VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Truckstopcowboy

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
I get where you're coming from with that, but if everyone thought and did the same, then we'd have no AVNs to begin with, except the very few and rare devs that are simply doing this as a hobby and out of passion - a hobby and passion that costs tons of time AND money.
By financially supporting a dev you don't guarantee the project's continued development, but you do help it.

It's such a shame that a few rotten apples who just scam and milk with their projects have created such a bad stigma on the whole profession and now people don't trust any dev. Bad apples ruined it for the rest, rest who'd absolutely deserve the support and need it.
This is the reason I only support games that get released on steam.

american

Apr 24, 2017
Maybe im one of the lonely souls that think different about the game ...

im totally with you guys that it lacks Sex Scenes ... that the Sex Scenes in the game are way too underwhelming and that the Dreams are too long and very very strange

... BUT ... on the otherside ... I would really like the game ... if it would have more "good sides" and more sex in it ... Why? You ask? ... Because the story is pretty real and has real problems and I think the writing is pretty good too ...

its something else then all the "Happy Stories" ... Where everything is fine ... you and your family find out you love each other and fuck ... its another side of the medal ... that ... is more real and maybe also a bit of a turn on ... that not everything is pretty about the world in the game ... not like other games that try to be dark but in the end its only a Soft kind of dark and this ... this is more like a real kind of dark ... and that I like about the game ...

Maybe im alone with that thinking ... but I just wanted to share my thoughts!

Cheers!
Hi it is your thing it is ok but for too many of us it well waste people time and just take money from dev supporters but that said it is your thing then good for everyone different and different taste

Reactions: blademaster89

american

Apr 24, 2017
I get where you're coming from with that, but if everyone thought and did the same, then we'd have no AVNs to begin with, except the very few and rare devs that are simply doing this as a hobby and out of passion - a hobby and passion that costs tons of time AND money.
By financially supporting a dev you don't guarantee the project's continued development, but you do help it.

It's such a shame that a few rotten apples who just scam and milk with their projects have created such a bad stigma on the whole profession and now people don't trust any dev. Bad apples ruined it for the rest, rest who'd absolutely deserve the support and need it.
agree but it is hard to fish them out and by time we do it to late why this is a very differcult topic and way to understand and thank you for try to make sense out of this chaos

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So why this there no android port?
Why? Because the developer never made one. Had made promises - but like many of the promises, never fulfilled.
Before you ask - no, the developer hasn't been active in this thread in years.
There have been unofficial ports, but not for a long while. There's still at least one standing request in the F95 Android Request thread since at least March of this year.

It's ren'py - if you want to play, you can try joiplay on the 5-7GB v1.13.0 or hope you can get joiplay to work on the compressed 300MB version. However, to save you a headache - if you're looking for the mother or the daughter to have sex --- it's been 5.5 years without anything like that for them. And there won't - at least not the kind of sex folks might be looking for, because its listed on Patreon and it would be against TOS if it did.

Reactions: qwrtyxprt

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Maybe im one of the lonely souls that think different about the game ...

im totally with you guys that it lacks Sex Scenes ... that the Sex Scenes in the game are way too underwhelming and that the Dreams are too long and very very strange

... BUT ... on the otherside ... I would really like the game ... if it would have more "good sides" and more sex in it ... Why? You ask? ... Because the story is pretty real and has real problems and I think the writing is pretty good too ...

its something else then all the "Happy Stories" ... Where everything is fine ... you and your family find out you love each other and fuck ... its another side of the medal ... that ... is more real and maybe also a bit of a turn on ... that not everything is pretty about the world in the game ... not like other games that try to be dark but in the end its only a Soft kind of dark and this ... this is more like a real kind of dark ... and that I like about the game ...

Maybe im alone with that thinking ... but I just wanted to share my thoughts!

Cheers!
You just gave words to the feelings I've for this game. Its creator may be a pain but bloody hell, he gave a story that piqued my interest and to this day, I still wait to see updates about the game. The updates are unusual, considering the fact that we are seeing only a few instances/ scenes at a time of both the father and the son's arc after like months of a gap but at the least, we are getting something to understand where the family stands now, instead of a cliffhanger where the son kisses the mother.

I wish for someone who is reliable enough to finish a game, get the story idea, and make a new one from scratch, which will justify its existence and finally give this product some vindication about its potential that its own creator shattered to pieces.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
walkthtough for v 1-13
Any new sex scene?
I wish this game has android port...in future
is there a valid walthrough? thank you
So why this there no android port?
no wt cause no game and due that no android port either, (scamdrop might have (totally doubt it) but not leaked) and since this isn't game there is no sex either.

Reactions: Saluja

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Well, I finally played the new "Dual Family 1" version and my heart is heavy with how much potential is wasted by the circumstances! I have seen the train wreck this game became, it was one of the first I found on F95. Some scenes are really good and wellmade, showing what could be, e.g. the "I love yous" of Dad/Daughter followed by the latest confrontation between Father and Mother in the new update and the daughter´s patience finally snaps and tells her mom where she should stick it, that was definitely well-done.

And we had some equally nice scenes in the older versions, but what led to the current state and the living soap opera this thread is, the long pause in the development cycle (only rather recently DF 1 started to get new updates) and that for now we only have family drama, where the frontlines are drawn (in the main route Father+Daughter against Mother+Son). This game could still be one of the best, if not for how it is developed.
I am rather sure that the various DF2 "games" or art, like e.g. "Esperanza", are what gumdrop wanted to do practically from the start. There are many hints into this directiono over the years, that he wants to do "art games" or dependig on how you see it, "art by an addled mind".
Nevertheless DF1 still has serious potential, but I fear it will not be tapped. If gumdrop would just get to the longawaited dance evening or at least there could be some "first hot action" in the arboretum with Dad/Daughter and at/after the shopping trip of Mom/son. That could bring back fans to the game, showing that Dual Family is not dead, but I would not bet on this happening. But such a move could bring movement into this game again.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If gumdrop would just get to the longawaited dance evening or at least there could be some "first hot action" in the arboretum with Dad/Daughter and at/after the shopping trip of Mom/son. That could bring back fans to the game, showing that Dual Family is not dead, but I would not bet on this happening. But such a move could bring movement into this game again.
That won't happen - not while "DF" is listed on Patreon because of the TOS. I don't know why everyone holds out hope that it will happen. The developer was already suspended at least once for content/title - which is one reason why one scene lost some of its aggressiveness and why the official title is not "Dual Family" but "DF". Both were part of the agreement so that the suspension would be lifted.

We go through the same 15-20 pages of questions, nostalgia-tinted comments, and excuses every time a new release is leaked here. Nothing changes. Everything you talk about "potential" was in the first 6 months of development in 2017 - nothing of substance has been added since 2018, over 4 years.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
df1 potential? maybe but scamdrop won't bring it since he doesn't need to to keep getting money.
If you look over the thread, you will know that I was among gumdrop´s first critics and what he did with development. I was even resposible for a couple fun-making captions about the "super development cycle". But even with all this, I saw that the game, warts, dutch angles and all, has serious potential, which is only tapped at the surface at best. This game could have been one of the winners on F95, but too much has happened for this to came true now. We might, just might, get a good game if developed to the end, but that is very questionable.

That won't happen - not while "DF" is listed on Patreon because of the TOS. I don't know why everyone holds out hope that it will happen. The developer was already suspended at least once for content/title - which is one reason why one scene lost some of its aggressiveness and why the official title is not "Dual Family" but "DF". Both were part of the agreement so that the suspension would be lifted.
We go through the same 15-20 pages of questions, nostalgia-tinted comments, and excuses every time a new release is leaked here. Nothing changes. Everything you talk about "potential" was in the first 6 months of development in 2017 - nothing of substance has been added since 2018, over 4 years.
Yes, DF1 and it´s developer were defintely burnt by Patreon back then, but there are developers who get creative with "director´s cuts" and "special patches", so that can be circumvented. Considering the specific storytelling style employed, even rather tame renders could bring the game to a satisfying conclusion.
I agree that most of DF1´s potential is from the game start, but the scene I described in the post above is one where some of the potential blicked up again. As said, with a "tighter" storytelling (less filler scenes like only 1-2 dream sequences, some interpersonal drama cut or redistributed) and getting onwards toward the main endings, DF1 still has potential to become a good game. Will that happen? One can hope, but I would definitely not bet on it! In this DF is like AWAM, big potential wasted by the developer due to unsustainable development "speed". The reasons might differ, but not the results.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
there might be nice game but that only happens if some1 else than scamdrop remakes df.

Reactions: Turret

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yes, DF1 and it´s developer were defintely burnt by Patreon back then, but there are developers who get creative with "director´s cuts" and "special patches", so that can be circumvented. Considering the specific storytelling style employed, even rather tame renders could bring the game to a satisfying conclusion.

I agree that most of DF1´s potential is from the game start, but the scene I described in the post above is one where some of the potential blicked up again. As said, with a "tighter" storytelling (less filler scenes like only 1-2 dream sequences, some interpersonal drama cut or redistributed) and getting onwards toward the main endings, DF1 still has potential to become a good game. Will that happen? One can hope, but I would definitely not bet on it! In this DF is like AWAM, big potential wasted by the developer due to unsustainable development "speed". The reasons might differ, but not the results.
Except most of the developers you are talking about haven't already had at least one suspension or have, and have already made changes for their agreement with Patreon. The developer of DF cannot have the content discussed and say "whoops, we didn't know" and get away with it. All it would take is one disgruntled subscriber (or just a patreon member) to report them for a violation and the account would probably go into suspension mode while taking a loot at a possible shut down for violating TOS. The developer already made the changes almost 5 years ago which allowed them to keep their Patreon account.

I agree with you that no one should bet on anything previously promised or of similar potential will ever occur with DF. If the developer actually wanted to put a good amount of adult content into the game - they would have done so in the past 4 years. They have not. Past performance a good predictor of future potential.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
that's why scamdrop has his own patreon copy on his site.
Yes, the developer does have their own payment processor on their website - but as long as they are on Patreon, they still can't break TOS. You have to wonder - just how few people use the processor on the website so that the developer must rely on how few Patreon subscribers they have now, compared to in the past. If they had enough on their own website, they could have ditched Patreon a long time ago and given their faithful fans the content that has been promised for 5.5 years. But they don't. ¿Interesante, no?

JoJo385

Feb 17, 2022
It's dangerous to go alone.
Use this (to see all 8437 images in DF v1.13.0).
Just follow directions.

But remember - there are no sex scenes with the mother or the daughter.

Thanks for letting me know friend

why does the creator make a giant game with a hot milf if the prota doesn't fuck her????

DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!!!!!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It was worth noting.

why does the creator make a giant game with a hot milf if the prota doesn't fuck her????

DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!!!!!
Read just 2-4 pages of ANY thread before even considering to download anything from this site. It can save people a shit ton of time, bandwidth, and headaches. There are nearly 1800 posts (900 pages) that discuss this.

For 5.5 years:
  • The developer rarely kept their promises of content.
  • The developer rarely kept their promises of expanded OS operationality.
  • The developer rarely kept their promises of about completely moving away from Patreon.
See more here: #17,909 (earlier in this page)

However, it is also interesting to note that the mother character has never even had break up sex or make up sex with the father character. The daughter never has sex with any one in DF. Seems strange, doesn't it - Oh wait, it goes back to the three points I first made in this post.

Reactions: Capt OA
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes