3.20 star(s) 9 Votes
Mar 16, 2018
"Dude."
dude.png
great game so far, movement is really good. few parts are a little hard when learning (like the crescents and their sweet spots) but overall enjoyable game

greenarrow25

Nov 25, 2018
Thank you guys so much! I'm glad you're into it! :D

-Wh-?
How on Earth did you get there in the first place?!

lol

Damn, I spent a good long time trying to prevent that exact thing. Thank you so much for showing me, that's *phenomenal* feedback.

I didn't personally tag it, that was some particularly cool mods around here that did that. But nah, it's a lady, and her mind is, let's call it, compromised. By an evil presence. And if I say more than that, it'll be spoilers.

Totally, it'll be in by at least the next update. I'm glad you like it!

You're right, in fact most everyone here's right, it's a female protagonist, and the tag's been changed.
And I'm glad you liked it, seriously! Hope to see you again with the next update! :D
I think it's tight enough that adding a small delay between catching back the scythe and being able to throw it again would do the trick

Mar 16, 2018
i did have a few bugs that i encountered, but that's to be expected i suppose
dying in the deep dream section with all the rails while having your last checkpoint that was active in another level (the second level in this case, presumably because completing the level spawns you back on the level select door in sanctuary instead of over the checkpoint bed that you save at) respawns you at the checkpoint in the other level, instead of in the deep dream or sanctuary.

also had a bug while returning through the door at the start of the level that had me fall through the level, camera started at the very top of sanctuary and went way past it to the bottom, it looked like the sonic y wrap glitch if you've seen that before

can't wait for the next update, i'll be keeping an eye on this game ;)

jrbnw2

Jun 8, 2018
How to change resolution or go full screen (Windows 10)? I can't see the bottom of the window it generates. It's just a wrapped HTML5 game, so I'd much prefer the raw JS/HTML and just run in chrome fullscreen (F11).

mofu2x

Oct 10, 2020
Above average polish and combat, but there's a fair amount of jank. There's some really nice flow to sections, until a gap isn't calibrated quite right, or an enemy/obstacle you have no good way to react to shows up. The moon swings in particular are frustratingly finnicky. It would annoy me less if it wasn't so close to being good.

The boss was the most underwhelming part. I have some sympathy though, because more traditional methods of making it better would mean expanding the combat mechanics a bunch. However, something like creating a larger level around the boss where it chases you around on the grind rails that were just introduced as you lead it into environmental hazards to make it vulnerable would be a pretty cool way to jazz it up without changing the core mechanics.

As an aside, the "password" is really easy to manipulate. It's just a base64-encoded array. Pop it in a decoder and you can set flags as you want and give yourself a bunch of gold. I dunno if the dev cares, but I'd laugh if they tried to sell cheats like some other devs do.

Reactions: AtticDweller

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
So the H content here is between the human characters, not between the girl and the monsters, correct?

Jun 12, 2021
i did have a few bugs that i encountered, but that's to be expected i suppose
dying in the deep dream section with all the rails while having your last checkpoint that was active in another level (the second level in this case, presumably because completing the level spawns you back on the level select door in sanctuary instead of over the checkpoint bed that you save at) respawns you at the checkpoint in the other level, instead of in the deep dream or sanctuary.

also had a bug while returning through the door at the start of the level that had me fall through the level, camera started at the very top of sanctuary and went way past it to the bottom, it looked like the sonic y wrap glitch if you've seen that before

can't wait for the next update, i'll be keeping an eye on this game ;)
That's phenomenal feedback, thank you so much! I seriously can use all the feedback I can get.

And I'm glad you dig it! :D

Simply ran out of HP hitting the spikes. I got this from itch.io yesterday. Not sure if this is a factor but i'm playing on Linux using wine.
I don't think so... but that bug makes a worrying amount of sense.

Looking good =)
Thank you!!

TenPennyfingers Do you have a set of planned tags already?
I don't yet, no!

How to change resolution or go full screen (Windows 10)? I can't see the bottom of the window it generates. It's just a wrapped HTML5 game, so I'd much prefer the raw JS/HTML and just run in chrome fullscreen (F11).
Nothing in that current version, though it should be a non-issue for the next update. Sorry about that!

Above average polish and combat, but there's a fair amount of jank. There's some really nice flow to sections, until a gap isn't calibrated quite right, or an enemy/obstacle you have no good way to react to shows up. The moon swings in particular are frustratingly finnicky. It would annoy me less if it wasn't so close to being good.

The boss was the most underwhelming part. I have some sympathy though, because more traditional methods of making it better would mean expanding the combat mechanics a bunch. However, something like creating a larger level around the boss where it chases you around on the grind rails that were just introduced as you lead it into environmental hazards to make it vulnerable would be a pretty cool way to jazz it up without changing the core mechanics.

As an aside, the "password" is really easy to manipulate. It's just a base64-encoded array. Pop it in a decoder and you can set flags as you want and give yourself a bunch of gold. I dunno if the dev cares, but I'd laugh if they tried to sell cheats like some other devs do.
Nah, I get it's super easy to futz around with, no reason to hide secrets in something that can be decoded on, like, a calculator.

That said, despite understandable criticisms, I'm really glad you dug it! :)

This game looks interesting, what is the plot of this game?
A young woman becomes stuck inside her mind, and it appears she's taken a number of people from the real world in with her! She's enlisted the aid of the Dreamcutter, a mysterious, potentially sapient scythe who seems to have ulterior motives to giving our protagonist, Haley, more power than she's ever wielded before. Intrigue ensues!

I'm a writer at heart and I'm excited to tell more of the story, but the first chapter is *very* gameplay oriented. I'll probably give more story in subsequent updates!

VenerableKat

Jul 2, 2017
The levels could use some furnishing. Other than that, pretty good game. If you remove the h-related stuff, it might even sell well on steam.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The levels could use some furnishing. Other than that, pretty good game. If you remove the h-related stuff, it might even sell well on steam.
You can keep the H-Content and sell it on Steam. Hell, it could get a Switch port because Nintendo is cool.

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes