3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I hate Daz Studio.

It's the easiest way to get started in 3d game/graphic modeling but it SUCKS ASS sometimes.

It has taken me 3 hours to get a figure's hand to quit interfering with the shape of the clothing when changing poses.

Three

Fucking

Hours

Anyone who bitches about how long updates takes should have to show proof of skill in Daz and a game engine and no life before they complain.

When ("if" at this point) my game goes live; I'm counting on y'all to viciously attack anyone who bitches about how long it takes me!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I hate Daz Studio.

It's the easiest way to get started in 3d game/graphic modeling but it SUCKS ASS sometimes.

It has taken me 3 hours to get a figure's hand to quit interfering with the shape of the clothing when changing poses.

Three

Fucking

Hours

Anyone who bitches about how long updates takes should have to show proof of skill in Daz and a game engine and no life before they complain.

When ("if" at this point) my game goes live; I'm counting on y'all to viciously attack anyone who bitches about how long it takes me!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WE WILL PARTICULARY TO YOUR WORST ENEMY... yourself!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I hate Daz Studio.

Three

Fucking

Hours

Fat chance man! I bet there will be hordes of morons that will start complaining immediately after your first release, of course all of them without even a mininum knowledge of coding/posing/debugging, but a lot of self esteem about their opinion stated like facts of course.:KEK:
Worry only for yourself and your work, for the rest keeep going and do what you want, not what the other will pretend you to do.
;)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Even though I'll be travelling a lot for the holidays, I did need to take a break. I made a joke about steampunk etc. I got thinking "what would I do for a steampunk story?" :unsure: Why, adapt the best Victorian era stories of all time - "Sherlock Holmes"

Here is a little study for a Holmes-like protagonist and his Watsonian sidekick relaxing before.......(Drumroll)

"A Study of Scarlett"

Library01-03.jpg

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Even though I'll be travelling a lot for the holidays, I did need to take a break. I made a joke about steampunk etc. I got thinking "what would I do for a steampunk story?" :unsure: Why, adapt the best Victorian era stories of all time - "Sherlock Holmes"

Here is a little study for a Holmes-like protagonist and his Watsonian sidekick relaxing before.......(Drumroll)

"A Study of Scarlett"

View attachment 2246462
Not bad, I like it it miss only a smocking jacket (mens and women of a certain level always had them, it was a dress code sorta) and the fire looks a little bit plasticky, but it grasp the atmosphere perfectly, well done. :)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Not bad, I like it it miss only a smocking jacket (mens and women of a certain level always had them, it was a dress code sorta) and the fire looks a little bit plasticky, but it grasp the atmosphere perfectly, well done. :)
I haven't found a good smoking jacket asset (haven't looked very hard to be honest), the fire sucks but it came with the room. I may import a fire from another source. I didn't notice how bad it looked until I rendered it. I need to add better lights to all the candles (long tedious process) because these are weak. I had to add a room light source to even get it to render. If you look reeeeeeeaaaly close on the table next to "Holmes" you will see a bottle and syringe though ;).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I haven't found a good smoking jacket asset (haven't looked very hard to be honest), the fire sucks but it came with the room. I may import a fire from another source. I didn't notice how bad it looked until I rendered it. I need to add better lights to all the candles (long tedious process) because these are weak. I had to add a room light source to even get it to render. If you look reeeeeeeaaaly close on the table next to "Holmes" you will see a bottle and syringe though ;).
Yep, I loved that detail a lot.:giggle::giggle:
The fire honestly was the strange detail ( but hey for something did just to recreate an atmosphere is not that important, I know you can correct it), so no biggie about it.
For the jacket I don't even know if there's an asset that specific, I mean a smocking jacket probably is available an historically accurate one is another thing, so even if you will find it witonehout too much hassle good if not, well better to look for other things first, this being just a try it works good enough as is, I noticed because I'm both a Sherlock Holmes and a Victorian era passionate. :)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
and now only missing the trophy of WS head hung above the chimney:sneaky:
pfuuu they all hate me, but they all had my dick in their arses!
like they are intolerant to others mistakes and obtuse to their own
i remember that dinner all of them going at each others throats and unforgiving
until i spoke the truth, everyone makes mistakes including everyone at the table
they all looked pissed off and i just told them i knew their mistakes because i was that mistake
besides it would most likely be my dick not my head over the fireplace!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: matschbirne

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
and now only missing the trophy of WS head hung above the chimney:sneaky:
pfuuu they all hate me, but they all had my dick in their arses!
like they are intolerant to others mistakes and obtuse to their own
i remember that dinner all of them going at each others throats and unforgiving
until i spoke the truth, everyone makes mistakes including everyone at the table
they all looked pissed off and i just told them i knew their mistakes because i was that mistake
besides it would most likely be my dick not my head over the fireplace!
Better?
GroupPhoto01-02W.jpg

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I will be out of town for a while so no work on any graphics. I'll be working on script and story.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Good Solstice, Happy Saturnalia.....Whatever you celebrate.
To tide you over here's a Christmas card from Santa Hog and some of his elves from the upcoming games.

SantaHogAndElves01-01.jpg

(No, they're not all elf girls. They're Santa's elves)

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
wonderful christmas card,HogRocket

and also really great how you are working on graphics and renders so far,
i hope it goes smoothly with the story,
i know from experience how difficult something like this can be.

as Dylan741 said,just worry about yourself and your work,
don't care about others,you are really doing great!!

and happy holidays to you too:):)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I will be out of town for a while so no work on any graphics. I'll be working on script and story.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Good Solstice, Happy Saturnalia.....Whatever you celebrate.
To tide you over here's a Christmas card from Santa Hog and some of his elves from the upcoming games.

View attachment 2251707

may you have a satisfying Thule!

• Red Heart
Reactions: HogRocket

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

View attachment 2251707

Thank you for the card, love it and wish you a good holiday Hog. :)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
you know that furry news about you impregnating your sister in a furry convention was a joke...
or i assumed it was but now i am beginning to have my doubts about you...
but at least Nami makes sense now... your foxy sister... you dog...
and yes those are the furry i imagine you both as...
so if you have a daughter she will be named doxy or if its a boy fog or if its a transgender a foxog

but now i know i am being stupid,
you have been showing it all along...
your name is Hog... you pig!

Last edited: