Ren'Py Abandoned Dragons Keep Tavern [DEMOv2] [HornedCrew]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

HornedCrew

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
coverbanner.png
Overview:
Here, the far northern edge, inhabited by the Nords, dragons and mud crabs, you will find yourself in the role of the innkeeper. The path to prosperity and wealth is difficult and dangerous. You will be hindered by bandits, corrupt guards and forces, which even the strongest of mortals can't control.

But don't be discouraged, because you are not alone in this grim region and surely there will be those who are ready to help you on your way. And perhaps the most beautiful of them will someday find themselves in your bed because you are such skilled seducer! Are you not a skilled seducer? Do not worry, we're sure that you will find a couple of books on how to seduce ladies, sometimes they can be pretty useful...

The road to adventure is waiting for you!​

Updated: 18/4/18
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: No
Version: Demo
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:
Download
WIN: - -
Mac: - -
Linux: - -

Mac and Linux versions are experimental because I can't really test them out properly at the moment. Please report all bugs you may find.

h3CmR77.jpg

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Looks good. Would love to se more image
(also 1 more line to give it some space)
upload_2018-4-8_19-35-46.png

Last edited:

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Some thoughts:

* As someone who reads quickly, it's annoying when the text display is artificially slowed down. Not sure why the settings aren't available on the title screen.

* "Thread carefully"?

* Is there a reason to present the player with an action button when there are no other choices?

* This is grinding a lot.

* Too much setup. Let's get on with it.

* I want to say some good things about this. The English is good, and the art is nice.

Anyway, I got bored and quit playing. Sadly not for me.

Reiralie

Mythic Manor Lead Concept Writer
Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
The Patreon images seem to be broken. Will return to check it out when I can see how the game looks, thanks and good luck!

crunchie123

Sep 23, 2017
Damn i always wanted this parody (kind of i was expecting dragonborn not inkeeper but good enough)
Will there be known characters? such as the sister from the general store in that town where you help them at the very begining with the claw or maybe aela :heartcoveredeyes:

HornedCrew

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
Damn i always want
ed this parody (kind of i was expecting dragonborn not inkeeper but good enough)
Will there be known characters? such as the sister from the general store in that town where you help them at the very begining with the claw or maybe aela :heartcoveredeyes:
Will Serana be in the game? :)
There will be characters from the game, yes. Actual choice will depend on what Patrons will vote.

Work Simulator 2018
The amount of grimding will get a lot lower when we'll be done with bartending system. More minigames, less mindless clicking.
* As someone who reads quickly, it's annoying when the text display is artificially slowed down. Not sure why the settings aren't available on the title screen.

* "Thread carefully"?
We'll add an option to disable text slowing as well as Prefs page on the main menu, thanks.
And yeah, there are some typos, but I'll hunt them down eventually.

The Patreon images seem to be broken. Will return to check it out when I can see how the game looks, thanks and good luck!
All images on Patreon are hosted via imgur. If there will be more people like you - we'll change the hosting for our pics, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namco15

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
All images on Patreon are hosted via imgur. If there will be more people like you - we'll change the hosting for our pics, thanks.
Imgur is broken, apparently. Another big forum I visit a lot had an announcement that they were disabling imgur links 'cuz they either didn't work or showed the wrong pictures.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
"I used to play games like this, then I took an arrow to the knee." :closedeyesmile:

Joking. Thanks for the upload!

Tried the demo. The grinding is painful atm, but you've already answered to that.
Just a suggestion for the tax system. It doesn't make much sense that he takes half the money, it would be better to have a fixed sum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Namco15

HornedCrew

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
Imgur is broken, apparently. Another big forum I visit a lot had an announcement that they were disabling imgur links 'cuz they either didn't work or showed the wrong pictures.
Thanks, we changed our image host.
Tried the demo. The grinding is painful atm, but you've already answered to that.
Just a suggestion for the tax system. It doesn't make much sense that he takes half the money, it would be better to have a fixed sum.
The taxation system is going to be more complex because guards will want their share too. For protection, you know.
But there'll be ways to get rid of it after some time. And new ways to make money, like contraband.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanMachiFan

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Some thoughts:

* "Thread carefully"?

* Is there a reason to present the player with an action button when there are no other choices?

* Too much setup. Let's get on with it.

* I want to say some good things about this. The English is good, and the art is nice.

Anyway, I got bored and quit playing. Sadly not for me.

Use CheatEngine to speed up everything and i mean EVERYTHING, usually only 2x speed but in some more obscure games (slow text/movement/stuff, unnecessary empty space to traverse back and forth, other shit) i go with 5x speed or in one case 15x speed.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Use CheatEngine to speed up everything and i mean EVERYTHING, usually only 2x speed but in some more obscure games (slow text/movement/stuff, unnecessary empty space to traverse back and forth, other shit) i go with 5x speed or in one case 15x speed.
Once I got into the settings, it was easy enough to speed up the text to display instantaneously. My complaint was that the dev had hidden the link to the settings on the title page so I couldn't get to them until I had begun playing. Normally the first thing I do with a Ren'py game is go into the settings, mute the volume of everything and then check the text speed, raising it up before I start playing.

D

Deleted member 225174

"I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver - your hands only."

Reactions: NudeNoodle

Rimmer

May 27, 2017
I like the sound of this, but then I saw you mentioned mini games and that's me done, but good luck with your game. :)

HornedCrew

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
Mac and Linux versions added! I can't really test them out properly at the moment. Please report all bugs you may find.

I like the sound of this, but then I saw you mentioned mini games and that's me done, but good luck with your game. :)
It's not like I'll be forcing you to play tic tac toe or something. They're going to be optional.

Rimmer

May 27, 2017
Mac and Linux versions added! I can't really test them out properly at the moment. Please report all bugs you may find.

It's not like I'll be forcing you to play tic tac toe or something. They're going to be optional.
Well if I can avoid doing them then great, I just detest mini games, haven't seen a good one yet or one that makes me want to keep playing the game they are in, so it's great when devs make them optional. :)

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote