VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Is it worth holding a poll to see what are the popular routes? For example from what I've seen, most play either Sub Viv with Des, or Dom Viv with Eva and/or Mom. That might help work out what routes can safely be postponed until later withoit losing too many supporters.
Dom ViV with lovely Des!
Only Dom Viv can kick some ass!
But this was hardly a surprise to you guys :sneaky:

Shit talking aside, Isnt there some poll site where u can do it?

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
Nice update, if still a little short, and I like the new Vi. Also impressed with Megan who I'm hoping we see more off (biblically as well playing an on-going role in the game) and who is also a literal motherfucker (and hope her Mom joins her in-game soon)

Minor point, but it sounds a bit weird the horny bunny slaves call the sorority girls Master, why not use the proper feminine version and call them Mistress?

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Minor point, but it sounds a bit weird the horny bunny slaves call the sorority girls Master, why not use the proper feminine version and call them Mistress?
I went with master instead of mistress because it gives a much more master slave vibe in the verbiage that doesn't necessarily come across as well when using mistress as mistress can just be a term for a woman with a position of power.
But that is just my subjective opinion.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I went with master instead of mistress because it gives a much more master slave vibe in the verbiage that doesn't necessarily come across as well when using mistress as mistress can just be a term for a woman with a position of power.
You're not really wrong, but the context of the scene would be enough cue in the observant reader/player. From anything I've ever read or seen, I think Mistress is the usual title in BDSM situations where the D-type is a woman.

Reactions: Asmodeus34
Jul 19, 2020
As a native English speaker this vibe does not compute to me, it just reads as incorrect grammar. In modern usage the word mistress is definitely not used as a general term for a woman in a position of power, that would be very unusual and archaic, but it is used widely in actual BDSM-play and is easily recognised as such.

Reactions: Asmodeus34

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
As a native English speaker this vibe does not compute to me, it just reads as incorrect grammar. In modern usage the word mistress is definitely not used as a general term for a woman in a position of power, that would be very unusual and archaic
As a native English speaker, I'm not sure you know what grammar means.

It's absolutely grammatically correct, and BWG is right; the definition of Mistress is "a woman in a position of authority or control" precisely as specified. Personally I don't care which term is used in the game, but you've written this statement as if it's a fact when it's not. What you've written instead is a personal opinion.

I think the motivation for this term is simple: 'Master' leaves absolutely no room for interpretation about the relationship dynamic.

'Mistress' while usually similar, can have a different connotation, as BWG pointed out.

If your goal is to make it explicitly, irrefutably clear of the relationship dynamic, 'Master' is the safer call, which I'd say applies here.

That said, I couldn't care less which word is used. I just find it strange others are so put off by one and not the other.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I confess reading "master" surprised me for a second, I was expecting "mistress". Not a native speaker but I didn't understand the difference why using master instead of mistress.

Jul 19, 2020
As a native English speaker, I'm not sure you know what grammar means.

It's absolutely grammatically correct, and BWG is right; the definition of Mistress is "a woman in a position of authority or control" precisely as specified. Personally I don't care which term is used in the game, but you've written this statement as if it's a fact when it's not. What you've written instead is a personal opinion.
No its not. Master and mistress are highly gendered terms so if you refer to a woman as master then it stands out immediately. You don't have to be correct and exact when writing by any means, but the overwhelming majority of english speakers when reading that are not going to think "Ah, I am more informed now about the nature of this relationship." they're to think "Oh oops, the writer used the wrong word there."

It's a definition yes, but its very old and that's not how it is actually used in the language now. Same with the word gay, a definition of gay is simply happy, but if you go up and ask someone if they're gay they're going to understand your question to mean "Are you homosexual?" because that's how the word is actually used. For example, if your teacher or your boss at work is a woman, you absolutely would not call her mistress because that's extremely inappropriate.

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
Changelog:

The first part of the sorority party is pretty much done.
So far there is one game with the sorority with lots of lude content.
There is one short sex scene between two bunny slaves One full Sex scene between Vivian and Megan

fixes:

Changed many of the pngs to jpegs to reduce the game size. Quality should remain close to original.

Fixed if you were romancing Des but also being trained by Harper to be a Dom, Vivian would automatically enter into Domming
Des even though the player hadn't chosen to do so.

New Character Sprites for Malina and Vivian have been added as part of the redesign. Other minor tweaks and fixes

Downloads:

PC:

Mac:

Last edited:

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Dog Days Summer [0.5.4.1 Beta] Compressed (Half-Tested)

Win/Linux (989 MB/ 154 MB) : ,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bulbor

Aug 22, 2019
Would it be safe to assume that there were very few penises involved in the casting of this game? And that there will be no BG content in the future either?

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Would it be safe to assume that there were very few penises involved in the casting of this game? And that there will be no BG content in the future either?
You would be correct in both assumptions

Jun 15, 2021
I saw the discussion on the previous page, and I just wanted to reaffirm that the "master" nomenclature was awkward to me as well. In terms of proper grammar, this is an error. Like someone else said, Master is very specifically related to male gender. It's like He / him / mister / mr. / etc. Mistress really is the opposite gender form of master. Think of a school, you have a headmaster. or you have a headmistress. I'm a little surprised that there is confusion about this. I always find it a little odd that people makes guesses about things, when the information can be sought out within seconds in another browser window. :)

I would offer that another title that is often used in these types of master / slave scenarios and might be more appropriate for what you're trying to get across would be the title "domina." (related to dominatrix and mistress)

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Master is refer to male not to female in term of dom/slave relationship. In this aspect female it called Mistress and it good since Mrs Harper had slaves she is Mistress in dom/slave relationship.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I would offer that another title that is often used in these types of master / slave scenarios and might be more appropriate for what you're trying to get across would be the title "domina." (related to dominatrix and mistress)
Domina isn't a word that I encounter frequently "in the wild" although it could be a regional or sub-culture phenomenon. For me, it is usually a suggestion that the writer (I've never heard it spoken!) is not a native English speaker and is using a translated/borrowed word. It is understandable, but not necessarily natural sounding.

Reactions: Lillen B.
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes