Mod Dreams of Desire Ep 12: Gallery Unlocker and Bugfixes Mod [v5.2] [bas]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

brimdonicus

Aug 2, 2017
so i just downloaded it on pc, put in the mods and this is what i got

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/Character_Portrait_hover.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/Character_Portrait_hover.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1839, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 180, in render
    surf = renpy.display.render.render(trans, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 353, in render
    return render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 661, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 444, in render
    renders = [ render(i, renwidth, renheight, st, at) for i in children ]
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 724, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1138, in render
    back = render(style.background, bw, bh, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Hydra\Desktop\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-103-pc\DreamsOfDesireEP12-ELITE-1.0.3-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/Character_Portrait_hover.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.2.3333
Dreams of Desire EP12 ELITE-1.0.3
Wed Oct 10 14:55:55 2018

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
so i just downloaded it on pc, put in the mods and this is what i got
You gotta make sure to extract all the files in the mod using the folders in the zip file. The images in the mod zip are not where they should be. There's a folder in the zip file called game. Make sure that gets merged with your game folder.

Reactions: brimdonicus

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Does this mod work on Mac os ? I am not able to launch it with it - keeps crashing
Yes, it does. Unzip it elsewhere, then copy the files to the appropriate locations. Start with <app>/Contents/Resources/autorun/game .

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
@bossapplesauce, I came back to this game with your mod today to run through some other paths (for the sake of completeness, of course :) ), and playing around in the endings gallery I get a missing image message. It plays the Alice is in the order ending until the alice blowjob starts and one of the images is missing "bad end 18".

I have your mod on top of the full version of Ep12 Elite 1.03 and rather than unpacking the images myself to see if it is incorrectly named, I was hoping you might still have the game in a format where you can look into this and give me a line to add to your .rpy file to do the redirect correctly if the file is misnamed.

TIA

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@bossapplesauce, I came back to this game with your mod today to run through some other paths (for the sake of completeness, of course :) ), and playing around in the endings gallery I get a missing image message. It plays the Alice is in the order ending until the alice blowjob starts and one of the images is missing "bad end 18".

I have your mod on top of the full version of Ep12 Elite 1.03 and rather than unpacking the images myself to see if it is incorrectly named, I was hoping you might still have the game in a format where you can look into this and give me a line to add to your .rpy file to do the redirect correctly if the file is misnamed.

TIA
Yeah, they just didn't include a file for that image. *sigh*

If you want to keep it from erroring out, add this line to the label "after_load" somewhere aligned with the other lines in that block:

Code:
image bad end 18 = "/images/EP12/bad end 18 a.jpg"

Reactions: Regardie

Lawyerd13

Dec 9, 2018
Any information on how to be able to type into the Aby tablet password? Playing Mac version 12 elite (latest/final update) and can't proceed past that. I feel I need it in order to advance but I can't actually type anything. Any help would be great.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Any information on how to be able to type into the Aby tablet password? Playing Mac version 12 elite (latest/final update) and can't proceed past that. I feel I need it in order to advance but I can't actually type anything. Any help would be great.
I had no trouble typing it in. The password is only numbers; are you trying to type letters?

Aidenhomeboy

Sep 11, 2017
i downloaded the file on the first page and as i understand its the files that you need to replace in the mod right? but there is no mod itself, i dont see a "game" folder when i unzip it, and if i do try to ad/replace what i get into the game (be it only those particular bits or the whole "images" "gui" folders) the game doesn't work (crashes), is there something i am missing?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote