Cumknuckles

Oct 10, 2018
There's a reason games like Heathstone can get away with a lot. Presentation is important. And to be fair, for a text-based game your design aesthetics are actually on point. But until you have a derpy animation of your own, you should just get a proper distancing system.
Shouldn't lack of animation or graphics make the way enemies are in a line even more of a non-issue? You can just imagine the one in front just making sure to move in front of you whenever you attack while others mill around vaguely somewhere behind
ie something like this image:
1585519246487.png

Oct 16, 2017
I have no idea what causes this behavior. I've never met this bug and nobody else seems to complain about it. There's also no difference in how the slots work to cause this mess. What browser are you using? Is there any red console errors?(right click->Inspect, select 'Console' tab). It seems the browser somehow messes up your local storage and there's nothing I can do about it. Try .exe version of the game, it should work properly.
The attached image is the error code I receive each time I try loading a save from disk, or from save slots other than 1 and 2.
Then when I restart the game and open the Save menu to load a save, all save slots except fro 1 and 2 are empty, even though they were previously used for saves.
I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome, and also attached is a screenshot of the 'Console' tab.
As for the .exe file, I've already finished the game, so I'll test that out next time I try a version of the game :)

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
The attached image is the error code I receive each time I try loading a save from disk, or from save slots other than 1 and 2.
Then when I restart the game and open the Save menu to load a save, all save slots except fro 1 and 2 are empty, even though they were previously used for saves.
I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome, and also attached is a screenshot of the 'Console' tab.
As for the .exe file, I've already finished the game, so I'll test that out next time I try a version of the game :)
The only thing I can think of is that your browser doesn't give access to the local storage(because it's too full with some other stuff??) You might try clearing your browser data but be aware it will delete any saves you might have in other HTML games you've played in this browser.

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
Shouldn't lack of animation or graphics make the way enemies are in a line even more of a non-issue? You can just imagine the one in front just making sure to move in front of you whenever you attack while others mill around vaguely somewhere behind.
No. Graphics and animations are a very effective way to streamline the player's thoughts and responses in a specific direction, and build immersion. And when they fail at that, they can serve as a source of mockery instead, making memeable material and providing enjoyment that way.

Text-based material has to rely on actual content instead, and unless you already have an image of what it would look like, each one's take is gonna be different. There is a difference between allowing player to construct their own image and requiring a player to construct an image to justify your design decisions.

The funny thing is, the way you visualized it would actually be a valid way to construct it, but you should still make it clear to the player what is going on. And then the code spirits would still be crying out for some enemies to not care about such things, while for others to rely on them, since it would also diversity the enemies and give them flavor.
The advantage of a text-based combat system is that such changes are actually easy to achieve compared to using animations. A change of a couple lines of code to give an enemy a guardian skill as opposed to new artwork et cetera.

Point is, a congo line is an objectively inferior way to do distance if you care about making tactical decisions. Positioning is an easy way to increase tactical complexity, even if it is easy to make it cheese fest if you make it wrong.
To make it clear, I did not write all that because I care so much about positioning. I did however feel that your point was legitimate and deserved a serious response.

btw DryadDev. I assume you noticed I edited my earlier posts shortly after posting them. Not demanding a response, just giving you a heads up.

Reactions: Cumknuckles

Cumknuckles

Oct 10, 2018
There is a difference between allowing player to construct their own image and requiring a player to construct an image to justify your design decisions.
Fair enough.

Point is, a congo line is an objectively inferior way to do distance if you care about making tactical decisions. Positioning is an easy way to increase tactical complexity, even if it is easy to make it cheese fest if you make it wrong.
Hmm, what exactly do you mean with a proper distancing system? Just multiple enemies being able to be at the same distance? Being able move back(or forward) without allies and requiring enemies that want to melee attack to move forward?

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
Fair enough.

Hmm, what exactly do you mean with a proper distancing system? Just multiple enemies being able to be at the same distance? Being able move back(or forward) without allies and requiring enemies that want to melee attack to move forward?
When you're not explicitly in a corridor, it depends, and yes. Range of attack should be calculated from the attacker to defendant, not from midpoint, and I can also see an argument to be able to melee from 2nd row as well if you want to have melee glass cannons as well in your game.

At the end of the day the complexity of the system should be dependent on the content it supports, so for now it's just important to have something that can be added on and won't require explicit rewriting as the game expands.

Leob70

Dec 13, 2017
Huh, I missed this game despite checking yesterday and I have to say it looks really promising although the first thing off that bat that annoyed me was having to fuck the human, maybe in the future it would be nice to avoid certain types of encounters like that because it's ironically the one thing I wanted to avoid (I know it would make things much harder though if you could even refuse it cause there is a situational reason for it but it's annoying that it's unskippable).

I managed to finish the existing content so i'm waiting for the updates eagerly. Maybe i'm stupid but I couldn't seem to find any save/load buttons I was using the .exe version is it not there or am I just blind?

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
I managed to finish the existing content so i'm waiting for the updates eagerly. Maybe i'm stupid but I couldn't seem to find any save/load buttons I was using the .exe version is it not there or am I just blind?
Menu->Saves
maybe in the future it would be nice to avoid certain types of encounters
Yes, you'll have more agency moving on(again, it's almost impossible to account for all players' preferences, the game has already quite bloated with choices but I'll try my best). As for the human part, it was a tutorial(so it's almost impossible to make it skippable) and more than that it is an allusion to folklore. It's a recurring theme in folklore where forest nymphs kidnap men and have their way with them. Those men often are never seen again or return back exhausted or grey-haired. One of the sources of my inspiration is Felurian from The Kingkiller Chronicle. Great series, would recommend to everyone.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018
Thanks, hope to live up to your expectations.
Aight, despite myself I've played a bit of the game. I like what's there, but my only advice would be to build repeatable encounters. Everything that's there in 0.1.0, is, as far as I can tell, one time.

What makes stuff like TiTs, your biggest competion in HTML, so popular is that you can go back and repeat the vast majority of content over and over again. If people can go back and read the erotica they love, they'll come back not just for that, but for what you do in the future. The writing is fantastic (aside from some proof-reading), and you've got a great mechanical base for the rest of the game. Just remember this is primarily erotica, not a game, and that people like to be able to easily re-read what they enjoy, and you've a great project to expand upon.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
Aight, despite myself I've played a bit of the game. I like what's there, but my only advice would be to build repeatable encounters. Everything that's there in 0.1.0, is, as far as I can tell, one time.

What makes stuff like TiTs, your biggest competion in HTML, so popular is that you can go back and repeat the vast majority of content over and over again. If people can go back and read the erotica they love, they'll come back not just for that, but for what you do in the future. The writing is fantastic (aside from some proof-reading), and you've got a great mechanical base for the rest of the game. Just remember this is primarily erotica, not a game, and that people like to be able to easily re-read what they enjoy, and you've a great project to expand upon.
Thanks for feedback. Though I think not everyone likes repeatable content(me, for example.) I honestly don't try to compete with tits. I want to tell a good story with interesting mechanics to enhance the experience while tits is more like a sandbox. Though adding a 'gallery' for the scenes you've been through might prove useful, though it's not top priority right now.

hentaifelf

Mar 26, 2018
values? not to say im a cheater or anything, but I'd love to know how values are stored and whether increasing semen value by 10 also increases by 10 in the actual stored value lmao

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Pretty nice start of the game. I hope you continue it and progress as far as you've envisioned. A sort of small improvement if I may suggest, for when looting people, to allow swapping of items from the right side inventory, not just the central item list when in the loot screen.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Dryad's are hot and your writing is good, no unnecessary cringey memes, definitely keeping an eye on your game.

Michael_57

Mar 13, 2019
Prologue done. Rest unable to do, because Pheromones do NOT recover. I have to admit that I am not a progamer. I'll need to wait for an "easier" mode. I've used Chrome.
I guess I have seen almost everything as I went north in one attempt and east in another attempt.
I did not save, but game offers 2 saves: (1) new game (2) after prologue (after having defeated the deer girl).

I consider a game with text only as something different. I don't condemn it. It is simply one way of doing it. Of course we prefer to see something, but it is not always necessary.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Prologue done. Rest unable to do, because Pheromones do NOT recover. I have to admit that I am not a progamer. I'll need to wait for an "easier" mode. I've used Chrome.
I guess I have seen almost everything as I went north in one attempt and east in another attempt.
I did not save, but game offers 2 saves: (1) new game (2) after prologue (after having defeated the deer girl).

I consider a game with text only as something different. I don't condemn it. It is simply one way of doing it. Of course we prefer to see something, but it is not always necessary.
You gain pheromones when you fight and win. If you seduce enemies instead of fighting they will not give you any pheromones back.

Autus

Jan 17, 2020
Excellent writing, great UI design, in-depth mechanics to explore. Really, really looking forward to seeing this game progress further!

Reactions: Sorter

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
Hi, I created a poll about giving an option that allows changing male encounters in the game into futa. Please give me your opinion.

Michael1957

Nov 8, 2019
You gain pheromones when you fight and win. If you seduce enemies instead of fighting they will not give you any pheromones back.
I seduced AND I got no pheromones back. Once my stock was depleted I was not able to "arouse" anymore. Only "fight" was left and that led to me dying. About halfway around the caves I died. Well I try diffent now.
PS No, cannot do it. I did the circle and died in the room where I looted amber. The western room was not tried because I needed 1 win for reloading the pheromones and I failed.
But prologue is all there is for now.
Well after dying I am send back to a save file called "prologue". Thus I thought that the prologue part 1 ended with defeating the deer girl. Because of your post I now think I got stuck in prologue part 2. Before I thought it to be my first quest.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 35 Votes