HTML Dune – Breeding a Dynasty [v0.2.1] [lmno]

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes

what side content would you like to see *prioritised* for the next major update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lmno

Lisan al Gaib
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I think that would have been enough. Having a character's name appear in tooltip when you mouse over them regardless of what room they are in would help too if that is possible?
Good idea! We can look into it.

Roki1212

Jan 24, 2018
Why? Just why? Self-insert guys are weird.
You know I don't get into what name someone will give themselves. You can always look on the side that someone's name is Paul and he doesn't want to use his name, or it's his brother's name etc.
For some, it adds to the immersion, for you it may be weird and for others it may be nice.
Remember that the truth always lies in between.

Finuee

Gorehound Gal
Game Developer
Sep 14, 2022
You know I don't get into what name someone will give themselves. You can always look on the side that someone's name is Paul and he doesn't want to use his name, or it's his brother's name etc.
For some, it adds to the immersion, for you it may be weird and for others it may be nice.
Remember that the truth always lies in between.
Also, the nice thing about mods is, if someone doesn't like it, they don't need to use it. ;)

So thanks for the mod, it's nice for people to have options. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Roki1212

Roki1212

Jan 24, 2018
Also, the nice thing about mods is, if someone doesn't like it, they don't need to use it. ;)

So thanks for the mod, it's nice for people to have options. :)
I wrote a lot of mods but never published them because I thought they were crap.
So after doing mods to Html/Renpy games and learning Unreal, I started making a game, and it doesn't go well. So, at least for now, I went back to making mods, only this time I finally got over myself and I'm publishing my work.
So you don't even know how happy I am that you appreciate such a simple mod. :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Finuee

Gambit588

Feb 26, 2024
and another game that gives you vague hints and does jack shit to tell you how exactly to advance the story.

RickJencans

Mar 11, 2019
If Leto's prescience really is so detrimental and he knows it, why doesn't he kill himself sooner? Why the thousands of years of oppression?

How come Alia has the memory of her male ancestors?
The great "filter" in the dune universe future seems to be automated machine weapons hunting humans using predictive abilities. As you say, the reason for the oppression is mostly to try and avoid this later future, and perhaps the perverse symmetry here was part of Frank's point about leaders and savior figures, that's an interesting thought. I personally think there's a lot of holes in the Dune universe but the basic idea of the Golden Path makes sense to me, if you allow for the concept of prescience AND factor in that most humans would be technologically defenseless/clueless since only the Ixians seem to have any real knowledge in this area.

Alia doesn't follow a normal process, because she was created as an "abomination", Jessica being pregnant while she undergoes the ritual on Arrakis is a huge taboo for this reason. edit: also wanted to add that Alia is "broken" as a result of this, it's not as if you could replace Paul/Leto with an Abomination and get the same result; Alia eventually goes totally mad and becomes possessed by one of these male memories/personalities, she definitely doesn't have the same utility despite technically having "access" to the male line.

You could poke holes in a lot of places, I think the whole concept of a feudal aristocracy comprised of corporate shareholders (C.H.O.A.M.) makes very little sense as the underlying structure of a space-faring empire even before we start nit-picking the magic system (let's get real, how the heck does the Bene Gesserit, an all female organization comprised of fricking sorceresses, even function day-to-day, let alone for thousands of years?! They'd be in seven different factions by lunchtime!) , but it makes for a few fun books anyway.

Last edited:

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
The great "filter" in the dune universe future seems to be automated machine weapons hunting humans using predictive abilities. As you say, the reason for the oppression is mostly to try and avoid this later future, and perhaps the perverse symmetry here was part of Frank's point about leaders and savior figures, that's an interesting thought. I personally think there's a lot of holes in the Dune universe but the basic idea of the Golden Path makes sense to me, if you allow for the concept of prescience AND factor in that most humans would be technologically defenseless/clueless since only the Ixians seem to have any real knowledge in this area.

Alia doesn't follow a normal process, because she was created as an "abomination", Jessica being pregnant while she undergoes the ritual on Arrakis is a huge taboo for this reason. edit: also wanted to add that Alia is "broken" as a result of this, it's not as if you could replace Paul/Leto with an Abomination and get the same result; Alia eventually goes totally mad and becomes possessed by one of these male memories/personalities, she definitely doesn't have the same utility despite technically having "access" to the male line.

You could poke holes in a lot of places, I think the whole concept of a feudal aristocracy comprised of corporate shareholders (C.H.O.A.M.) makes very little sense as the underlying structure of a space-faring empire even before we start nit-picking the magic system (let's get real, how the heck does the Bene Gesserit, an all female organization comprised of fricking sorceresses, even function day-to-day, let alone for thousands of years?! They'd be in seven different factions by lunchtime!) , but it makes for a few fun books anyway.
I always thought that Frankie knew about the study of Nettie Stevens regarding chromosomes, in essence, it's total logic that a person as Alia could access Male Memories as all males need a X chromosome to exist and is inherit to all descendants without caring sex of them, the thing to question is how the breeding process and the time needed to produce a success was planned in the first place, it would make more sense to design from zero taking as the Navigators as examples but with the Bene Gesserit special care into the whole process.
I would have give him the link of a pirate site to make him see some Dune movie :ROFLMAO:

reynold.biplane

Textwall Jackson
Game Developer
Dec 11, 2018
hmm then maybe I shall wait for the next update to play the full Chapter 2, considering the first part is already out I assume the wait for the next update won't be as long as before?
I can't promise that. There is a LOT still missing. Including new game mechanics that could turn out to be difficult, and will certainly require quite a bit more playtesting than what we had to do before. On the other hand, there's now three of us, so who knows.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
I can't promise that. There is a LOT still missing. Including new game mechanics that could turn out to be difficult, and will certainly require quite a bit more playtesting than what we had to do before. On the other hand, there's now three of us, so who knows.
If IA it's been used to make Art and characters sprites quickly, are you using it too for programming? I know that IA now can't solve everything in life but it picks my curiosity.

Mar 25, 2024
sad to know but it makes sense, I shall play the new update right away then

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes