RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
Update Blog

Dear Patrons,
First of all, thank you for patiently waiting for the next update. I know it’s taking a while, and trust me, I’m just as frustrated as you are. But I am trying my best to deliver the next update as soon as possible.
As I mentioned previously, the reason for the long delay is some IRL issues I have been dealing with for the last few months. Because of that, work on the game has been very slow. And I’ll need another month to go back to my regular schedule. So I’m afraid you guys have to wait a little longer before you can play the next update.
Now let’s talk about some good news. I’m confident that all my issues will be resolved within the next month. After that, you can expect much faster updates. Until then, please be patient with me.
That being said, let’s talk about how much work has been done so far. I have already completed one event previously and just completed rendering scenes for an event from the “Slutty Secretary” Quest. This event contains over thousands of lines of dialogue, multiple erotic scenes which are thoroughly depicted by more than hundred high res renders. And the script for the third and fourth event is done and will start rendering scenes.
It may not seem like much work has been done, but I assure you that’s not the case. Both events are bigger than anything I have worked on before and contain some really spicy contents. I am confident that if I release the game right now, most of you will be satisfied playing it. But I would like to at least add another event before considering releasing it. I hope you will be patient until then.

Thank you and take care.

Bondager1982

Jan 12, 2022
Update Blog

Dear Patrons,
First of all, thank you for patiently waiting for the next update. I know it’s taking a while, and trust me, I’m just as frustrated as you are. But I am trying my best to deliver the next update as soon as possible.
As I mentioned previously, the reason for the long delay is some IRL issues I have been dealing with for the last few months. Because of that, work on the game has been very slow. And I’ll need another month to go back to my regular schedule. So I’m afraid you guys have to wait a little longer before you can play the next update.
Now let’s talk about some good news. I’m confident that all my issues will be resolved within the next month. After that, you can expect much faster updates. Until then, please be patient with me.
That being said, let’s talk about how much work has been done so far. I have already completed one event previously and just completed rendering scenes for an event from the “Slutty Secretary” Quest. This event contains over thousands of lines of dialogue, multiple erotic scenes which are thoroughly depicted by more than hundred high res renders. And the script for the third and fourth event is done and will start rendering scenes.
It may not seem like much work has been done, but I assure you that’s not the case. Both events are bigger than anything I have worked on before and contain some really spicy contents. I am confident that if I release the game right now, most of you will be satisfied playing it. But I would like to at least add another event before considering releasing it. I hope you will be patient until then.

Thank you and take care.
FMag punctual as always . Thank you :giggle:

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Update Blog

Dear Patrons,

Thank you and take care.
I know I will be patient, this dev is one of the best out there in my opinion.

Reactions: fitabts

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019
Update Blog

Dear Patrons,

Thank you and take care.
Thumbs up and thank you 4 sharing! :)

Reactions: FMag

Sawydawg

Oct 18, 2019
Update Blog

Dear Patrons,

Thank you and take care.
IRL issues for the past few month, dang sorry to hear that. I imagine during this time you paused the Patreon and stopped collecting money from people as the work slowed down. Oh no, you kept collecting money. Funny how that works, you do less work over the past few months yet still get paid the same. I made a post previously on this thread suggesting this is exactly what you were gonna do. It's crazy how quickly you proved me right. I advise everyone to cancel your Patreon right now and just wait for the full launch. If that ever happens...

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
IRL issues for the past few month, dang sorry to hear that. I imagine during this time you paused the Patreon and stopped collecting money from people as the work slowed down. Oh no, you kept collecting money. Funny how that works, you do less work over the past few months yet still get paid the same. I made a post previously on this thread suggesting this is exactly what you were gonna do. It's crazy how quickly you proved me right. I advise everyone to cancel your Patreon right now and just wait for the full launch. If that ever happens...
So I assume you are one of those sending money to the dev? If so I support your decision to stop sending money. If you are not funny how the person who is getting the game for free is the one most bitching. There are certainly devs I would never trust based on past behavior but I myself have seen nothing questionable about what this dev has done except delay an update.
Now it certainly could be that the dev is milking people but most devs who do that don't bother to explain themselves or provide reasons. People have their reasons why they support devs even when almost every single one has at one time or another delayed updates. I am sure you go on every game's forum to rip those devs a new one... no?

Hermannelig13

Jun 4, 2023
Update Blog

Dear Patrons,

Thank you and take care.
Will wait. What else do we have left?

Sawydawg

Oct 18, 2019
So I assume you are one of those sending money to the dev? If so I support your decision to stop sending money. If you are not funny how the person who is getting the game for free is the one most bitching. There are certainly devs I would never trust based on past behavior but I myself have seen nothing questionable about what this dev has done except delay an update.
Now it certainly could be that the dev is milking people but most devs who do that don't bother to explain themselves or provide reasons. People have their reasons why they support devs even when almost every single one has at one time or another delayed updates. I am sure you go on every game's forum to rip those devs a new one... no?
Yea, that's how I know they kept billing. I appreciate you supporting my decisions, but I disagree about the bitching part. It would suck to think the only way your allowed to offer your opinion on this dev would be to give them your money. I mean that's a big reason why this forum exists in the first place, right? To play and comment on these games without actually paying for them lol.

As far as commenting on other devs, I haven't felt the need to. This site has tons of people so if a games dev has already been called out I skip the game and have no reason to comment. This is the first time I've come across a dev that I found to be predatory and wasn't called out, so I let the people know my experience.

For what it's worth I hope I'm wrong about this dev and if you are a Patreon support that it goes well for you.

Reactions: TheUberstuff

LilithFan

Nov 23, 2019
Yea, that's how I know they kept billing. I appreciate you supporting my decisions, but I disagree about the bitching part. It would suck to think the only way your allowed to offer your opinion on this dev would be to give them your money. I mean that's a big reason why this forum exists in the first place, right? To play and comment on these games without actually paying for them lol.

As far as commenting on other devs, I haven't felt the need to. This site has tons of people so if a games dev has already been called out I skip the game and have no reason to comment. This is the first time I've come across a dev that I found to be predatory and wasn't called out, so I let the people know my experience.

For what it's worth I hope I'm wrong about this dev and if you are a Patreon support that it goes well for you.

I understand your reasoning, but at the beginning, this developer always offered his contributors the option to pause their subscriptions when there were delays.

Now, he no longer does that, and it's true that this developer has poor communication and interacts little or not at all with his community.

Personally, to avoid feeling cheated, I only financially support a project that deserves backing based on certain criteria: I support not just for what will be done, but also for what has already been accomplished.

When I feel that the project is heading in the wrong direction, progressing too slowly, or no longer deserving of more funds, I stop supporting or pause my contribution, and this way, I don't feel frustrated.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023

I understand your reasoning, but at the beginning, this developer always offered his contributors the option to pause their subscriptions when there were delays.

Now, he no longer does that, and it's true that this developer has poor communication and interacts little or not at all with his community.

Personally, to avoid feeling cheated, I only financially support a project that deserves backing based on certain criteria: I support not just for what will be done, but also for what has already been accomplished.

When I feel that the project is heading in the wrong direction, progressing too slowly, or no longer deserving of more funds, I stop supporting or pause my contribution, and this way, I don't feel frustrated.
To each their own with what they choose to do with there real life money. In some ways I agree and in others I disagree, this Devs biggest fault is poor communication, not even slow development time. If the dev communicated better at least his community would have their expectations set properly.

This is one of the few devs where it pained me to drop my Patreon membership (long ago) but when a new release comes out I still end up supporting on Patreon, to get the latest update. He still gets financial support from me just not as much as he would get if he just had better communication. Yes, I could just stick with pirating it and not giving a dollar but what will eventually happen is the project will just die, and we lose a fairly good VN in the process.

So if you don't want to support on a monthly basis I get it and I would never tell you what to do with your real life money. If you do enjoy the updates and you have the ability to financially support in my opinion at least do the one time support to get the latest update and keep supporting him.

I would love to see him just do a monthly update post, so I could set support and forget about it but as is, I understand where you are coming from. I definitely would not call him a scammer in any way shape or form, he works at his own pace but he does deliver consistently in my opinion.

chillo

May 7, 2017
how do i "go back" to previous texts if ive missed a line? ive searched for go back and previous on this thread and got no results. even a history would be better than nowt.

Bondager1982

Jan 12, 2022
how do i "go back" to previous texts if ive missed a line? ive searched for go back and previous on this thread and got no results. even a history would be better than nowt.
Not sure there is a way mate.
Maybe just reloading a previous save?
Not a solution if was a long dialogue sadly

Reactions: chillo
4.00 star(s) 53 Votes