Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Eunoian Yeah I actually like the game, the renders are good, and I like how you can switch between the two protagonists to get both of their angles in the story and all, not a lot of games have that function, if any, so that's real cool. And I actually like playing a PI for a change, you don't have a lot of games where you get to be a Detective or something similar, think this might be just the third one, the best one being Depraved Awakening, where you're also a PI, haha. I haven't played this version too far yet so I don't know if there is any yet, but animated scenes would be great, smooth and realistic animations. And I also noticed that a little bit of proofreading wouldn't hurt, there were some mistakes here and there but nothing too big to fuss about. All in all, I see the potential, I like the game quite a bit :)

Reactions: Eunoian

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@Eerie Entity Yeah, I agree. I think it could be a good one. Lots of potential. The two protagonists I really like, and of course I'm into the PI thing now. I'd like to do a bit of actual detective work too.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Eunoian Yeah it really would be cool if you get to do proper PI work, there is more to the work than just asking people about stuff. A detective game would be real good too. And what I would REALLY like, is if the atmosphere was dangerous and eerie, you know, like a proper noir novel is. DA has it all, danger, creepy atmosphere, great characters, tragedy, choices in investigation that will have an outcome of its own, which is realistic. This game does have potential to be something within those lines too, to be a dark erotic noir crime thriller novel, but it would have to be done differently so that it wouldn't be a knockoff of DA.

I'd be mad if someone tried to copy DA, that game in my book is just about sheer perfection from art to story, you can't top it. But you can make a game similar to it, just don't copy the story or characters :p

But I digress, this game has potential in its own, doesn't have to be like DA to be a good one, I just like the entire atmosphere in DA personally.
This game just need to be proofread, would be great if the scenes would be animated and the save system need to be worked on, right now the saves are based on a time stamp, I'd rather have a save system that has a picture of the scene where you saved, and the possibility to name the save. Other than that, I think the game can go far.

K Ink

Unity is bae
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Thanks everyone for the great feedback and its nice to see people are enjoying our game:)
We obviously take criticism into account as well.

As per a better save system, we already mentioned it both here and on Patreon. We are working on a new one, which is thumbnail based. It's already in development, and will probably be out with V0.2.

Regarding the other game in question, we have been working on Duo (and its framework) for a long while.
With all honestly, we have never came across this game. We don't know if and how similar the game is to our story, but I assure you we have no interest in copying anyone.
There are so many games, it is bound to eventually find some similarities between some. However, I'd be surprised if after reaching the end of V0.1 the story will look similar. That'd be a weird coincidence.

About the game being hard to follow and scenes being hard to unlock, with spoilers to 0.1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@Eerie Entity Yeah and picture and name on saves would help. It also auto-saves if you load right after a save. It gets confusing if you want to go back and check what another option does. You have to remember the time you saved at, or you end up with a list of identical or near-identical looking saves.

I offered to help with proofreading if they need. Maybe it's just me, but I find spelling (like where vs were) and grammatical errors (even sentence structure or word choice) can really pull me out of a game - like snaps me back to reality, if I'm really getting into it. There was even a couple idioms that seemed poorly translated, and I had to double take and re-read.

I don't mind the non-noir aspect of it. Maybe a modern PI story that involved modern technology would suit this one as it is... making use of social media, tracking, or bugging etc. I would 100% like to logically solve a case in one of these PI/detective games. DA is almost there, as the choices do have great effect on the ongoing story, but they still felt like guessing a bit - as in, both options would seem reasonable as opposed to one being more logical/cogent than the other (ex following her or breaking into her apartment to look for clues). Heavy Rain is a game that comes to mind in this regard.

It's hard to say where this one will go at this point, but there is so much room for divergent and intersecting stories with both characters working on the same cases. Some decent characters throughout with various motivations could even create some great tension between the two MCs (especially if the motivations are arguably good or bad depending on the subjective perspective, or even purely agathokakolical).

Reactions: BizeBire

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@hmb We never thought you were copying DA. I just pointed out this game on discord because I thought it might have been slightly inspired by it. They are nothing alike except basically the PI aspect. And they both have great art/models. :)

As for the slight lack of direction in-game... people are going to eventually want a walkthrough for this one, I think. I can imagine it will only get more specific/complicated as the story evolves. Also, a thought: maybe have an option you can turn "on/off" in preferences that gives a little pop-up note (like when the bar opens) signifying it may be a good time to character swap, for those who don't like wasting time trying everything out (save spamming, when you sort that out, will help though too). If that takes away from your future plans for the story, then maybe not. Just a thought as a small thing to implement that could help out.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@hmb Yeah I wasn't saying that you're copying anyone, not at all, in all fairness this does seem fairly unique game in its own, I like it and will definitely keep my eye on coming updates :)

A question though - are there plans to animate the scenes? Great and smooth animations can make all the difference when it comes to the lewd scenes, haha. But it's not a necessity of course, was just wondering if there are plans for animations? :)

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Cool game. Reminds me of Eve: Burst Error a little bit. I do think the message at the end about scenes you missed is a bit misleading, you should let people know it's only a little making out you missed, gotta respect people's time and let them decide if that's worth going back for.

Also, is there anyway you can seperate the autosaves from the manual ones? It gets confusing when you want to load a specific save. Especially in a game with a skip feature and replayability, you'll get a ton of saves that happened in the same minute.

Reactions: Namco15

K Ink

Unity is bae
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
@Eunoian
We would love to get help with proofreading, we both are not native English speakers and aware of that.
Since we have just released the first version today, we are just taking in slow and honestly not prepared for it yet (both in game budget and just general logistics). Also, the first version alone, although may look small, contains over 15K words. Its a tall task to just throw at someone.

@Eerie Entity
Animations are, of course, a milestone we want to achieve. But since we render in 4K, each animation will hold us from rendering for a good few days. Is 4K really worth it? We are not sure, we would like to hear player's opinon on that in the near future.

@ltpika
For saves, we figured it will not be such a huge problem for V0.1 since its not that long. In the new save system, we are completely ditching the multiple auto-save approach, it was a bad idea.
We will only show one latest Autosave and have slots for manual ones.
Since we already know, at this version you are playing, if a save was manual or automatic, you will not lose your previous saves with this change. The only thing that delays this new system is GUI, so this should be changed as soon as V0.2.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
@hmb Thanks, glad to know our saves will be good in the future!

I really like the idea of two protagonists, it would be cool if actions you do as one character tee up opportunities for the other. The Eve series did a lot of this, you could have the female detective give dating advice and then use that in your approach as the male detective. Or encourage bisexuality in a girl as both characters to eventually score a threesome.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@hmb Honestly, the misspellings aren't too bad, and if English isn't your native language, then I'm quite impressed because the English isn't bad, just some small misspellings, misspellings even native English speakers make frequently, so don't feel bad about it at all :)

As for 4k renders, I don't think 4k is necessary nor required, especially if animations are a milestone of yours, 4k isn't necessary for great quality renders.

But yeah, I like the game is it is though, I'll be waiting for future updates :)

P.S. I really like the feature of switching between the two protagonists, that's real cool :)

EDIT: I'd also like to say that even if you want to stay with 4k and use 4k for animations as well, it's okay if it takes longer to create updates, especially if you currently have a small team and/or limited resources. I've always preferred good/high quality over frequent updates, nothing should ever make quality suffer whether it's the story, renders and so on. So on that note, you're doing a good work as it is, keep it up :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@martin Nielsen Just looking at your fan sigs and have to say, you have a good taste in games, those 3 games are some of my favorites too :p

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
Nice game, just the way I like it, lots of paths and different scenarios.

I tried to put the characters in different locations to try to mess with the dialogue, but the game handles it pretty well and everything works great.

Animations are overrated imo, they're often subpar and end up looking very clunky and stiff, I prefer a good set of stills than a wonky animation. But if you can produce quality animations, I think it would be a nice addition even in 720p... And you can always improve later on.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@fsap1 If you look at the renders and animations in Milfy City, those are some of the best animations I've ever seen in this kind of games, they aren't wonky at all and actually they're rather realistic, very smooth. The characters also have natural skins, not the porcelain doll like flawless skins.

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
@fsap1 If you look at the renders and animations in Milfy City, those are some of the best animations I've ever seen in this kind of games, they aren't wonky at all and actually they're rather realistic, very smooth. The characters also have natural skins, not the porcelain doll like flawless skins.
The best looking animations I've seen are actually from Honey Select games or SFM, they often play too fast for my liking, but are incredibly good and smooth.

It's very hard to animate using DAZ since it was not designed for animations even though it does support it, but the interface is terrible and it lacks basic features that makes animating simple things a living hell. The guys from Milfy City do an amazing and labor intensive job.

And I actually like playing a PI for a change, you don't have a lot of games where you get to be a Detective or something similar
You should check out , it's not a detective game per see, but there's some really well done clue gathering/interrogation mechanics.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@Eunoian
We would love to get help with proofreading, we both are not native English speakers and aware of that.
Since we have just released the first version today, we are just taking in slow and honestly not prepared for it yet (both in game budget and just general logistics). Also, the first version alone, although may look small, contains over 15K words. Its a tall task to just throw at someone.
That's fair. I'd still be willing to help out though, even until things get moving along better for you guys. It might be easier to have scripts proofread/edited prior to coding them to save on time/work. Regardless, just know I offered. I have a degree in English Literature and specialized in Creative Writing, so even though I've never proofed a game, I have plenty of experience elsewhere. PM me if ever you decide (or feel better prepared) to take me up on the offer. I wish you the best of luck. I'll be keeping an eye on this project either way, as I am a fan.

Could anyone tell me how can i find all the scenes ? I only found the one with April bj.
Off the top of my head, I remember that instead of referencing her lips, if you reference her breasts, it becomes a full sex scene instead of a bj.

itsFine

Jan 26, 2018
Hey guys I have an error -failed to load mono-
Can anyone help?
Failed to load mono is a general unity error usually means you are missing the "microsoft visual c++ redistributable package". I can't post links, but you should be able to Google it and follow the first result. make sure you download from the Microsoft site and nowhere else.
this is likely the issue if you don't have other unity games on your PC already.

other reasons could be(but unlikely) your path to the game contains none latin characters that unity is having hard time reading or simply the path you extract to is too long.

Reactions: fsap1
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes