VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
WOW ! those last few post heavy shiet ! relax guys ! u dont remember the Aorrta ? :LOL:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
are you a fan ? or a misunderstood soul? why do you even bother to protect him? or even more why u even bother to write on this if everything ppl say get.s to you to a point that you FEEL is your MORAL right to answer? are some kind of fangay boy ? nobody gives a crap about ur political correctness or actually about anything u actually say so pls dont patronize the ppl ... ur nobody to do that ..
Don't worry, you will reach adulthood one day too.

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
His animator got a patreon page with pricing of services/jobs. You can always contact him to get some foundation for your claims right? When you accuse people it help have some evidence. Let us know how that goes.
i know i know , I've been to his page and he makes awesome animation, some of his were not to my taste but the quality is pretty good. GD said he hired him in his last post(discord). then wtf was he doing the whole last year ? searching for animators ? dude even if he use Internet explorer as his default browser i dont think it will take this much time to search.
its just that , that animator dude will get loads of message asking for how far the DF update going? he may regret later HA HA

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
i know i know , I've been to his page and he makes awesome animation, some of his were not to my taste but the quality is pretty good. GD said he hired him in his last post(discord). then wtf was he doing the whole last year ? searching for animators ? dude even if he use Internet explorer as his default browser i dont think it will take this much time to search.
its just that , that animator dude will get loads of message asking for how far the DF update going? he may regret later HA HA
I'm pretty sure the animator in question will work on a graduate pay (per animation) basis. Not contracted for entire job and paid when done. Because that would be foolish. This animator and sample of animation was in the xmas release of GD too though.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
are you a fan ? or a misunderstood soul? why do you even bother to protect him? or even more why u even bother to write on this if everything ppl say get.s to you to a point that you FEEL is your MORAL right to answer? are some kind of fangay boy ? nobody gives a crap about ur political correctness or actually about anything u actually say so pls dont patronize the ppl ... ur nobody to do that ..
Did you not pay attention? When you unlock all the puzzles, there is a special credits scene, right at the end:

To my muse and the love of my life, Joshua. You will always be my inspiration.
Forever yours
Gumdropz

• Haha
Reactions: u z i and Blayo

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
looking forward to Kyle blaming his team and using them as an excuse to delay the updates. probably hired them because he ran out of excuses :LOL:
or better yet. once he finishes training them (end of the summer) he will say they are not good enough and he will look for new members for another year and a half.

Reactions: DE=zor and dE_VoYd

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
On the topic of Gumdrop´s new discord message:

My spidersense is tingling! More lies by gumdrop which confirm even stronger what was already guessed: He did zilch last year! There is no possibility he is this late, if he did even a bit after March 2018. Most of his messages, especially those about progress made, are nothing but verbose lies. He told how far he is on writing, rendering,etc., then the new messages show he started writing , rendering, etc. only weeks ago.
Now he supposedly has taken in outsiders, I am sure mainly to shift blame on them since he must be running out of other excuses. I would not be surprised when in a few month time it comes out this Fatcat17 guy had only a short cooperation for the Xmas-special and nothing more, to gain time.
Considering suddenly Vanaduke´s fanart comes out under gumdrops name, without mentioning @Vanaduke, I would not put it past gumdrop to widen out his scam.

@JoshuaTree
Nice try again to turn the words in the mouth. That´s more of enough of an answer to someone who feels morally superior in defending a proven liar. But I am more amused than annoyed, since it gives me the chance to witness Homo gumdropus mendaxis and his cheerleader in their natural habitat.

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
Episode 2 contains:

1709 renders

77 animations

23 songs

23 sound effects

( DrPinkCake did this update in 3 months with less money )

Comparing (Gumdrop more than a year without updates) and (DrPinkCake with a huge update in 3 months).
Draw conclusions ...

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Guys relax Kyle is the da vinci of our time. He is creating a masterpiece for all the peasants to enjoy. Kyle is even composing his own music, might I dare say in a few months he can challenge Mozart. I will gladly wait however long it takes even if only my Grandchildren will be able to play this game.

BubaJ

Jun 9, 2017
play over 20 times always other path son and father and no sex in game :(
There is sex, alto not much of it - especially that the farther the story goes, the more MC is talking. That's not a good thing in this case. Use walkthrough if you're in trouble to get sex scenes.

Reactions: batjoker

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Guys relax Kyle is the da vinci of our time. He is creating a masterpiece for all the peasants to enjoy. Kyle is even composing his own music, might I dare say in a few months he can challenge Mozart. I will gladly wait however long it takes even if only my Grandchildren will be able to play this game.
My GODS I hope you are kidding...

Reactions: Don_Kiwi and Ahjgfg

PitPete

Aug 22, 2017
Wait..still no update and it says "on hold"? And someone is defending this guy?! xD so glad i stopped by to say hi.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Patreon just drop this developer and use your money to funds developers like dr Pinkcake and Phillygames you will get allot more stuff for your money. This asshole developer clearly dont care about releasing anything he will come up with more bullshit excuses and not deliver anything for another year, in the mean time dr Pinkcake and phillygames made so many more games and actually finished porducts before this game ever get a new update.

Reactions: stormyse

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
Episode 2 contains:

1709 renders

77 animations

23 songs

23 sound effects

( DrPinkCake did this update in 3 months with less money )

Comparing (Gumdrop more than a year without updates) and (DrPinkCake with a huge update in 3 months).
Draw conclusions ...
Played it last night. Great episode. I find DrPinkCakes' story telling charming and witty. I don't see it much anymore, but I remember seeing people all goo goo for gumdrops' story telling. I always found it to be nothing more then a bunch of long winded pretentiousness.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
His Discord is a fucking joke at times. The basic line from the usual suspects on there is that nothing you say, even constructive criticism, will make the game come out sooner, so just don't say anything. Anything constructive just gets ignored. Gumdrop is all words and no action as we've come to expect. I've been in discussions with him on multiple occasions regarding public progress updates for DF and he always says he'll work on it but nothing ever happens. His last conversation on the subject with another Discord member basically stated that he won't do it as it would devalue $1 patrons if he did. No thoughts on offering $1 patrons something else to make it possible, just no.

No wonder this game and it'd developer gets slated where ever I see it discussed. Everything about this updates development has left a sour taste in people's mouth. Sad thing is, up until about a month ago I still thought I'd end up paying him to play this update. How deluded was I...
There's zero point going into the Discord. Honestly you're putting in more effort than it's worth because if they haven't changed their minds on Gumdrops by this point they're not going to. They don't even reply to me anymore when I ask questions, lol...

If you do decide to go back to the Gumdrops Void though, tell them The Captain sends his regards.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes