4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Lets talk about... personality traits.

View attachment 3614845

As mentioned at the beginning of the game, there are 10 of them in total. They describe your character's personality and are used in dialogs. Depending on your traits, other characters may interact with you differently.

What are the benefits of personality traits?

• New dialog options

• Easier checks

• Additional rewards (sometimes)

There are no bad or good personality traits. They all have pros and cons. Here are a few examples, of possible situations:

• A very Honest character, won't have to look for proof to be believed. But he will suck at lying, so if he needs to trick someone, it's going to be very difficult.

• An Aggressive character is bold, so he can do things that others are afraid of. He may even intimidate people and push his opinion.

• If Aggressive is combined with Cruel even the most stalwart foes will crumble. But at the same time, some people will be so afraid that they will try to avoid such character if possible.

• A diplomatic character can negotiate where others fail or, for example, lower prices in shops.

• A passionate character will be guided by his heart, which may appeal to many... etc.

How to "level up" personality traits?

Simply choose dialogue choices that match the character trait, or make appropriate skill checks. Whenever you see many choice answers in a dialogue, that's probably it.

You can level up three personality traits to level three(max), two more to level two, and the rest will remain no higher than level one.

In the early game you are free to choose from a lot of options, this is done so that you can get the first levels and build up your character. The further the game goes, the more often you will need a trait level or skill check for some answers and dialog options.

How do I know which answer to choose to level up the trait I want?

The idea is that you just pick the option you like best, without thinking too much about personality traits. Isn't it fun to find out where you will end up?

But if you want to maximise a particular trait, there's a bit more detailed description below that might help you better understand which option to choose.

Aggressive - Hot-headed, bold, or impatient.

Benevolent - Charitable, kind, soft, or weak.

Smartass - Sarcastic, sassy, foppish, or irreverent.

Cruel - Merciless, brutal, or imperious.

Diplomatic - Cautious, tame, or courteous.

Shady - Dishonest, manipulative, or shrewd.

Honest - Guileless, sincere, or straightforward.

Passionate - Zealous, romantic, or obsessive.

Rational - Practical, standoffish, or cold.

Stoic - Tight-lipped, cool-headed, or simple-minded.

To sum it up, I hope you will have fun with this system. I wanted to give you the freedom of choice and a sense of kinship with our main character. Intimidate, flatter, use force, joke, flirt, write poetry, dance, find the meaning of life... do whatever you want.
Can We max multiple traits

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
Incredible how much depth this dev is constructing, thats extraordinary and rare. I am enthusiastic ;)
Reminds me of the Pale Carnations traits, but those are locked in at the start of the game. The dev u4ia tried to make a game with lots of traits and character abilities too, but it just didn't seem to work that well in that game.

I like the way it's done here so far, but I don't remember if I've encountered a level check. Will have to keep playing to experiment more.

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
Reminds me of the Pale Carnations traits, but those are locked in at the start of the game. The dev u4ia tried to make a game with lots of traits and character abilities too, but it just didn't seem to work that well in that game.

I like the way it's done here so far, but I don't remember if I've encountered a level check. Will have to keep playing to experiment more.
Nevermind, just interrogated that old man and can you can intimidate him. I thought you needed the trait unlocked first, but seems like you can do it without it.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Nevermind, just interrogated that old man and can you can intimidate him. I thought you needed the trait unlocked first, but seems like you can do it without it.
Sorry, what trait are you talking about? What old man?

KuroJr

Feb 17, 2018
Im missing Leah's scene which i think it is, but idk how to get it i might have missed it thinking its at pool event but idk can someone tell me? thanks

ig no one

Last edited:

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
Sorry, what trait are you talking about? What old man?
There's the option to intimidate an old homeless guy for details about the store robberies. You can select a conversation option with the knuckleduster symbol, which rolls 2 dice like a DnD game. Win the roll and you intimidate him successfully.

So I think that's one of the checks in the game and it looks like you can do it without having the knuckleduster attribute unlocked.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
...So I think that's one of the checks in the game and it looks like you can do it without having the knuckleduster attribute unlocked.
Did you have this attribute unlocked after this decision?
My guess is you will level up your agressiveness with that choice.

Reactions: cumsumnida

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
How can I get the skill about "Pick lock"?
I haven't figured this out either.

On a related note, there's a guy at the Fishing tournament that has the option to steal something from him. However, the option is greyed out and the character says something like "I don't know how to do this".

I solved the quest that involved the 'evening' thief robbing the convenience store and you can learn to steal from this person. But when I chose to learn this, none of the attributes or abilities actually changed.

I was hoping to learn from the thief and use the ability to steal from this other guy, but it doesn't appear to let you.

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
It worked for me. For stealing the key you have to try a second time.
What do you mean by second time? This is what I see when I try to steal from him. You can click on on the top option, but you can't steal from him at all without it.

1715443296550.png

Game is a bit inconsistent with how it presents this information to players, because the lock pick skill is just greyed out when you don't have the skill:
1715443400955.png

Did you get a notification popup when you learn the steal ability from the thief? Which symbol is it? I didn't get any notification.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
What do you mean by second time? This is what I see when I try to steal from him. You can click on on the top option, but you can't steal from him at all without it.

View attachment 3624626

Game is a bit inconsistent with how it presents this information to players, because the lock pick skill is just greyed out when you don't have the skill:
View attachment 3624627

Did you get a notification popup when you learn the steal ability from the thief? Which symbol is it? I didn't get any notification.
To steal, you gain this skill when you ask your classmate to teach you instead of calling the store police.

Reactions: cumsumnida

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
To steal, you gain this skill when you ask your classmate to teach you instead of calling the store police.
Yeah, I mentioned above that's what I did.

But is it meant to unlock one of the symbols for the attributes to show you get the stealing skill ability? Or does it just let you steal from the dude at the Fishing tournament when the option presents itself? It would be good to get confirmation before replaying that part of the game.

xsikal

Jul 13, 2022
Yeah, I mentioned above that's what I did.

But is it meant to unlock one of the symbols for the attributes to show you get the stealing skill ability? Or does it just let you steal from the dude at the Fishing tournament when the option presents itself? It would be good to get confirmation before replaying that part of the game.
As far as I remember, there is no attribute associated with it... it's just the skill. So unlocking it just lets you steal from the dude at the Fishing tournament for now.

Edit: See below. Not an attribute, but instead one of the boxes at the bottom.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 31 Votes