Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Ahh, now I understand. Thanks. I render everything at 4096 wide, and the associated height is determined by the aspect ratio I choose in the Settings Tab. That's major overkill for most people, but I have my render computer connected to my UHD 4K 65" curved TV and the resolution is needed for that size display. I end up having to reduce the size just to upload the render to the forum. I don't denoise during the render for the same reason you mentioned...it seems "picky" depending on memory usage, etc. I use the stand-alone denoiser on the finished render instead. Most of my renders will take less than 15 minutes, but the more complex ones will use the entire 2 hours default "7200 seconds" setting in the Settings Tab. But I'm retired so have lots of free time. ;)

The "fix" for the genitals worked great too. I totally forgot I could have done that to "fix" it. Did it and saved a new .duf file as a "scene" and I can now load that as a Dee G8F .duf with no issues. Thanks for that heads-up. (y)

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Tribute post using Matari's Dee G8F .duf file. This render uses the New Gens for Victoria 8 genitalia because I hadn't figured out how to "fix" the Golden Palace V2 textures yet (but Matari's "how to" solved that for me for future renders).

I used 2 instances of the .duf file to get 2 "real" D's in the render. Also placed them on a mirrored floor, so there are 4 D's in the picture. Two hour render, then stand-alone Intel denoised the finished render. Rendered at 4096 x 6627 (Golden Ratio Portrait aspect in Daz list), reduced to 2350 x 3800 to meet forum upload limits. Open wide full screen and scroll.

Thanks to Matari for the G8 Dee .duf file. (y)

DMD - Dee G8 Duo - DMVert02 - 01.png

Last edited:

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
I took Matari's model for a ride. It was a pretty serious scene ~ 1800 Sample 2 hours rendering and noisy like hell.
One comment. The Bangs movement on the hair did not work. (Rochelle Ponytail Hair (2)).
Any ideas? If the previous content was mentioned, I apologize. I don't always understand long explanations :)
RAW
Dee_test_Matari.jpg
Denoised
Dee_test_Matari_nvidia.jpg
RAW Resized
Dee_test_Matari_resized.jpg
Denoised Resized
Dee_test_Matari_resized_nvidia.jpg

mrdb

Oct 4, 2017
I took Matari's model for a ride. It was a pretty serious scene ~ 1800 Sample 2 hours rendering and noisy like hell.
One comment. The Bangs movement on the hair did not work. (Rochelle Ponytail Hair (2)).
Any ideas? If the previous content was mentioned, I apologize. I don't always understand long explanations :)
RAW
View attachment 1207316
Denoised
View attachment 1207317
RAW Resized
View attachment 1207318
Denoised Resized
View attachment 1207319
Adjust the "Smoothing Angle" to remove the striping of the shadows on the thigh. Start with "0" and see how it is affected. For the hair, depending on the mesh I will add a dforce modifier or convert it to a prop and use the cloth simulation. The dforce sim may cause the mesh to "explode" during the sim. If the mesh clips through itself, don't bother it will just explode. You may need to use a hair conversion tool to convert G3 hair to G8 so the morph dials will work again. (I've never tried it, but it may work). An easy option is to make an invisible G3 with the hair loaded, scaled, and posed exactly in the same position as G8.

Matari

Jan 30, 2018
tomyboy06

In my .Duf file there are 2 hairs. One is "fit to" the head with the tail hidden so that's why you can't move the bangs like you would on G3F. The other is parented to the head and scaled, with the main head hidden so you can pose and move the tail.

The G3F to G8F Hair converter will fix that issue so that you don't have to use 2 hair props like I did to get a good fit and partial usage of the hair.

jfredy78
Not sure what you are asking, could you explain what you mean?

Last edited:

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
Thank You for your answer. It wasn't a big problem, I was just trying to be so precise :)
There was a bit of a clash in the candidate place. But Mash Grabber was my friend.
Dee_test_Matari_nvidia.jpg

kingcobra68

Jun 22, 2017
This post is mainly for those that are newer to this thread, that are looking for 'Dee' for fanart purposes.

I went ahead and merged the various morphs used in f95zoneuser463 's version of Dee, which he dialed in based on suggesions by Rich , with a few additional tweaks, into a single morph shape. This way, people won't need to track down the various morph packages, they can just load the .duf file in the attached 7zip file if they have Genesis 3 Female, which anyone who has Daz Studio these days should just have.

She looks like this, with the proper textures and hair, available separately:

View attachment 552575

I made a couple of additional tweaks, mainly to her derriere, and I also adjusted her height to 5'1". I saw a post elsewhere where Mr. Dots supposedly said that Dee was 5'1". You can of course use scaling or your own morphs to modify the height and or other features to your own liking if you so desire...

The attached 7zip file will place the .duf file for this character into your Scene Subsets directory, after following the installation instructions provided inside the zip file, as well as placing the morph dial in the relevant folder, so that it will show up whenever you load a Genesis 3 Female. Just search for 'Dee' in the Parameters tab while your Genesis 3 Female is selected. If you load the provided .duf file, well Dee will already be dialed in, with proper hair and textures if you already have those installed in your Daz Library as well.

You'll still need Lilja for the Genesis 3 Female, for Dee's skin textures, and Rochelle Ponytail Hair for the Genesis 3 Female as well. Info on these in the OP of this thread, both are available at DAZ3D.com, and I've linked the relevant posts in the Asset Releases section of this forum.

One note on the Rochelle Ponytail hair. For those of us that have worked with 'Dee', there's often an annoying kink in the ponytail hair at neck level. There's a Rochelle Hair Tiffany Fit dial that I have that I used here, which seems to help minimize the 'zigzag' kink. It's still bunched up, but at least it's 'in line' now. If you don't have this morph, the hair will still work, so you can safely ignore a 'missing morph' message for that morph. I honestly don't know where that morph comes from...

Anyways, I did this mainly to make it easier for people wanting Dee for fanart purposes. Incidentally, Dee's DUF file size in the attached .zip is around a mere 220 KB or so, so she's pretty 'light' as far as loading times are concerned.

Anyways, thanks again to f95zoneuser463 for his awesome version of Dee, and also to Rich for his initial suggestions and for his contributions to this thread. And to the other contributers as well of course!

Note that I have not included genitals/anatomical elements, so you'll need to add whichever ones you prefer yourself. Mr. Dots seems to like the Golden Palace gens,...

Let me know if you have any issues with these files! Otherwise, Enjoy!

;)

Edit. A couple of people have pm'ed me about my .duf asking for a message popping up during loading asking few missing morph files. You should be able to safely ignore these, as the morphs in question aren't in use. As long as a figure that looks like 'Dee' is in the viewport after you load the file, and you can pose her, etc. that's the main thing. To avoid this, you could save Dee as a scene subset on your computer after loading her, just note that the .duf.png file will look different than the one I created for the thumbnail. Not a big deal, but if you like my thumbnail, try saving to a slightly different name. You could rename the .duf.png file to match the name of your new file manually after the fact, i.e. replace the other thumbnail, but this isn't reallly important, I just created it for aesthetic/informational purposes.

I have a LOT of morphs for Genesis 3 Female, and a few of them have 'hard welded' themselves to G3F in my install apparently. They aren't in use, but this seems to be an ongoing issue with any .duf files that I share. Again, shouldn't affect anything by clicking 'ignore' in this case, unless the message is about missing Rochelle Ponytail stuff or missing Lilja textures, or a missing 'Dee' morph.

first off thanx for all lessons on creating characters over the years:) Anyway i used you duf file of Dee and all the others items now i just switched daz4.15 when i loaded it look like this fix3.PNG fix4.PNG

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
first off thanx for all lessons on creating characters over the years:) Anyway i used you duf file of Dee and all the others items now i just switched daz4.15 when i loaded it look like this View attachment 1289973 View attachment 1289974
You should be able to safely ignore those missing items. As for the skin texture, that's another issue. See the previous post for details on that, but it's Lilja skin.

Also, see the post earlier in this thread about hiding the ponytail and then manually parenting a second ponytail. This is to eliminate the 'kink' that appears with shorter characters in Rochelle Ponytail hair.

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
i
tomyboy06

In my .Duf file there are 2 hairs. One is "fit to" the head with the tail hidden so that's why you can't move the bangs like you would on G3F. The other is parented to the head and scaled, with the main head hidden so you can pose and move the tail.

The G3F to G8F Hair converter will fix that issue so that you don't have to use 2 hair props like I did to get a good fit and partial usage of the hair.

jfredy78
Not sure what you are asking, could you explain what you mean?
Thanks for sharing your Dee.

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
Dee's necklace and engagement ring
Sorry if this link is redundant
/

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
DMD's Vicky - BigRooster.png
It was suggested that I share the file here. I'm more than happy to do so. Her brows are too thin but "oh my brows" can fix them!

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A number of the items from Elena's bedroom, as seen on Day 16 ingame, are here:

Mainly the lower bed and desk with chair, it may be the set as configured above with 'extra' stuff removed, such as the upper bed. We only see the one wall and a close in shot of the bed.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This is a little late, but for those of you that have been wanting to recreate Olivia, FSWA Whitley is in the $1.99 PC+ for a day category in the Daz3D.com sale. If you are a PC+ member of course.

Still about 5 hours left r.e. today's sale, otherwise you may have to wait a bit for the next good deal on her!

Reactions: Big Rooster
Jun 3, 2018
Hey guys, firstly - loving the work you've been doing. I'm quite interested in trying it all out myself, but I currently don't have the kit for it. However, I've been meaning to get a new workhorse anyway. I wanted to ask, if I'm not crossing any lines in doing so, if the specs for this rig would be good enough to be on par with what you guys are putting out there. I'll also need to learn how to use the software, but that's another thing all together! Thanks for any help in advance.

• Wow

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
deathadder90

You're kidding right? That rig has to be in the multi k price range...

The first thing I checked was the graphics card. The main thing to make sure to get (unless you aren't doing Iray GPU based rendering) is an Nvidia GPU with decent amounts of VRAM. I recommend 6GB of VRAM as a minimum (8-12 GB is better, the RTX 3090 has waaaay more than that), so in that respect you are more than covered as far as VRAM. That card is also top of the heap as far as 'consumer' GPUs go, although Nvidia does make 'Pro' cards with more VRAM. I doubt that you'll be able to exceed the 3090's VRAM if you are just getting started, unless you are doing a mega orgy scene with over a dozen characters and are trying to render it in one go...

The PSU you mentioned should be able to feed that beast, but it's hard to know, as not all 1000w PSU's are created equally. I'd suggest reading the reviews on said power supply to see if there are any recurring issues or not.

In this case, unless you are doing CPU based rendering, the CPU isn't all that important. Having 8 cores/16 threads should be plenty fine, I'm making do with 4 cores and 8 threads from the 47xx Intel era without too many issues, but having more cores would probably help with responsiveness a bit. The core count becomes more important for other applications though, and if you are doing CPU only based rendering, which you obviously will probably not be doing as you are looking at an RTX 3090.

I'm currently watching RTX3060 prices, as those cards have 12GB of VRAM, which is plenty for my current needs, and in the meantime am making do with 8GB 1080's. My partner in crime for FmF has a 6 GB card and is managing pretty well. My point here is that there may be cheaper options that will suit your needs, no sense paying for a 3090 unless you are paying around MSRP (i.e. a prebuilt) and have the cash to spare.

The 3060 will be a bit slower to render than a 3090 of course (see rendering benchmarks) but if you are just getting started it's more than enough, assuming you can find one near the $400-$450 MSRP... I'm seeing them for over double that though, which Is why I'm biding my time with my 1080s...

Supposedly we have 16GB 3070s or 3080s coming down the pike fairly soon, but I'm guessing those will be unobtanium at launch... 16GB is more than plenty in most cases.

As for storage, a 2 TB SSD + 4 TB HDD is plenty. Fortunately storage is reasonably cheap and easy to add more later (assuming that you have spare SATA/M.2/etc. slots and associated power connectors if needed).I recently grabbed an 8 TB SSD (2.5") and immediately almost filled it, with about 2 TB to spare when I transferred stuff over to it, but then between various Renpy games and all of the Daz related stuff I've made/accumulated over the last few years, but it took me quite a while to hit that level of 'file stuff'.

Hope this helps!
;)

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hey guys, firstly - loving the work you've been doing. I'm quite interested in trying it all out myself, but I currently don't have the kit for it. However, I've been meaning to get a new workhorse anyway. I wanted to ask, if I'm not crossing any lines in doing so, if the specs for this rig would be good enough to be on par with what you guys are putting out there. I'll also need to learn how to use the software, but that's another thing all together! Thanks for any help in advance.
I'll test it for you to make sure it works :cool::rolleyes::unsure::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ThanusDestroyer
Jun 3, 2018
deathadder90

You're kidding right? That rig has to be in the multi k price range...

The first thing I checked was the graphics card. The main thing to make sure to get (unless you aren't doing Iray GPU based rendering) is an Nvidia GPU with decent amounts of VRAM. I recommend 6GB of VRAM as a minimum (8-12 GB is better, the RTX 3090 has waaaay more than that), so in that respect you are more than covered as far as VRAM. That card is also top of the heap as far as 'consumer' GPUs go, although Nvidia does make 'Pro' cards with more VRAM. I doubt that you'll be able to exceed the 3090's VRAM if you are just getting started, unless you are doing a mega orgy scene with over a dozen characters and are trying to render it in one go...

The PSU you mentioned should be able to feed that beast, but it's hard to know, as not all 1000w PSU's are created equally. I'd suggest reading the reviews on said power supply to see if there are any recurring issues or not.

In this case, unless you are doing CPU based rendering, the CPU isn't all that important. Having 8 cores/16 threads should be plenty fine, I'm making do with 4 cores and 8 threads from the 47xx Intel era without too many issues, but having more cores would probably help with responsiveness a bit. The core count becomes more important for other applications though, and if you are doing CPU only based rendering, which you obviously will probably not be doing as you are looking at an RTX 3090.

I'm currently watching RTX3060 prices, as those cards have 12GB of VRAM, which is plenty for my current needs, and in the meantime am making do with 8GB 1080's. My partner in crime for FmF has a 6 GB card and is managing pretty well. My point here is that there may be cheaper options that will suit your needs, no sense paying for a 3090 unless you are paying around MSRP (i.e. a prebuilt) and have the cash to spare.

The 3060 will be a bit slower to render than a 3090 of course (see rendering benchmarks) but if you are just getting started it's more than enough, assuming you can find one near the $400-$450 MSRP... I'm seeing them for over double that though, which Is why I'm biding my time with my 1080s...

Supposedly we have 16GB 3070s or 3080s coming down the pike fairly soon, but I'm guessing those will be unobtanium at launch... 16GB is more than plenty in most cases.

As for storage, a 2 TB SSD + 4 TB HDD is plenty. Fortunately storage is reasonably cheap and easy to add more later (assuming that you have spare SATA/M.2/etc. slots and associated power connectors if needed).I recently grabbed an 8 TB SSD (2.5") and immediately almost filled it, with about 2 TB to spare when I transferred stuff over to it, but then between various Renpy games and all of the Daz related stuff I've made/accumulated over the last few years, but it took me quite a while to hit that level of 'file stuff'.

Hope this helps!
;)
Thanks for the detail man, much appreciated.

Might point out that this isn't all I use it for. I'm a full time web-dev/graphic design/marketing/video-editing professional and need something that's a) going to last for years b) handle anything I throw at it c) able to do multiple things at the same time. The CPU and RAM combo is important for all the multi-tasking I do. Just decided whilst I was at it to go for the top of the line stuff. And it's exapndable, could add another GPU and doble the RAM in a few years if performance dips.

I'm hoping to be able to crack out a render WHILST i get on with work, or do an animated render without it taking forever, otherwise if I have to sit around and wait for it to be done and can't use it for work, it'll be screwed.

Price is £4K, but I'm likely to be splitting it over 3 months, so it won't be a big hit. These things get superseded sometimes with 6 months, so I don't want to be cost conscious and then have a inferior parts for 5-10 years. I've looked at retail prices on the bench-marking sites and seen the company I'm going with, who's building it for me, only mark it up a small amount. Plus if I don't spend it on a rig, it'll go on the misses' kitchen. :rolleyes:

Also was hoping to cut my teeth on creating games, a bit like you guys. Planning to use my web-dev experience to create something as an alternative to Renpy. I have many ideas :ROFLMAO:

As for your point on the PSU, I'll look into that, the build is a modification of a spec the company I'm going with offers, and I did scale up on the PSU, but ought to have a look at that again. I went from Gold to Platinum.

Got, if I read it right, up to 17 slots for HDDs, already have a few terabyte spare drives. I imagine you've got years more stuff that me, but I do hope to fill them!

Hope you don't mind if I bug you about daz and what not in the future, you've seemed to help a lot of people out.

Cheers!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
deathadder90

About the only other thing that I would normally recommend is looking at a Threadripper build, if you are going to be using it in a professional environment. A 16 core AMD Ryzen 5950X is also an interesting option. The main advantage of Threadripper (and Threadripper Pro) is the buttload of PCIe lanes, should you be thinking about doing crazy stuff like quad GPU setups with leftover PCIe lanes for storage, etc..

Unfortunately the 'next gen' Threadrippers are apparently delayed (stupid pandemic/supply shortages/etc.). A few people were expecting them around now, but now it's looking like Q1 2022 at the earliest. But the 'current gen' WX Threadrippers have 8 channels for memory and can support a buttload of it, depending on motherboard support (i.e. you need a 'pro' motherboard that supports WX). A number of the 'tech press' types love Threadripper still, even though the CPUs are a generation behind.

Of course, if your software favors the Intel architecture (higher benchmarks and such) that's a consideration too. It all depends on how 'flexible' you'd like your build to be...

Here's a video where Wendell has recently looked at a WRX80 Threadripper motherboard, which should give you a general feel for the WX family:

Sort of 'six of one, half dozen of the other', but right now AMD Threadripper is hard to beat, as Intel hasn't released a suitable counter in the workstation workspace for a bit now. That may change in the next year or so of course, with the new architecture coming down the pike.

Those are my thoughts, just thought I'd share my perspective.

Last edited: