Ren'Py Abandoned Dragon Date [December Demo] [Akemari Studios]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The text that goes along with the graphic is. Even with the explanation on how to read the graphic, I still don't understand why so many large ovals or why he couldn't have made one with that includes text names.

March Update 2021
Akemari Studios
March 31, 2021
Hey guys,

Sorry the update was a bit late. Honestly I wanted to cram in some last minute progress. Perhaps I should have labelled them but my computer was already trying to commit suicide because of how many layers I had. The long bars are act scenes that break up the game. The columns of dots go as follows. Anna, Ketla, Liri, Pitch, Rix, Secret, Dragon, Tavern. So a dragon scene would be one where you talk to Braxis, a tavern scene would be similar to the protagonist's backstory scenes or things along those lines, and of course the scenes for the girls are self explanatory. As for colors, blue was included in the extended demo, green is pretty much good to go but requires beta testing, orange I'm actively working on but it's not ready to switch over to green, and red either has significant issues, hasn't been reviewed at all yet, or is missing animation coding, you know for the character's facial expressions/poses and so on.

Minor apology on the bland nature of the chart, but I just wanted to give a more accurate idea of how much is left to do, as requested by people in the comments. Honestly I should have been doing this a long time ago. Although my computer does have issues with photoshop and so on, part of the reason I was putting it off was because 2020 was a terrible year as far as progress is concerned. Each month it was like "Okay we didn't get very much done, but next month we'll do better and then show a chart." but obviously the next month didn't go any better. Anyway, moving past it, 2021 will be better. I've already gotten more done in 2021 than I did in the entirety of 2020.

Photoshop still doesn't work great on my PC...
As for my goals going forward. I want to be modest and shoot for the completion of around 8 of these dots per month, and a major scene (The long bars) once every two months, which would get the game done in July. Then a month or two of closed testing, and release. I'll admit I haven't managed to stay at that pace thus far, but I have been doing better in 2021, and I've been working at lot at my part time job. In the middle of April my seasonal job will end, freeing up all my time for DD.

Anyway, sorry there isn't more progress. I know it's not as much as anyone would have liked, myself included. That said, it is what it is. Going to keep looking to the future and get this finished.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
The text that goes along with the graphic is. Even with the explanation on how to read the graphic, I still don't understand why so many large ovals or why he couldn't have made one with that includes text names.

March Update 2021
Akemari Studios
March 31, 2021
Hey guys,

Sorry the update was a bit late. Honestly I wanted to cram in some last minute progress. Perhaps I should have labelled them but my computer was already trying to commit suicide because of how many layers I had. The long bars are act scenes that break up the game. The columns of dots go as follows. Anna, Ketla, Liri, Pitch, Rix, Secret, Dragon, Tavern. So a dragon scene would be one where you talk to Braxis, a tavern scene would be similar to the protagonist's backstory scenes or things along those lines, and of course the scenes for the girls are self explanatory. As for colors, blue was included in the extended demo, green is pretty much good to go but requires beta testing, orange I'm actively working on but it's not ready to switch over to green, and red either has significant issues, hasn't been reviewed at all yet, or is missing animation coding, you know for the character's facial expressions/poses and so on.

Minor apology on the bland nature of the chart, but I just wanted to give a more accurate idea of how much is left to do, as requested by people in the comments. Honestly I should have been doing this a long time ago. Although my computer does have issues with photoshop and so on, part of the reason I was putting it off was because 2020 was a terrible year as far as progress is concerned. Each month it was like "Okay we didn't get very much done, but next month we'll do better and then show a chart." but obviously the next month didn't go any better. Anyway, moving past it, 2021 will be better. I've already gotten more done in 2021 than I did in the entirety of 2020.

Photoshop still doesn't work great on my PC...
As for my goals going forward. I want to be modest and shoot for the completion of around 8 of these dots per month, and a major scene (The long bars) once every two months, which would get the game done in July. Then a month or two of closed testing, and release. I'll admit I haven't managed to stay at that pace thus far, but I have been doing better in 2021, and I've been working at lot at my part time job. In the middle of April my seasonal job will end, freeing up all my time for DD.

Anyway, sorry there isn't more progress. I know it's not as much as anyone would have liked, myself included. That said, it is what it is. Going to keep looking to the future and get this finished.
Good question as I'm not sure what she did to render Photoshop unusable and the process convoluted... Even if she was making too many layers she could have just merged common elements to simplify the file :unsure:
Old Graphic from
2defff7f32a66eee30b0e799429c227d_original.png

So the old one has 3 main parts separated into 16 Blocks (150 lines ish). The new one has 5 main parts separated into 120 dots (24 per section)
Color scheme of Blue, Green, Orange, and Red seem to remain.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Good question as I'm not sure what she did to render Photoshop unusable and the process convoluted... Even if she was making too many layers she could have just merged common elements to simplify the file :unsure:
Old Graphic from
View attachment 1118293

So the old one has 3 main parts separated into 16 Blocks (150 lines ish). The new one has 5 main parts separated into 120 dots (24 per section)
Color scheme of Blue, Green, Orange, and Red seem to remain.
The obvious fix though is A. Reinstall Photoshop, if that doesn't work, B. Use Photoshop in a Virtual Machine, and if that doesn't work, C. Reinstall OS, then move everything back over and install Photoshop.

I also like that somehow they made more progress in the first 3 months of this year and 12 months of the year prior... Unsure why anyone would expect a game to come out from them with that admission.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
The obvious fix though is A. Reinstall Photoshop, if that doesn't work, B. Use Photoshop in a Virtual Machine, and if that doesn't work, C. Reinstall OS, then move everything back over and install Photoshop.

I also like that somehow they made more progress in the first 3 months of this year and 12 months of the year prior... Unsure why anyone would expect a game to come out from them with that admission.
Or she could just link to the photoshop psd file and ask one of her fans to fix it... I would look out of morbid curiosity alone :LOL:

Red Sand

Aug 6, 2016
I think we should just go ahead and give this the on-hold tag or the abandoned tag.:unsure:
we may as well just start playing our copies of Half-Life 3 now, because I doubt this will come out anytime soon or at all. :KEK:

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I didn't know this game has a , a , and a ... Huh, Neat.

No new news to report on with the latest still being in March 2021.

The background image is more flashy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This still sums things up pretty well...
iEw1zJz-LMSZejxNbMnVgdT6Y18kcKi1ISm9MHCIgJwIHck8xTo_bUQerE9Iaqh5.gif

Ashidorei

Oct 6, 2018
This girl is a pathological procrastinator. Fortunately, I realized about it more than two years ago already. I'd suggest you keep your money until she actually finishes the game (if she ever finishes it).

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
August Update

Akemari StudiosCreator
August 2, 2021

1bbb3754753ce54d88c244d88dee1adc_original.png

Not much of an update but they are aiming for December and working to become a tax preparer.

• Haha
Reactions: kratoscar2008

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
I keep following them because i like dragons and this game looks nice.

But i really hope that they will complete the game. At least out of respect for the people who funded them.

I mean, in the end they accepted 15000 dollars. It's not a small sum...

If they have some dignity, they have to complete the game soon or later. And make it good also.

Situations like this one are the reason why i never donate money to Patreon or Kickstarter. I want a guarantee that i'll recieve something in exchange of my money.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I keep following them because i like dragons and this game looks nice.

But i really hope that they will complete the game. At least out of respect for the people who funded them.

I mean, in the end they accepted 15000 dollars. It's not a small sum...

If they have some dignity, they have to complete the game soon or later. And make it good also.

Situations like this one are the reason why i never donate money to Patreon or Kickstarter. I want a guarantee that i'll recieve something in exchange of my money.
Holdup, their budget was only 15k? Man, they really lowballed themselves.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote