Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
0.1.3 is out

This update adds new locations, items, and 2 new encounters.

This is the last content of the current dungeon. In the next update, we'll be finally moving to Dryad Settlement and meet other sisters.

As always, you can play the game online

or download browser-based or windows .exe versions

Old saves should work fine

Nachtmusik

May 1, 2018
Hey there, playing the game on PC, I noticed the massive amount of files, it take awhile to extract because of the update. About 20.6k items, any plan to decrease the size of files in the future?

Last edited:

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
Hey there, playing the game on PC, I noticed the massive amount of files, it take awhile to extract because of the update. About 20.6k items, any plan to decrease the size of files in the future?
oops, I accidentally compressed some of the source code. The desktop version is not my top priority so I don't pay that much mind to it.
I reuploaded it now so it should be fine.

Reactions: Nachtmusik

JohnnyBigHead

Oct 13, 2018
Discovered a strange bug where if I try to load a save when I have more than a single save stored, then it tells me the save is either outdated or corrupted. And also deletes the save I tried to load.

Reactions: Creat_o

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
Discovered a strange bug where if I try to load a save when I have more than a single save stored, then it tells me the save is either outdated or corrupted. And also deletes the save I tried to load.
is that save from 0.1.0? Because those saves are incompatible.

B4dFr3d

Sep 17, 2018
First off the game says to use Chrome, that is a big nope from me. Still it laoded in Firefox, we will see how it plays. With all due respect don't code to a browser, code to w3 standards please.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
First off the game says to use Chrome, that is a big nope from me. Still it laoded in Firefox, we will see how it plays. With all due respect don't code to a browser, code to w3 standards please.
With all due respect it's easy for you to say just do it right 4Head but there are more important things to do and I don't have time/energy to make/test it for other browsers. I already have a browser-based local version, .exe version and website to maintain. Also I'm working on a mobile version that requires to fully rebuild all GUI. Not to mention that the game has to be filled with actual content(lots of it, in fact). And I'm just one dude with a limited amount of time.

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018
Why bother with exe and mobile version, except for self education purpose? Content > lot of platforms, and browser covers almost everything anyway. Btw, setting selenium to test another browser is like 7 lines of config.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

dragonlord217

Feb 4, 2018
Man the writing in this game is great, definitely looking forward to this getting more updates. I’m surprised bestiality isn’t on the list of fetishes, what with the in-game lore about how dryad magic works, the opportunity was practically jumping up and down waving its arms. Ah well, what’s there is certainly enough to warrant interest for more.

lilpixxle

Nov 27, 2018
Why bother with exe and mobile version, except for self education purpose? Content > lot of platforms, and browser covers almost everything anyway. Btw, setting selenium to test another browser is like 7 lines of config.
i'd say why bother with a browser version if your doing an .exe version?

Reactions: BigJohnny

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018
i'd say why bother with a browser version if your doing an .exe version?
Browser version is superior in every way - it is faster to develop (debugger and other tools are integrated in env, easier than c++/c# language), multiplatform by default, easy dependency control, basically sandboxed.

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
I’m surprised bestiality isn’t on the list of fetishes, what with the in-game lore about how dryad magic works
Fun fact, it was in the first iteration of the game but I decided against it in favor of monster-girls. It's easier to set up and write scenes with sapient beings and you pretty much don't lose anything. Another factor, of course, it's much harder to promote bestiality fetish because of one membership platform hmm hmm, let's not point fingers. In any case, I'm not a fan of bestiality so it's not a big deal for me. Though maybe I add something like that in the feature to spice things up but it will not show up in the list of fetishes))

Dryad Quest Dev

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
I like the game, but really really really hate this combat system.
sorry to hear that. You can play on 'bookworm' difficulty to not bother with it much. Why do you dislike it? Is it because of implementation or you just don't like turn-based systems in general?

4.40 star(s) 35 Votes