content on the 'C' partition when doing Windows updates, which can disrupt your Daz install. This is fairly rare, but it has happened to a few people... But that's a separate topic.

Also, Renderosity items usually have their master folder labelled as 'Content'. 'Content' = 'My Library' or in my case 'Renderosity Library', so if you drag the 'Content' folder inside of 'My Library', instead of just the contents of 'Content' (say Data, People, Runtime), this can cause path issues.

Using the 'Content Library' tab, you'd find 'My Library' or the folder you created for such things under 'Daz Studio Formats > My Library (or your Folder Name). If you are using a folder you created (say Renderosity Library in my case), you'd need to Right click on 'Daz Studio Formats' and pick 'Add a Base Directory', as I remember. It's been a while since I created a new 'sub' directory folder.

Hope that I'm being helpful here. If this isn't your issue, please elaborate as to where and how you are unzipping your contents.

Last edited:

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Tried to do head only. Wont let me... Is there a different program ???

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
While most models break out the head morph separately from the body morph, some character morphs just have the combined morph. In that case, as to how to create a separate head morph, I'm not sure how one would go about doing that. Maybe someone else here has an idea?

Reactions: JJsworld

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Still working at it, got 3, I'm actually working with morphing... Cant seem to get it just right, but oh well, she will be unique...
Where does everyone get the genitals ??? All over daz, cant find it...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Genitals are complicated...

You'll either need to get a Genesis 3 (or 8 if you are doing G8F instead) Female or Male Pro Bundle, which includes Anatomical Elements for the associated characters, or find the other 'Anatomical' options elsewhere on the web.

Note that you just need Anatomical Elements from any F or M Pro bundle, as they are universal to G3F, G3M, G8F or G8M, it's the same M or F Anatomical Elements package in each Pro bundle.

As I remember, Daz female Anatomical Elements don't 'open', but it's been a bit since I seriously messed with them. There might be something over at Renderotica that adds morphs for that, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, most people go with other options:

New Genitals for Victoria 7 are an option. Available via Renderotica.

Golden Place Gens are also over at Renderotica. I seem to remember that the DMD gals sport Golden Palace gens.

There are several threads for both of these in the Art Assets section of this forum if you need more info, which include the 'base' items and various addon products. The search tool can help with this (go to the Asset Releases section, then search for Golden Palace or New Genitals). Of course, if you are looking to buy those, you'll need to acquire them at Renderotica, so there are links in the Asset Releases section that point you to the product pages.

There are Futa options as well, of course...

There's a couple of freebies over at ShareCG or Renderosity, but these are generally pretty basic by comparison.

I included a link to two of the freebies in this thread post here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/sexual-organs-in-daz3d.25140/post-1559253

Last edited:

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Great help, OhWee !!! Actually been over to renderosity a lilbit, picking up a few things, already... Sorry to bug you so much, just new to this, so a little dumb to it, right now...

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Great help, OhWee !!! Actually been over to renderosity a lilbit, picking up a few things, already... Sorry to bug you so much, just new to this, so a little dumb to it, right now...
We were all newbies at some point, so I don't mind at all. I've only been at this for a handful of years myself! There are a few threads in the Programming and Development section of this forum where we've discussed a few things that relate to this in the past, plus of course there's the Daz forums, Renderosity forums, Renderotica forums, etc. So as you stretch your wings, Google can help sometimes! Or just post up your questions in the P&D section of this forum. No sense cluttering this thread excessively if we don't need to, as the P&D section exists specifically for this purpose!

I did have one other thought. In earlier pages of this particular thread, the formulas for the various gals do get discussed, so as to your question about separating out the head morphs, if the head and body morphs were dialed in manually, you may be able to dial out the body morphs you don't want, IF the .duf file you grab was dialed in manually, and still has the morph values.

Once the morphs are 'baked' into a character, this isn't possible, but several of the character dufs shared in this thread haven't been 'baked' in that fashion. The baking makes it easier to share the character, as you won't need the associated morph packages at that point as it's 'hardwired' into the mesh, and of course you can use morphs to further tweak the mesh, but at that point you can't 'unbake' the 'baseline' morph...

Sep 11, 2018
While most models break out the head morph separately from the body morph, some character morphs just have the combined morph. In that case, as to how to create a separate head morph, I'm not sure how one would go about doing that. Maybe someone else here has an idea?
It depends on the generation your on if you want to do it manually. You will need to make dformer to sperate head morph but I would do it the easy way and just get Shape Splitter also called x-morph (if you are going to find it on google ;) ) it has all the thing you need already.

Reactions: JJsworld

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
OhWee, tried the thread, I was told was 2yrs old... What program do y'all use to export from daz to put together, to make the story ???

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee, tried the thread, I was told was 2yrs old... What program do y'all use to export from daz to put together, to make the story ???
https://f95zone.to/forums/programming-development-art.73/

For future reference, this is the forum section I was referrring to. Not any specific game/assets thread, as your questions have been fairly straightforward as far as using Daz is concerned, with questions that aren't necessarily DMD specific.

Not trying to discourage you here, IMHO it's just nice to keep the art assets threads focused on art assets when possible. It's not a rule per se, just trying to be a bit more courteous to others hunting down assets and such from my end.

To your question, it depends on if you are looking to make a comic or are planning on using a game engine, or are just making art. I'll PM you.

Reactions: Bryon Smothers