VN Ren'Py Abandoned Dustride [v0.01] [eXtease]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Gameplay-wise, it shouldn't be such a slog this early on. Shuttling between two locations, depending on RNG (I presume) to find quest items, having only one turn a day, doesn't add up to an exciting time. Early game is when you hook the player and get them invested in the process, and this feels more like a barrier than an incentive.

Just for comparison, Desert Stalker may not be the same kind of game, but the setting has similar vibes, and it sells the exciting part first before making you do the grunt work.

Hope that's constructive, good luck with the game.

eXtease

Apr 19, 2021
Gameplay-wise, it shouldn't be such a slog this early on. Shuttling between two locations, depending on RNG (I presume) to find quest items, having only one turn a day, doesn't add up to an exciting time. Early game is when you hook the player and get them invested in the process, and this feels more like a barrier than an incentive.

Just for comparison, Desert Stalker may not be the same kind of game, but the setting has similar vibes, and it sells the exciting part first before making you do the grunt work.

Hope that's constructive, good luck with the game.
Thank you for your input.

Many said to me that the game is too easy and the rewards too fast to get. And to quote one guy "you should have to work for that booty, not get it for free. I don't like games that give you rewards without a challenge".

And those guys had an early build with lower drop rates, higher enemy spawn rates, lower HP recovery after rest, and even the possibility of actually losing the game (and a nice "death - bones in the desert" screen).

In the future I will try to add a "Difficulty" option that will give everyone their desired experience. From "easy" "story-mode" with light challenges to "Die Hard" where you will get a "survival" experience and even a "game over" possibility.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Thank you for your input.

Many said to me that the game is too easy and the rewards too fast to get. And to quote one guy "you should have to work for that booty, not get it for free. I don't like games that give you rewards without a challenge".

And those guys had an early build with lower drop rates, higher enemy spawn rates, lower HP recovery after rest, and even the possibility of actually losing the game (and a nice "death - bones in the desert" screen).

In the future I will try to add a "Difficulty" option that will give everyone their desired experience. From "easy" "story-mode" with light challenges to "Die Hard" where you will get a "survival" experience and even a "game over" possibility.
Yeah, balancing for different tastes can be a pain. Thing is, I wouldn't say it's difficult per se, just that I didn't find enough incentive to jump straightaway into a resource-gathering loop when I barely knew anything about the game. Agree that "you should have to work for that booty," but too much transparency in the mechanics could make it a very obvious 'find the McGuffin, get sex as reward' route, which is also a bit lacking IMO. Ideally the narrative should cushion that design and make it feel more natural. And having a little more worldbuilding prior to that quest would help that narrative a lot.

As for the gameplay, the best-case scenario would be that the resource-gathering and combat are fun and rewarding on their own merit, and the sex is just a bonus. Lot easier said than done, of course. Anyway, these are just suggestions off the top of my head, you'd have a better idea being neck-deep in the development.

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Hello there,

just a little tip to a fellow dev, if you use that hair your cover art girl has, you need to activate the viewport of that hairstyle while rendering.
Otherwise, it won't render completely, and you can somewhat look directly at her scalp.

Good luck with your game.

Cheers,
Morally Purple
I used the same hairstyle, when I started my game. The problem was, if the density is too low, your character might render bald from various angles. :p

Example:
View attachment 1155211

Here's an example I made with higher density and the suggested viewport 3.
View attachment 1155214

And one with longer hair for more "punk" :D
View attachment 1155215

Anyway, this hairstyle was one of the most annoying things I had to deal with.
So I just wanted to let you know, what you might get into. :p

Cheers
Is this the "C1 Spiky Short Hair"?

eXtease

Apr 19, 2021
I used the same hairstyle, when I started my game. The problem was, if the density is too low, your character might render bald from various angles. :p

Example:
View attachment 1155211

Here's an example I made with higher density and the suggested viewport 3.
View attachment 1155214

And one with longer hair for more "punk" :D
View attachment 1155215

Anyway, this hairstyle was one of the most annoying things I had to deal with.
So I just wanted to let you know, what you might get into. :p

Cheers
Just checked and I could not find any "density" morph in the dials. Where should I look for it?

Morally Purple

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Is this the "C1 Spiky Short Hair"?
dForce C1 Spiky Hair for Genesis 3 and 8
Edit: Ah yes, if you just try to find the hair it is called C1 Spiky Short Hair, like you said. ^^
Just checked and I could not find any "density" morph in the dials. Where should I look for it?
Capture.PNG

You can find it under "Simulation-Settings". There are also the viewport and length settings.

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
dForce C1 Spiky Hair for Genesis 3 and 8
Edit: Ah yes, if you just try to find the hair it is called C1 Spiky Short Hair, like you said. ^^

View attachment 1160598

You can find it under "Simulation-Settings". There are also the viewport and length settings.
wow, this helps me as well. I'm using this hair as well, but my viewport was already enabled and I could still see through the hair more than I would like to (not as drastic as in one of your earlier pics tho). But I completly oversaw these density settings. That helped.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.01 APK
Android games updated daily -

Reactions: fokrrk11

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
This was off to a good start, but it looks like it's abandoned.

It's been four months since the last post on Patreon...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This was off to a good start, but it looks like it's abandoned.

It's been four months since the last post on Patreon...
The first clue should have been the big Abandoned tag at the top of the page.

His Patreon page hasn't been updated since August and he has a grand total of 0 Patrons, so this game looks to be dead and buried. It's a shame, but it happens a lot.

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
The first clue should have been the big Abandoned tag at the top of the page.

His Patreon page hasn't been updated since August and he has a grand total of 0 Patrons, so this game looks to be dead and buried. It's a shame, but it happens a lot.
The tag wasn't there yet when I made my post. I'm the one that reported it.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes