Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
the dev is tired of Renpy and Unity so he is thinking in making his games in a new engine or make his own engine so both games might be on hold for a long time
This is only halfway true. OK some clarifications might be needed.

First of Disclaimer:
============
I'm not a Patron and also not in anyway related to the dev team, but I have Spoken to Trick and I just read the statement by Ink on the whole deal on Discord. I'm a big fan of LSS, but have not started playing Duo.

Back Ground:
=========
Trick and Ink started to develop games together as Kamo around 2017. Some shit went down between them and they decided to split. LSS is a passion project for Trick with Ink doing the dev. By Ink's own admission, LSS was not his favourite game project, but he never the less worked on it tirelessly.

Why they decided to split is pure speculation that I do not know the details of and that I will not try to explain here. Shit happens.

Future of the Projects:
==============
LSS: Trick decided to take back creative control of the project. Since Ink was the coder on the project, Trick is now looking at redoing the project in a different engine. That is where I picked up on the story as he was looking for developers that could possible give some advice, help out etc. So that project is very much alive at the moment, but it will be a loooong wait until a new version comes out.

Duo: The future of Duo looks less rosy. It seems like Ink is taking over Duo. It looks like Ink wants to go more in the direction of a dating sim or other simulation, then going the VN route. He does want to use his favourite characters in Duo in his new game project, so not all is lost.

Of course I'm also a second hand source, so take everything with a grain of salt. (I have no inside information in what's going on.

TLDR:
LSS will be on hold for a long time due to dev needing to redo game in another engine.
Duo is probably not going back to live as is, but characters might be reworked in a simulation type game.

(For some reason the above does not work as links. Just copy and paste into address bar and it works)

Last edited:

diasragu

Nov 7, 2019
sorry for disturbing. I know the game is abandoned. But I got some question, I can't save 1 time. It any issue effect can't save? Got any people face same issue with me? how to solve it? thanks u

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes