VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Actually it's not a great story as I recall. The mom is an alcoholic which appears to be the source of the marital issues and the catalyst for the breakup of the family. The husband seems to love his wife but also seems to be an enabler who turns to his daughter as a replacement for the wife. That said I was curious to see the events of ch X which never happened.
The daughter isn't a replacement. He's trying to salvage their relationship before he has to leave. Resigned to the fact his wife no longer loves him.

Karen is extremely troubled because of rejection from her father and mistreatment by her mother. Longing for acceptance she slowly falls in love with her uncle who actually cares for her.

I don't remember all the details, but I remember thinking while playing how truly thoughtful the psychological motivations for incest were.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Patreon gets tons of illegitimate transactions a month for lots of patreons, the transactions bounce and the person then rejoins the patreon. And would the government even take that much of a look at a mediocre adult games dev? You'd have a better chance getting him on tax evasion........
You seem to misunderstand this situation and money laundering completely.
1. This isn't personal. Nobody is out to get him. Sure, some patrons are bitter about the lack of updates, but if they understand Patreon's ToS, they have no chance to get back their money. They just resigned.
2. It's not about a "mediocre adult games dev" or "tons of illegitimate transactions". Tracking every single dollar bill is prohibitively expensive, processing results can't be done automatically, and it's difficult to connect transactions to each other, missing a lot of potential fraud in the process. Tracking cashless transactions is effectively free, processing is automated and catches a lot of correlations, meaning it's more effective for much less money.

Using Patreon to launder money is beyond stupid. And not in the "so stupid it's brilliant" way, but in a "top 10 idiot criminals of the decade" way.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Just six days until another set of Kyle's excuses.

The daughter isn't a replacement. He's trying to salvage their relationship before he has to leave. Resigned to the fact his wife no longer loves him.

Karen is extremely troubled because of rejection from her father and mistreatment by her mother. Longing for acceptance she slowly falls in love with her uncle who actually cares for her.

I don't remember all the details, but I remember thinking while playing how truly thoughtful the psychological motivations for incest were.
That's what I remember from the game as well. Too many developers cave in to demands of their "fan base" and deliver early sex instead of any believable buildup.

Gumdrop never actually started off with a sexual game. He stated it clearly by saying that Act I is purely to build relationships, Act II is to build romance and only in Act III there's going to be actual sex. Obviously, waiting for Act II, let alone Act III is hopeless, and I wonder how people will react to there being no sex between primary characters in Part X (when it was never promised).

I theorized that Kyle went through a divorce himself and the game family is a reflection of his own. I've no idea if he had a daughter he wanted to fuck, or if maybe he already did go too far and the game was his justification for incest.

If a messy divorce is in his past, if he understood that he wasn't faultless in all of it, and especially if he reconciled with his wife, it's possible that he doesn't have any intention of finishing the game, but wants to keep the free money flowing in.

VivelaFrance

May 3, 2018
I check in on this game like every 6 months and it hasn't moved an inch. Ive got a lot of sympathy for slow creators. There are a lot of ways projects can fail, lack of time, money, or technical issues or even writers block or fam issues. But this is ridiculous. Its always been fully funded in ways that would make other creators jealous, the way foward in the story is clear and easy and technically its at the very low end of what you can do with this software, not even a challenge for old computers. Im more interesting in what they hey is going on now than the game itself.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I check in on this game like every 6 months and it hasn't moved an inch. Ive got a lot of sympathy for slow creators. There are a lot of ways projects can fail, lack of time, money, or technical issues or even writers block or fam issues. But this is ridiculous. Its always been fully funded in ways that would make other creators jealous, the way foward in the story is clear and easy and technically its at the very low end of what you can do with this software, not even a challenge for old computers. Im more interesting in what they hey is going on now than the game itself.
Every update came out quite regularly: every month. When he skipped a month, the update came out at the beginning of the next month. Every update was more or less as long as the previous one. Every update was more or less the same.

Therefore, there was never any fucking damn reason for any delay.

This Gumdrop Guy NEVER told that he was going to pause the game development. NEVER. So, Act I part 10 should have come out 3-4 months after the last update, at worst.

It DIDN'T. Why?

My guess: because there is no Act I part 10. The Dude stopped working on it more than 2 years ago, at least. Otherwise the new update should have come out more than 2 years ago. 2 years ago.

So, please, let's stop talking about this f-u-c-k-i-n-g damn game.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019
Every update came out quite regularly: every month. When he skipped a month, the update came out at the beginning of the next month. Every update was more or less as long as the previous one. Every update was more or less the same.

Therefore, there was never any fucking damn reason for any delay.

This Gumdrop Guy NEVER told that he was going to pause the game development. NEVER. So, Act I part 10 should have come out 3-4 months after the last update, at worst.

It DIDN'T. Why?

My guess: because there is no Act I part 10. The Dude stopped working on it more than 2 years ago, at least. Otherwise the new update should have come out more than 2 years ago. 2 years ago.

So, please, let's stop talking about this f-u-c-k-i-n-g damn game.
Good that people here are finally coming around. I'm one of the only ones saying exactly this over 1 year ago. All people had to do was to face the evidence instead of trusting randoms with new accounts telling "this time is for realz" in perpetuity or telling you that "he is just milking": https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851 . There is no game, there is no milking. This was totally abandoned in 2018. It only exists as a part time scam. It's also very likely that the original person doing the renders is no longer active at all, since the quality of the "previews", when not straight up recycled, is extremely poor (no assets, no backgrounds, no scenes, no complex lighting, nothing).

Last edited:
Reactions: fz and Sage Slave

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
We will see an update tomorrow? Or the date. Thats whats Gumdrop telling in his discord today.
It would be a MAJOR surprise if "Condrop" would really update the game tomorrow! Like all the "oldtimers" in the thread I would really like a continuation of DF, but I think tomorrow we will see the next assinine excuse of the dev who became the poster child for all scammers in adult game development.
That said, we should hope the best and expect the worst!

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Seriously, people? Fingers crossed? Hoping for an update?

He announced his last "big date" on March 23rd and it was supposed to be May 23rd. In May he admitted he's lazy and has not completed the game.
Then it was coming Summer 2020. In the summer, he pushed back the date to 22nd of September, which is technically the last day of summer, so still fine.

He had two months (March-May) in which he would have completed the game if he had worked on it, because he had done it in the past. Since May, he had four months to complete the game, or six months in total.

During that time, he literally posted zero images that could be considered new.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Seriously, people? Fingers crossed? Hoping for an update?

He announced his last "big date" on March 23rd and it was supposed to be May 23rd. In May he admitted he's lazy and has not completed the game.
Then it was coming Summer 2020. In the summer, he pushed back the date to 22nd of September, which is technically the last day of summer, so still fine.

He had two months (March-May) in which he would have completed the game if he had worked on it, because he had done it in the past. Since May, he had four months to complete the game, or six months in total.

During that time, he literally posted zero images that could be considered new.
Once again, it wasn't supposed to be May 23rd 2020: IT WAS supposed to be May 2019!!

he's postponing dates he announced himself since spring 2018!!

TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN , guys

For crying out loud, please stop arguing over it.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It would be a MAJOR surprise if "Condrop" would really update the game tomorrow! Like all the "oldtimers" in the thread I would really like a continuation of DF, but I think tomorrow we will see the next assinine excuse of the dev who became the poster child for all scammers in adult game development.
That said, we should hope the best and expect the worst!
Are you sure anybody cares?

In the last 2 years and a half we've seen many many games far better than DF here on F95. Far better.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Once again, it wasn't supposed to be May 23rd 2020: IT WAS supposed to be May 2019!!

he's postponing dates he announced himself since spring 2018!!

TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN , guys

For crying out loud, please stop arguing over it.
Ahem.
I said:
I specifically said it was his last big date, not his first one, second one or 5433rd one. He said it was supposed to be different this time. The only different thing that time is that he said he's lazy. Between March and May, he didn't post a single new picture (new as in actually new, not something rendered in 2017, rotated and cropped). After admitting he's lazy, he gave himself another four months and in those four months, which are about to pass, he didn't post a single new picture, either.

I don't even believe him when he says he's lazy. Right now, it seems obvious that he just doesn't care, but won't openly admit it because he wants the money. He might think of his fanbase as idiots and retards. He might be in a relationship and his significant other told him to abandon that game, but pretend he's still working on it so that he makes money.

Right now everything's possible.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes