Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
The rule is when it gets marked abandoned.
I'm not even sure if there are rules for it being unmarked, but it's probably not when someone says he's working on it again.
Unless, I assume, he/she tells it here, and tells someone able to un-mark it.
The dev themselves is saying they're working on it unless you're trying to imply someone else produced a whole bunch of renders, an explanation for the lack of progress, and plans for the future than hacked their patreon to post them.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I've seen a thread where the dev came to this site, and told in the thread of their game that they would continue to work on it, and while I haven't checked in a while, I seem to remember nothing changed for at least half a year - so I assume no one who could actually change tags was messaged.
The dev saying they are working on it on their own patreon seems very unlikely to result in a tag change here.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
I've seen a thread where the dev came to this site, and told in the thread of their game that they would continue to work on it, and while I haven't checked in a while, I seem to remember nothing changed for at least half a year - so I assume no one who could actually change tags was messaged.
The dev saying they are working on it on their own patreon seems very unlikely to result in a tag change here.
Given other titles had their abandoned tag removed for the same reason I'd say you're wrong. Someone just has to take the time to inform the mods otherwise it will likely remain til a new version is actually posted.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
That is literally what I wrote.
" so I assume no one who could actually change tags was messaged. "
You implied it had to be the dev. Anyone can inform the mods that work is ongoing as long as there is reasonable evidence to prove it. Multiple patreon posts by the dev is typically enough reasonable evidence.

It's worth noting Kivik has made multiple additional Patreon posts this month covering a variety of things including the fact that the game is being rebooted so it's unlikely the abandoned tag will be removed but that a new thread will be made for the rebooted game.

Last edited:

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
The following was copied from Kivik's Patreon page:

The Good News
I think I've honed into the core mechanics of the game. I can actually visualise how it plays now.
For the heists / missions - I knew I wanted to go 'card' type mechanics.
Having not played any deck building cards before (besides a few rounds of Gwent in Witcher 3, and a few rounds of Adventure Time a few years ago), my main concern is of course creating something really rubbish. On the other hand, I feel that my lack of experience may actually make me less influenced by specific mechanics of existing deck building games, so here's hoping that it'd be something at least fun to do.
I know h-game by nature typically isn't about the game mechanics, but ultimately I want to build a game that can stand on its own without the adult content, so that the gameplay don't become a 'chore'.
To give a broad view of what the mechanics will be like: you have missions where you'll essentially have to play several rounds of card games against the AI. The 'board' will be formed into multiple regions where you assign your characters - and you'll have to 'play your cards' in those regions each round to beat the AI and get the loot. Your agents have their own modifiers that influence how well the actions will pan out, they'll also have equipment to tweak or even add modifiers.

Other areas of the game will borrow from card mechanics as well, including interactions with characters, sexual encounters, and most importantly the mind control elements - they'll be different than the heist mechanics obviously, but have the same principle mechanic behind them.

I've also come across an inspiration of how to go about the narrative part of the game, from the most unlikely game. I'm not a visual novel fan, so it's an area another that I've been stressed about a lot - but Hades, a roguelite Greek mythology game - has a really cool way of progressing the narrative whilst giving a somewhat unique experience for each player.
Instead of dialogue trees, I guess it's more a dialogue cloud / hat, and you learn more about the characters based on your actions in the game - which was something I was gonna tap in to anyway. So it's really nice to see how well Hades does it, and I'll be shamelessly borrowing and tweaking it to fit into my game.
The Bad News
So I'm stuck away from my house at the moment. I've got my laptop that I was able to use to remote onto my PC - until the hard drive died. The hard drive containing all my assets (not that big an issue as I can reinstall them) AND my project files for all the renders. I don't know if I'll be able to recover the data yet until I'm able to get home - which may not be for another few months due to the UK lockdown.
So right now, I have absolutely no idea whether I can rescue my files and do further renders with the characters I've painstakingly built over months...
I blame the GPU and CPU scalpers partly - because I was going to do a full PC upgrade including the HDDs - but the scalpers bought everything up so I was just waiting and waiting and waiting. I thought I'd backed up my project files in the clouds - but I changed my folder setup at some point due to it killing my internet - so they're just not online at all...
So right now, I don't know what's going to happen in the coming months. Hopefully I can get home soon and assess the situation, but until travel restrictions are leaved, I'm stuck at my family's house for now.
Immediate plans
In the coming weeks I'll be refining the mechanics and really fleshing them out, knowing the 'broad specifics' now. I've also been building character relationship charts and backstories, so it's not like nothing's been happening.
Fingers crossed this is the year....
kivik
The Good News
I think I've honed into the core mechanics of the game. I can actually visualise how it plays now.
For the heists / missions - I knew I wanted to go 'card' type mechanics.
Having not played any deck building cards before (besides a few rounds of Gwent in Witcher 3, and a few rounds of Adventure Time a few years ago), my main concern is of course creating something really rubbish. On the other hand, I feel that my lack of experience may actually make me less influenced by specific mechanics of existing deck building games, so here's hoping that it'd be something at least fun to do.
I know h-game by nature typically isn't about the game mechanics, but ultimately I want to build a game that can stand on its own without the adult content, so that the gameplay don't become a 'chore'.
To give a broad view of what the mechanics will be like: you have missions where you'll essentially have to play several rounds of card games against the AI. The 'board' will be formed into multiple regions where you assign your characters - and you'll have to 'play your cards' in those regions each round to beat the AI and get the loot. Your agents have their own modifiers that influence how well the actions will pan out, they'll also have equipment to tweak or even add modifiers.

Other areas of the game will borrow from card mechanics as well, including interactions with characters, sexual encounters, and most importantly the mind control elements - they'll be different than the heist mechanics obviously, but have the same principle mechanic behind them.

I've also come across an inspiration of how to go about the narrative part of the game, from the most unlikely game. I'm not a visual novel fan, so it's an area another that I've been stressed about a lot - but Hades, a roguelite Greek mythology game - has a really cool way of progressing the narrative whilst giving a somewhat unique experience for each player.
Instead of dialogue trees, I guess it's more a dialogue cloud / hat, and you learn more about the characters based on your actions in the game - which was something I was gonna tap in to anyway. So it's really nice to see how well Hades does it, and I'll be shamelessly borrowing and tweaking it to fit into my game.
The Bad News
So I'm stuck away from my house at the moment. I've got my laptop that I was able to use to remote onto my PC - until the hard drive died. The hard drive containing all my assets (not that big an issue as I can reinstall them) AND my project files for all the renders. I don't know if I'll be able to recover the data yet until I'm able to get home - which may not be for another few months due to the UK lockdown.
So right now, I have absolutely no idea whether I can rescue my files and do further renders with the characters I've painstakingly built over months...
I blame the GPU and CPU scalpers partly - because I was going to do a full PC upgrade including the HDDs - but the scalpers bought everything up so I was just waiting and waiting and waiting. I thought I'd backed up my project files in the clouds - but I changed my folder setup at some point due to it killing my internet - so they're just not online at all...
So right now, I don't know what's going to happen in the coming months. Hopefully I can get home soon and assess the situation, but until travel restrictions are leaved, I'm stuck at my family's house for now.
Immediate plans
In the coming weeks I'll be refining the mechanics and really fleshing them out, knowing the 'broad specifics' now. I've also been building character relationship charts and backstories, so it's not like nothing's been happening.
Fingers crossed this is the year....
kivik

Reactions: DiableFripon

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
and most importantly the mind control elements
Oh, so it'll still have mind control elements? I haven't been able to read through all the other posts (and from the lack of answers when I asked, it seems nobody else has either), and my skimming didn't show any signs of whether the new game even had that fetish or not.

Marcibx

May 5, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know that this is old, but does this still apply? Because with the latest available version it did not happen for me.

Btw, I am really sorry that this was abandoned. I really liked finally a game that is not using the traditional trainer formula of influence and manipulation, rather a non-consent/captivity training. There are not many doing this that I know of (some of Pink Tea games or Red Sakura Mansion to some extent) and this started off great.

Sure, the gameplay elements and mechanics needed some polish, but I think it would have been better to work on this more than to move on to another trainer like game (which I am looking forward to play nonetheless). I know that it got repetitive, but I think all it needed is to make the tasks more varied and the programming more complex.

For example, some physical training, restraints, punishments, sensory deprivation, humiliation... A great source of inspiration could be - one of my all time personal favorite comics.

Also, the first programmings could stay and as the player advances in the game (and their followers tolerate more extreme methods) the above mentioned methods could be slowly introduced, so the existing content could still stay. Their programming could go further and further - one could be programmed as a nympho, another as a pain slut and then another for shame/humiliation (like orgasming for triggerwords in humiliating situations).

Btw, what I also liked in this game is that it introduced slave hierarchy with Karen being the (optional) bottom slave. That was great (and, again, only seen in Pink Tea's "Slave Lords of the Galaxy").

So, Kivik, I really hope that I could make you at least consider (at some point) returning to this project, because it was unique and definitely different than the rest.

Last edited:

Marcibx

May 5, 2018
Well I PMed him a week ago, he has yet to read it but he posted an update to patreon behind a paywall so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retro have you ever heard back from kivik? Because they haven't written here anything since then and I would like to get in touch with them.

If kivik is ever reading this -> PM me ;) I got lots of ideas with this and would like to work with you, if you are open for this.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Retro have you ever heard back from kivik? Because they haven't written here anything since then and I would like to get in touch with them.

If kivik is ever reading this -> PM me ;) I got lots of ideas with this and would like to work with you, if you are open for this.
Umm, that post from Retro was two years ago. Kivik doesn't speak much on Patreon or Discord. Every once in a while he pokes his head up, says some, then hunkers down again.

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
So I came back to this thread while searching for games, because I remember I really enjoyed it. I checked everyone's comments and was excited that there would be a continuation, so I checked his patreon and I find this:
1622471165073.png
Which I'm assuming is the dev saying they lost everything or something along those lines... I want to write something else here, but I won't until someone can post the full text.

Edit: You know what, screw it. What I wanted to write is that this sounds like the usual bs apology devs put out after months of promises of content that they either realize they couldn't develop after making said promises, or instead weren't even developing in the first place. Blegh.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
From Patreon:

I've been putting off this update because I really wanted it not to be true, but I have face the facts.
So I got home, I looked at the harddrive, I tried to fix it, and I think it made things worse.
fdisk repair seems to basically destroy stuff when it couldn't fix it, and I've basically lost access to some key folders:
- my project file folders were all gone.
- my documents folder, which I so cleverly moved to an separate drive so that reinstalling OS wouldn't lose me data - it's gone. My photoshop files are all in there, my wife's game saves were also there and she lost 2 years of gameplay data.
- my render output folder is gone, and even though it was synced to the cloud - and it seems that MegaSync detected that the files aren't there anymore, and automatically removed them from the cloud
So I've lost all my graphical assets for the game, permanently. I dreaded the outcome the whole time I was stuck away from home, but now that I've confirmed it, I'm just numb.

So I'm starting afresh. But, there's a silver lining.
I've managed to get my hands on a 3090 GPU last week. I originally wanted the 3080, but if the 3090 is the only card available (I was never going with scalpers), 3090 I would get.
Render time is.... a bit quicker than my 2x 970 to put it lightly. I don't have bench-marking data, but some renders used to take 3 hours, and some of my test renders took about 10 minutes. I have enough VRAM to handle multiple characters in one scene, so I can do that.
I got that card specifically so that I can more quickly render stuff, so you best believe that's what I will be working on soon.

I've had to start afresh with a lot of stuff, and in a way it's good. I had lots of fun rendering a cast of 40+ characters, but I'm going to focus on less (always been the intention) characters. Since I'd always mixed assets to create my characters, I can't really recreate them, so it'll have to be a new characters. I'll miss Nova the most...

To prevent another disaster like this, I'm syncing my project folder to the cloud. I've got a brand new SSD drive where I'll be storing all files. I got fibre internet as well, so that I can actually upload stuff to the cloud without killing my internet.
Everything is basically in place to make sure I can be as productive as possible, at the expense of some of my savings (that 3090 was still inflated in price obviously).

My work situation is getting a bit worse, I'm working overtime to cover for a colleague for the next few weeks. After that I should have more time to work on the game.
I'm going to take small steps, as I know I get burned out very easily. I'll try to give more updates as well, much easier with faster internet! I have a generate idea of what the game actually would play like, so unless something else terrible happens, we should have a prototype in a few months hopefully!

Once again. I'm sorry, I suck, but I'm not giving up, not when you guys are so good to me. You guys are literally the only reason I'm still holding onto this game after all this time, you're the best, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
kivik
I've been putting off this update because I really wanted it not to be true, but I have face the facts.
So I got home, I looked at the harddrive, I tried to fix it, and I think it made things worse.
fdisk repair seems to basically destroy stuff when it couldn't fix it, and I've basically lost access to some key folders:
- my project file folders were all gone.
- my documents folder, which I so cleverly moved to an separate drive so that reinstalling OS wouldn't lose me data - it's gone. My photoshop files are all in there, my wife's game saves were also there and she lost 2 years of gameplay data.
- my render output folder is gone, and even though it was synced to the cloud - and it seems that MegaSync detected that the files aren't there anymore, and automatically removed them from the cloud
So I've lost all my graphical assets for the game, permanently. I dreaded the outcome the whole time I was stuck away from home, but now that I've confirmed it, I'm just numb.

So I'm starting afresh. But, there's a silver lining.
I've managed to get my hands on a 3090 GPU last week. I originally wanted the 3080, but if the 3090 is the only card available (I was never going with scalpers), 3090 I would get.
Render time is.... a bit quicker than my 2x 970 to put it lightly. I don't have bench-marking data, but some renders used to take 3 hours, and some of my test renders took about 10 minutes. I have enough VRAM to handle multiple characters in one scene, so I can do that.
I got that card specifically so that I can more quickly render stuff, so you best believe that's what I will be working on soon.

I've had to start afresh with a lot of stuff, and in a way it's good. I had lots of fun rendering a cast of 40+ characters, but I'm going to focus on less (always been the intention) characters. Since I'd always mixed assets to create my characters, I can't really recreate them, so it'll have to be a new characters. I'll miss Nova the most...

To prevent another disaster like this, I'm syncing my project folder to the cloud. I've got a brand new SSD drive where I'll be storing all files. I got fibre internet as well, so that I can actually upload stuff to the cloud without killing my internet.
Everything is basically in place to make sure I can be as productive as possible, at the expense of some of my savings (that 3090 was still inflated in price obviously).

My work situation is getting a bit worse, I'm working overtime to cover for a colleague for the next few weeks. After that I should have more time to work on the game.
I'm going to take small steps, as I know I get burned out very easily. I'll try to give more updates as well, much easier with faster internet! I have a generate idea of what the game actually would play like, so unless something else terrible happens, we should have a prototype in a few months hopefully!

Once again. I'm sorry, I suck, but I'm not giving up, not when you guys are so good to me. You guys are literally the only reason I'm still holding onto this game after all this time, you're the best, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
kivik

And for sure I'm not the most reliable for a constant Patreon update feed.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Isn't this like the third time this guy "started afresh" on this project?
Second one I know about. First one was because he wanted, now because his backup sucks - although mine aren't better.;)

Reactions: user74518

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I do believe the dev is "somehow" working on it. Yet, I don't believe that we will see the output of his work, whatever form it may have.

Reactions: ShamanLab
4.90 star(s) 7 Votes