VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Angora Kitty

Sep 20, 2018
It's the same answer as it was 7 hours ago near the top of this same page #17,883 - No.
The reason is - there is nothing to "walk through" here. The mother doesn't have sex. The daughter doesn't have sex. There has been no meaningful content added for 4+ years.
Who needs everytime new sexscenes, when its so interesting how the familydrama is going on? :ROFLMAO:
I didnt knew before, that Father was related with Sister in Law, before he married Mother - her sister! So I can understand Sister in Law better, when she actes like a horny teenager against Father! :D

giantsquidboy

Oct 2, 2018
Who needs everytime new sexscenes, when its so interesting how the familydrama is going on? :ROFLMAO:
I didnt knew before, that Father was related with Sister in Law, before he married Mother - her sister! So I can understand Sister in Law better, when she actes like a horny teenager against Father! :D
mc wife is related to karens mom, mc use to go out with mc wife sister when he was teen, but fell in love with her older sister, which hurt wife sister, shes trying to get her bf back. in father storyline in df it heading into conclusion that somthing going to happen after the dance. and mc daughter now turned agianst her own mother. before the argument by the stairs mc daughter says love u comfessing her true feelings. so the daughter did witness her mom in bed with the son. that wasnt a dream. the living room thing wasnt a dream. daughter now only cares and loves her dad. she didnt get corrupt. she stood her ground said no to her mother, sided with the father. even if there no scenes yet it is heading that way that sexual relationship going to start after the dance. not sure about the niece, dont know how that going to fit in

Reactions: Angora Kitty

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
That won't happen - not while "DF" is listed on Patreon because of the TOS. I don't know why everyone holds out hope that it will happen. The developer was already suspended at least once for content/title - which is one reason why one scene lost some of its aggressiveness and why the official title is not "Dual Family" but "DF". Both were part of the agreement so that the suspension would be lifted.

We go through the same 15-20 pages of questions, nostalgia-tinted comments, and excuses every time a new release is leaked here. Nothing changes. Everything you talk about "potential" was in the first 6 months of development in 2017 - nothing of substance has been added since 2018, over 4 years.
Patreon isn't really the issue.
Most dev's offer a patch to unlock the not so allowed content from their game all the time.
So it seems that the dev never planned sex in the first place.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Patreon isn't really the issue.
Most dev's offer a patch to unlock the not so allowed content from their game all the time.
So it seems that the dev never planned sex in the first place.
devs don't offer patch.

well og version there was some dreamscene or real with daughter but it was just close up pic and nothing happened.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
devs don't offer patch.

well og version there was some dreamscene or real with daughter but it was just close up pic and nothing happened.
I honestly don't know. To me it would be obvious for a dev to release one version as Patreon friendly but offer a patch outside Patreon to unlock the content.

In any case, there isn't much to see in the game which really is a shame. I had high hopes that something would happen. I am not 5 years here and before VN's weren't really on my radar. But since i enjoy some games, most not really. I downloaded it for reasons like most here. Incest. sadly that is still in the womb or somewhere else.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
To me it would be obvious for a dev to release one version as Patreon friendly but offer a patch outside Patreon to unlock the content.
Devs can't offer official patches for their games to get around Patreon TOS (i.e. an incest patch) if they are promoting any version of their game on Patreon. That would still be a violation of TOS.

Unofficial patches made by "someone else" allow devs to have "plausible deniability". This is the same "plausible deniability" that developers allow Patreon to have when developers do not promote their games on Patreon which violate TOS (such as how there is nothing about "Dating My Daughter" on Mr. Dot's Patreon).

Developers can also make all relationship settings the choice of the player - again, offering "plausible deniability" for developer and Patreon, alike - such as the Name Your Friends settings in DF. Which goes to your earlier point: since that setting is available for DF and the developer still has yet - after 5.5 years - to include significant sex content for the mother and daughter characters in DF, that should be a huge red flag for fans.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Devs can't offer official patches for their games to get around Patreon TOS (i.e. an incest patch) if they are promoting any version of their game on Patreon. That would still be a violation of TOS.

Unofficial patches made by "someone else" allow devs to have "plausible deniability". This is the same "plausible deniability" that developers allow Patreon to have when developers do not promote their games on Patreon which violate TOS (such as how there is nothing about "Dating My Daughter" on Mr. Dot's Patreon).

Developers can also make all relationship settings the choice of the player - again, offering "plausible deniability" for developer and Patreon, alike - such as the Name Your Friends settings in DF. Which goes to your earlier point: since that setting is available for DF and the developer still has yet - after 5.5 years - to include significant sex content for the mother and daughter characters in DF, that should be a huge red flag for fans.
Well, i am not sure why devs go through all the trouble and are unable to write the story they want.
I rather would put it on itch. I know, money. But if you think about it, would rather make a game you have intended or something just to be compliant with Patreon because of the donations.

I think i never understood that really because in my mind i want to make a game i desire without cuffs around my arms. But of course i would do it because i want to and not because i want money.
I just picture what this game could have been a long time ago.

Just my thoughts of course. But i am getting a little tired of games that are ultra slow burn which reminds me of another big title.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes