3.50 star(s) 95 Votes

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Since the game wont take old saves, I decided to power through with the walkthrough mod, hoping that the problem I had before had been fixed. Sure enough, it wasn't. Even though I refuse the blood when offered, I'm automatically put on the blood path. I haven't tried it with a non modded version, but I'm seriously considering it, if only to find out if it's the mod itself or not. Any fixes would be appreciated.

Edit: Just tried it un modded, I am officially off the blood route. Where can I leave a message to the modder that the walkthrough mod is bugged?

Last edited:

Weipa

Jun 18, 2017
Since the game wont take old saves, I decided to power through with the walkthrough mod, hoping that the problem I had before had been fixed. Sure enough, it wasn't. Even though I refuse the blood when offered, I'm automatically put on the blood path. I haven't tried it with a non modded version, but I'm seriously considering it, if only to find out if it's the mod itself or not. Any fixes would be appreciated.

Edit: Just tried it un modded, I am officially off the blood route. Where can I leave a message to the modder that the walkthrough mod is bugged?
Zoey Raven i think is the mod maker, but if you look in the description of the mod post you should see, its programmed for harem route, for everything else use the pdf walkthrough that is linked in that post, so maybe the refusing of blood is not for harem route?

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Zoey Raven i think is the mod maker, but if you look in the description of the mod post you should see, its programmed for harem route, for everything else use the pdf walkthrough that is linked in that post, so maybe the refusing of blood is not for harem route?
Okay, that makes sense, but if that's the case wouldn't it just highlight the choices in green, like with other choices, instead of giving you the choice and then ignoring it? Just wondering at this point.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Well, well, it seems to me we have quite a few mentally retarded guys here.

How many times must we repeat that you can use your old ep. 1-7 saves?

Even though you don't have old saves you might set preferences and skip the whole text. So use that damn ctrl key.

This whole thread since 0.9 came out:

#xxx0 Dude A: game is bugged. Saves don't work

#xxx1 Dude B (answering A): ep. 8 saves don't work. Just use previous saves.

#xxx2 Dude C: help! my saves don't work!

#xxx3 Dude D (answering C): use ep. 7 saves

#xxx4 Dude E: why my saves don't work. Bummer

#xxx5 Dude F (answering E): ep. 8 saves don't work. Just use ep. 7 saves.

#xxx6 Dude G: this game's shit. Old saves don't work and I don't want to start from scratch

#xxx7 ME: DAMNIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT :mad:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well ... MC is written as a fixer upper of all babes ... he can have fun in many stuations,
but he has to cater to each gurl in particular and bend the knee along with them.

MC putting up some - out of the blue - resistance to gurls charms or powers is not the story here.

I appreciate the effort of our wonderful modders to offer us a way to see all that this game has to offer.
I have to admit, choosing and picking through the story one gurl or another will get us skipping scenes.

At this point, should players need some agency, they can play refusing babes left and right.
Just keep in mind, MC is given the opt out mid game.
If we were to run off, game would be over then and there.

Then again, the story in the Original Post sets the tone:
,, You are a young man that was offered a great opportunity for a new job and you decide to take it

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Well, well, it seems to me we have quite a few mentally retarded guys here.

How many times must we repeat that you can use your old ep. 1-7 saves?

Even though you don't have old saves you might set preferences and skip the whole text. So use that damn ctrl key.
While I'm equally annoyed that nobody does even basic reading to resolve their issues themselves, the fact remains broken saves is a genuine error worth noting & griping about. Surely even minimal testing would have revealed this issue?

Devs just telling users to play the whole game again is bullshit. Don't screw up the code and then the saves won't be broken.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
While I'm equally annoyed that nobody does even basic reading to resolve their issues themselves, the fact remains broken saves is a genuine error worth noting & griping about. Surely even minimal testing would have revealed this issue?

Devs just telling users to play the whole game again is bullshit. Don't screw up the code and then the saves won't be broken.
My point is: why people don't read the thread and use search bar before asking?

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I guess you missed my point.

My point is: read the thread and use search bar before asking.
I guess you failed to read the first line? Pot meet kettle? :LOL:
While I'm equally annoyed that nobody does even basic reading to resolve their issues themselves
I maintain users shouldn't need to research broken saves in the first place tho.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I guess you failed to read the first line? Pot meet kettle? :LOL:

I maintain users shouldn't need to research broken saves in the first place tho.
I'm not arguing over games' development. I'm arguing over people too lazy to read threads.

Anyway, this thread is not supposed to be a quarrel between you and me, you know. So, please don't answer me: I WON'T reply anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Probably, yes. But the same question being asked multiple times, answered multiple times, then asked again is just downright lazy & ignorant by the people asking.
Effectively it equates to:
The answer may be here but I can't be bothered to find it, so I'll just ask the same question that was posted and answered for the 50th time 2 posts above mine.
Doing the same again is absolutely ignorant. These people should have been taught, as children, to open their ears (eyes) before their mouths.
The fact of the matter is quite clear. The "gripe" has been raised many, many times. Raising it yet again is simply annoying repetition, widely known as flogging a dead horse.
It's been raised 50 times already, does the person raising it for the 51st time think that they are special, or that 51 is the magic number??
Guess what? They are not, it is not.
Asking for the 51st time does nothing that the 50th, 49th, 48th, etc. did not already do. (Except for irritating & disrespecting the people who have been kind enough to answer previously.)

Did this happen?
I didn't notice that the dev has told people to "play the whole game again", as per your claim.
Not sure why the "dev" would say that when, as the previous posts clearly show, you do not need to play the whole game again. You merely need to load a save from v0.7, instead of v.08.
0.7 - 0.8, 1/9 episodes doesn't equate to the "whole game", in any way, shape or form?

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Probably, yes. But the same question being asked multiple times, answered multiple times, then asked again is just downright lazy & ignorant by the people asking.
Effectively it equates to:
The answer may be here but I can't be bothered to find it, so I'll just ask the same question that was posted and answered for the 50th time 2 posts above mine.
Doing the same again is absolutely ignorant. These people should have been taught, as children, to open their ears (eyes) before their mouths.
The fact of the matter is quite clear. The "gripe" has been raised many, many times. Raising it yet again is simply annoying repetition, widely known as flogging a dead horse.
It's been raised 50 times already, does the person raising it for the 51st time think that they are special, or that 51 is the magic number??
Guess what? They are not, it is not.
Asking for the 51st time does nothing that the 50th, 49th, 48th, etc. did not already do. (Except for irritating & disrespecting the people who have been kind enough to answer previously.)

Did this happen?
I didn't notice that the dev has told people to "play the whole game again", as per your claim.
Not sure why the "dev" would say that when, as the previous posts clearly show, you do not need to play the whole game again. You merely need to load a save from v0.7, instead of v.08.
0.7 - 0.8, 1/9 episodes doesn't equate to the "whole game", in any way, shape or form?
Of course it does because it is most likely, the player did not save a game for each chapter and is too embarrassed to admit it.

Reactions: whichone

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
for saves: I have save from end of each update so if needs to replay prev. ep no biggie.

ep9: quite good update every ways, new girl was bit surprise but doubt it'll take long until mc bangs her too or her and lemon at same time.

when mc and cora went to pick flowers there was error but luckily ignore worked.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Dusklight Manor Episodes old saves fix

This is a bug fix patch, which resolves a rollback error in Episodes 9-16:

Attempting to load saves from Episode 8, or previous versions of this save fix derived from it, causes a rollback error and the game refuses to start. Fixed by restoring the old script.rpyc.

The error will reoccur with each new release, so it's necessary to update this patch after every release.

This means the updated fix needs to be installed each episode for saves made with previous versions of it to work.

Saves created with this fix are not compatible with the standard game or modded versions.

Note: This fix was not updated for Ep. 14, so saves made with this fix during Ep. 14 won't work. It would be necessary to load a save from Ep. 13 and use skip to replay Ep 14.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Updated for Ep. 16

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The plot thickens I like the new girl Julia was a shame that Lizzie didn't hang around a bit longer. Think the MC needs to invest in some sort of crosses or some vampire protection in his room.

Reactions: Ass-a-Lot
3.50 star(s) 95 Votes