VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
I believes its supposed to be 3 chapters of similar length so 10-12 parts per chapter. we're towards the end of the first chapter.
I'm quite sure he said the other 2 acts would be shorter.

Correct me if I am wrong I remember one of the posts that he said that he would give us next update in 5th - 6th week when the update IX was released. This is the 10th Week.
It's true! He also said on discord that working on the Patreon version (+ Android version) took him an additional two weeks. So if I had to guess, maybe the new version could be available by the end of May/early June.
Can someone share one of his latest Patreon posts (Part X Dev. Update, Website & More!)?

willzo

Aug 17, 2017
Heyo! I've got that update I promised you.
Summarized Timeline

Here’s a quick summary of what’s planned imminently:

• CE Club Nude Pinup Pack II
  • Website Phase I Launch (Progress tracker, posts & info pages)
  • CE Club Nude Pinup Pack III
  • Three more Part X previews
  • Website Phase II Launch (Users & pledge system)
  • Dev updates, previews, pinups & other goodies for all patrons
  • Part X!
Part X: Content

Since around the end of April, Part X has been well underway again. Content-wise, there are a total of 20 story segments across the two campaigns; six of these segments take place at the dance, making it the grand spectacle and focus of the Act I finale. Such is how it should it be, I’m sure you agree.

For the previous part, the increase in choices made progression far more engaging than in previous parts, some of those having only two or three choices per part. I’ll be continuing that trend with extensive story choices, however the pathing won’t be as linear as it was in Part IX.

For the enormous dance segments especially, having a hub-based roaming (similar to Karen’s party in the early S campaign) is a refreshing break from the long railroads of exposition. Again, one isn’t completely replacing the other, but rather it being a combination of both to make the navigating of Part X’s dance feel more open and exploratory.

Part X: Development Time

I’ve answered a few questions in various comment sections about the development time -- in case you missed it, here’s my echoed response of an important question:

“Why do the game updates always take so long?” -Savor

About 90% of development time is spent posing/rendering -- previous parts had around 400-600 images and a few choices per part, taking only about 5 weeks to finish. The most recent installment had ~1700 images and triple the amount of choices/writing, making it drag on for an additional 10 weeks.

For Part X, I’ve purchased several new rendering rigs to hasten development, that way I can still have a large amount of scenes but in a more reasonable time-frame. Patreon dinged me bad early last month unfortunately, burning two weeks on the revisions and another half week on the android build. It cost me a bit more time than I would have liked, but I’ll still be able to crank out Part X without having to work another 12-15 weeks from now, which would be excruciating for all of us.

While any rhyme or reason I provide won’t change the passage of time, I hope you now understand why I’m in the proverbial mine for so long. I want to make sure this release is a well-paced, worthy installment in the story, now more than ever with this being the climactic Act I finale. As always, I’ll be updating you throughout the weeks until release day. Until that fateful day arrives, please enjoy the story previews, nude pinups and other goodies -- all represent my thanks to you for sticking with this story and I.

In case you’re unfamiliar, I’ve been planning to establish a website for some months now. The events regarding Patreon’s requested revisions last month finally incentivised me to make it a priority. While I’m by no means planning exodus from Patreon, I think it’s wise to become more financially independent by diversifying my sources of income, especially with one that gives me complete control of the content posted.

There are two phases the website will launch in. The first is a standard development website, containing Part X progress, posts and game information. The second is the pledging & user system, creating an alternate method if you wish to support the game directly through me. Additionally, I will be offering some extra perks/goodies exclusive to supporters on my site to show my appreciation, along with the latest release as soon as it’s finished, first priority before Patreon/other platforms!

I think that about covers everything -- thanks for bearing through that! If you have any questions, concerns or critique, you can either message me through Patreon or email me (catching up on emails this week!) at dfgumdropgames@gmail.com .

If you’d like to chat on a more frequent/daily basis, hop into the discord and shoot me a message! Here’s the invite below:

Up next is more CE nude pinups -- check out the timeline summary at the top of the post to see what else is planned imminently. In case it wasn’t already implied, I’ll be posting more of these traditional development updates every week -- I realize that the fruity poetic prose of the story previews don’t quite give much insight, beyond the glamour of naked women. ;]

See you soon, friends!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
please snip one of them.. you post twice the same post , making it wayyyy too long

Linger_Dinger

Nov 21, 2017
im surprised you would believe that if he actually said that he would release it in that time span XD

yeah 2 years for blowjob from mommy is way to long for my taste XD
it's not about believing. I never believed in him as he kept missing deadlines. I still think he is lying on that he purchased few rigs just for rendering. it's about he was acting like he will be releasing the part X fast and all and the part IX delayed was one of thing. With is latest update makes me believe it's going to the same thing. The update will release late. For a website, if your earing 9K/Month I would actually hire a developer to make it so it doesn't slow my productivity of the renders. It might be costly short time but for a long time, it will benefit. I have feelings just another excuse for delays. but hey who knows? it just my 2 cents aye.

nsj

May 18, 2018
First post, deleted it, want to keep it shorter.

Finished dad route, found out that after 2 years it seems that this has not gotten anywhere. Daughter is written most of them time as a stone wall or at least it reads that way. Dad has only two emotions, O WOE IS ME I WANT TO KEEP THE FAMILY TOGETHER! I AM AN ASSHOLE! despite my choices! There was hope for character progression at the end, but nope creator does not have the balls for that, by throwing in karen saying. Your wife just passed out drunk.
And that comes to my final point, this story at least from the dad side is not about a dad and his daughter being the mcs, it's about the dad and Karen being the mcs, so the game lost the plot there.

This is a bad game failing both on the erotic front and on the visual novel front.

And that is my 2 cent and frustrated venting opinion.

Reactions: supermanz95

lynxace07

Apr 4, 2018
Upon reading the comments here on this game. I'm now thinking on canceling my pledge for this developer. I though all of his update is real and just realize upon reading other opinion.. I'm giving him till this month if theres no release or next month i guess no have choice. This game is the highest pledge i make as i love the story. I even give up 3 creator for this. I hope this patch for X have already a s** scene with mom or sister

T

TMWSTW

Upon reading the comments here on this game. I'm now thinking on canceling my pledge for this developer. I though all of his update is real and just realize upon reading other opinion.. I'm giving him till this month if theres no release or next month i guess no have choice. This game is the highest pledge i make as i love the story. I even give up 3 creator for this. I hope this patch for X have already a s** scene with mom or sister
He's making over 3x his max goal on Patreon. I'd say drop him, catch all the newest releases on here.
I'm sure that you're not making anywhere near $10,000 a month. He'll survive.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes