nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
Just a question, there is no time limit right? I mean to finish the game before day X or it's game over, like Daibanchou?
the time limit's just there in certain chapters if u don't do the main story asap to save the girl u get a rape cg that locks u out of their ending. aside from that it's kind of meaningless.

Reactions: JosephF

Xerofia

Jul 25, 2017
Pretty fun game. Tho the section where you are separated from the team is pretty shit. Anyone know how to heal yourself using the items? Since it seems like you can only target the person infront only.
What's your characters lv when doing this main story.? My MC is lv 20 and that solo mission is pretty shitty, like i keep getting killed.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Oh hell yeah, best Halloween game i can get, steams halloween sale is kinda bad, did not know anyone is planning to release it here in the west so im very hyped for it, though i do hope its not gonna sound like a MTL.

Can someone confirm the translation quality before i buy this?

omeganecross

Aug 6, 2017
Oh hell yeah, best Halloween game i can get, steams halloween sale is kinda bad, did not know anyone is planning to release it here in the west so im very hyped for it, though i do hope its not gonna sound like a MTL.

its an official translated release from a company, its legit

TaigaButt

May 28, 2017

I'm about 80 days in, the grammar of the translation is good besides a few weird slang terms that seem mistranslated, and only 1 actual typo so far lol

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
I'm about 80 days in, the grammar of the translation is good besides a few weird slang terms that seem mistranslated, and only 1 actual typo so far lol
Thanks, im asking cause i dont know this publisher so i did not know if its more official english like Kagura Games would do, or just some MTL like some other publishers do.

Therod

Apr 20, 2018
I think just because it’s in English does not mean it is an official western release.

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
People don't seem to know that...
First: johren is nutaku with a mask
Second: Nutaku sold non-official machine translated shit for SakuraGames in the past, games they didn't had a contract/agreement to even be able to sell and still did. Though only Alicesoft can go on justice for this.
Third: Official localized games don't require that u swap region and everything is turned in english/unscensored. Stuff only remains censored when the game is official released in Japan, or for some, have both languages.

So is this a true official english release? Hell nah. Most likely they took the translation some people were working here before and are selling it after completing it a bit. It's by far one of the worst possible localizations and thats why i prefer groups like Jast, Mangagamer and Kaguragames... The only page that does release stuff in english censored as official is "DLSite" though that is also released by the game creator and he didn't feels like unscensoring to release to the west.

Grab literally ANY official release by Mangagamer, games by this very same developer group and u will notice the difference, everything is on english, from settings to the game name above on it's window, everything was meant/fixed so the game can run outside of Japan locale and it also have great translation without typos, because it goes in the hands of many workers that fix typos/remove offensive to other regions content. And the best thing about, official releases don't require system to be Japan all the time when extracting/installing/running. So is this one original/official?. Hell naw.

Nutaku does have an licence agreement with dmm to play their mobile games on their page, and even their official ones are all crap translated with lots of typos/misses and glitches/bugs. So doubt for this is real...

Therod

Apr 20, 2018
Second: Nutaku sold non-official machine translated shit for SakuraGames in the past, games they didn't had a contract/agreement to even be able to sell and still did. Though only Alicesoft can go on justice for this.
Third: Official localized games don't require that u swap region and everything is turned in english/unscensored. Stuff only remains censored when the game is official released in Japan, or for some, have both languages.

So is this a true official english release? Hell nah. Most likely they took the translation some people were working here before and are selling it after completing it a bit. It's by far one of the worst possible localizations and thats why i prefer groups like Jast, Mangagamer and Kaguragames... The only page that does release stuff in english censored as official is "DLSite" though that is also released by the game creator and he didn't feels like unscensoring to release to the west.

Grab literally ANY official release by Mangagamer, games by this very same developer group and u will notice the difference, everything is on english, from settings to the game name above on it's window, everything was meant/fixed so the game can run outside of Japan locale and it also have great translation without typos, because it goes in the hands of many workers that fix typos/remove offensive to other regions content. And the best thing about, official releases don't require system to be Japan all the time when extracting/installing/running. So is this one original/official?. Hell naw.
That means it will eventually have an uncensored release.

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
That means it will eventually have an uncensored release.
Johren already made their release but the point is "if" Alicesoft will be against/complain/make an agreement. The game is already up even without a proper contract i guess, so, if they can at least fish Alicesoft, then yeah, possible for an update later on to remove censorship/proper release somewhere else if they see that the game called attention.

Reactions: Brololol and Therod

Therod

Apr 20, 2018
Johren already made their release but the point is "if" Alicesoft will be against/complain/make an agreement. The game is already up even without a proper contract i guess, so, if they can at least fish Alicesoft, then yeah, possible for an update later on to remove censorship/proper release somewhere else if they see that the game called attention.
Thank you for instilling hope.

Reactions: Brololol

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018

Nutaku does have an licence agreement with dmm to play their mobile games on their page, and even their official ones are all crap translated with lots of typos/misses and glitches/bugs. So doubt for this is real...
This is an official English release even if it is not to the same standard as others. Shiravune releases are known to be a toss up on requiring Japanese locale and sometimes they fix it and sometimes they don't because they are working on Japanese computers. Plus, the workaround posted here is using the JP exe file so of course you have to be in Japanese locale. Also, the translator worked on Shiravune releases before such as Eden's Ritter and Suzukuri Karin so likely is a contractor doing work for Shiravune or works for an agency and has been assigned to Shiravune. A game can remain censored with mosaics or have even more censorship in English releases especially if the publisher doesn't care enough or if the Japanese developer and/or publisher is adamant about it such as the Baldr Sky situation(resulting in Sekai Project basically releasing an unofficial patch), Maitetsu, Cyanotype Daydream, and Noratoto. Johren and Nutaku are not the same entity at all, very likely Johren just ripped off many aspects of Nutaku when creating their platform.
This has rarely happened where a VN changed publishers for the localization and thus changed a core aspect of the release such as when Navel did not renew the contract with MangaGamer for Shuffle and Soul Link and then YumeHaven released Shuffle but with no sexual content as they ported the console version to PC. If it does happen it likely will not happen for 8-10+ years, and that is if their contract isn't a very longterm one. Which I seriously doubt Shiravune and really DMM would not want to put as much money as possible into a partner like Alicesoft to ensure Dohna Dohna's publishing rights stay with them which means they can keep the contract for as long as Shiravune exists which many of these VN publishers have been trying to do for their licenses.

Last edited:

Therod

Apr 20, 2018
This is an official English release even if it is not to the same standard as others. Shiravune releases are known to be a toss up on requiring Japanese locale and sometimes they fix it and sometimes they don't because they are working on Japanese computers. Also, the translator worked on Shiravune releases before such as Eden's Ritter Suzukuri Karin so likely is a contractor doing work for Shiravune and works for an agency and has been assigned to Shiravune. A game can remain censored with mosaics or have even more censorship in English releases especially if the publisher doesn't care enough or if the Japanese developer and/or publisher is adamant about it such as the Baldr Sky situation(resulting in Sekai Project basically releasing an unofficial patch), Maitetsu, Cyanotype Daydream, and Noratoto. Johren and Nutaku are not the same entity at all, very likely Johren just ripped off many aspects of Nutaku when creating their platform.

This has rarely happened where a VN changed publishers for the localization and thus changed a core aspect of the release such as when Navel did not renew the contract with MangaGamer for Shuffle and Soul Link and then YumeHaven released Shuffle but with no sexual content as they ported the console version to PC. If it does happen it likely will not happen for 8-10+ years, and that is if their contract isn't a very longterm one. Which I seriously doubt Shiravune and really DMM would not want to put as much money as possible into a partner like Alicesoft to ensure Dohna Dohna's publishing rights stay with them which means they can keep the contract for as long as Shiravune exists which many of these VN publishers have been trying to do for their licenses.
I thought Shuffle was released into the United states uncensored?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I thought Shuffle was released into the United states uncensored?
It was, but the Japanese developer did not want the license to continue with MangaGamer so MangaGamer had to delist Shuffle and Soul Link from their site. Then not long after that YumeHaven announced they were releasing Shuffle and they put it on Steam using the console version with no sexual content. Likely what happened is YumeHaven's parent company likely knew the contract was expiring so offered Navel money to ensure they got the license and wouldn't renew with MangaGamer. But, last year the contract ran out so YumeHaven had to pull Shuffle from Steam.

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Johren and Nutaku are not the same entity at all, very likely Johren just ripped off many aspects of Nutaku when creating their platform.
With this i totally disagree with you since i've been playing taco games since it's primordial times, what happened here was that they had many games in the past starting with Lord of Walkure and as they slowly made shit moves, released stuff without contracts by SakuraGames, closed many games people loved and also have bad management/servers on their own policy(they don't ban whales who cheat with scripts and stuff because they keep the game ongoing). Another point is, when Johren was starting, there were times the page(nutaku) was off to a reboot or something and Johren gone off simultaneously. It's basically a reach like... hey, look here, we're a different company, we didn't do any shit yet. Basically, it's a reboot or another re-attempt with same devs/service trying to mask all the shit and bad attendance they made so far, by hiding behind a new name. Money greed bastards as usual.

It's a fact/true that Johren and Taco are on different domains or url though, but this doesn't cut out for me when even their devs are the same >.>

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
With this i totally disagree with you since i've been playing taco games since it's primordial times, what happened here was that they had many games in the past starting with Lord of Walkure and as they slowly made shit moves, released stuff without contracts by SakuraGames, closed many games people loved and also have bad management/servers on their own policy(they don't ban whales who cheat with scripts and stuff because they keep the game ongoing). Another point is, when Johren was starting, there were times the page(nutaku) was off to a reboot or something and Johren gone off simultaneously. It's basically a reach like... hey, look here, we're a different company, we didn't do any shit yet. Basically, it's a reboot or another re-attempt with same devs/service trying to mask all the shit and bad attendance they made so far, by hiding behind a new name. Money greed bastards as usual.
It is possible they are running with similar infrastructure and DMM probably paid who ever is behind the Nutaku site to also work on their site which explains why they share certain games and many similarities. But, it is a known fact DMM does in fact own Johren, so it is more likely they have a deal with the people behind Nutaku to help with their site in some fashion. Which isn't far off due to DMM and Nutaku's already existing partnership before Johren existed. They share games because before Johren existed, Nutaku distributed DMM games officially outside Japan such as Magicami. Now with Johren existing DMM can do it themselves while also maintaining business relations with Nutaku for their assistance over the years and likely also helping with the Johren site.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 53 Votes