3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Dang! I just looked and I forgot the ears on 3, 4, and 5.

If someone can find a quadruple facepalm meme, let me know :rolleyes:

Things weren't going the way I wanted when trying to show them all together, so I had to make 7 different files with 3 hairstyles each so something had to fall through the cracks I guess. :cry:

Just imagine them with elf ears:oops:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I'm gonna tell Nova you said that!

Pfft, sorry - not an option. I don't have enough redheads in the game as it is.

Craaaaaaaaaap, I used my non-elf version of her for the pics.
View attachment 2208422

#4 isn't actually wearing any makeup (or rather I didn't put any on her) that's the base model, it may come with more eye definition that the others, I hadn't really checked. Some of them come naturally with a blush look on the cheeks and others don't.
Ah!Ah! Nono, but if you want put the blame on me I will take responsability for that, no problems... For Nova I will take this and even more!! :D :ROFLMAO:
Jokes apart it wasn't because she reminded me of her though, far from it.
Iliked the combination of the 4th girl face plus the short hairs, a tomboyish female elf is not so common and honestly I find it very interesting especially for a forest one.
I don't know why, maybe I'm influenced by Tolkien view on them, he described them as more wild and "aliens" of all the elvish races, and a tomboyish (tsundere maybe?) female elf is very intriguing imho.:giggle:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Ok support group, it's your time to shine. 7 girls with 3 hairstyles. Tell me two girls and one hairstyle. Depending on my own vote (which is 51% of the total :LOL:) You might get your girl but not your hairstyle or vice-versa in the end. Made some gifs that show different expressions, not just the base asset blank stare. All eyes are the same but that may change in the final model. Ignore the marks on the forehead where the hair doesn't fit properly, I didn't take the time to optimize every model.

Warning: this is a large-ish file. When you load it you can click to zoom in and scroll around to look at the girls.
View attachment 2208315

Expression GIFs.
Girl 1 View attachment 2208317
Girl 2 View attachment 2208318
Girl 3 View attachment 2208319
Girl 4 View attachment 2208320
Girl 5 View attachment 2208321
Girl 6 View attachment 2208322
Girl 7 View attachment 2208323
they are all the same i can not spot a diference!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
People who say Devs are lazy and should turn content out faster and are milking Patreon etc. just need to be shot. This is NOT easy. I was going to start doing low-res renders to use as place holders to start the Ren'Py portion of this disaster trainwreck adventure and now for some reason one of my scenes that is one of the largest files I have and would be extremely difficult to replicate won't render properly. I get all kinds of strange shadows, improper lighting and textures in the floor etc. Something has gotten corrupted or something. I have restarted the computer and everything.

To put this scene in perspective, it is the very first scene and starts the MC on his path and gives major background on why the story happens later.

fuck-fuck-off.gif

I have three choices:

1) Go back to an earlier version of this file that caused my computer to crash every time I did a render without having just restarted and try and re-extract a workable version.(This is what I did to get this version) - most dangerous, least chance of success.

2) Keep the internal assets (people and props) and completely start the scene over and have to redo all the layouts, lights and cameras; probably with significant changes to keep this from happening again. - longest, most frustrating, probably add delay to the release, but highest chance of success.

3) Scrap the project.

4) Start drinking.

Notice I said "3 choices" and there's 4 numbers? That's because, at least for tonight the answer is "start drinking"

NapalmStrike.gif 8XGK.gif Homer Minigun.gif
Nuke.gif

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
One other option - and the one I'll probably take......after the hangover wears off - is to moderately rewrite the scene and put it in an entirely different setting (using different scene and prop assets) using the same characters. Won't be quite what I wanted but we'll see what happens. It will still cause a delay, but might be "safer" :(

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
People who say Devs are lazy and should turn content out faster and are milking Patreon etc. just need to be shot. This is NOT easy. I was going to start doing low-res renders to use as place holders to start the Ren'Py portion of this disaster trainwreck adventure and now for some reason one of my scenes that is one of the largest files I have and would be extremely difficult to replicate won't render properly. I get all kinds of strange shadows, improper lighting and textures in the floor etc. Something has gotten corrupted or something. I have restarted the computer and everything.

To put this scene in perspective, it is the very first scene and starts the MC on his path and gives major background on why the story happens later.

View attachment 2211654

I have three choices:

1) Go back to an earlier version of this file that caused my computer to crash every time I did a render without having just restarted and try and re-extract a workable version.(This is what I did to get this version) - most dangerous, least chance of success.

2) Keep the internal assets (people and props) and completely start the scene over and have to redo all the layouts, lights and cameras; probably with significant changes to keep this from happening again. - longest, most frustrating, probably add delay to the release, but highest chance of success.

3) Scrap the project.

4) Start drinking.

Notice I said "3 choices" and there's 4 numbers? That's because, at least for tonight the answer is "start drinking"

View attachment 2211658 View attachment 2211659 View attachment 2211661
View attachment 2211674
OPTION 4, MAKE IT A DREAM
OR A NIGHTMARE!

so its the MC remembering shit from his part and the wierd shit just represent the unissiness of the caracther adressing such issues!

if its nightmarish make it a nightmare, if its dream like make it dreamlike and if its weird and uncanny valley make it a thriller/terror scene!

just have the MC wake up all sweaty and shit!

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Life sucks. Lots of overcast, rainy weather this week. Shitty attitude. Gonna put the "happy(ish), sexy, romance, lighter" game aside for a few days (have hit a rut in that one scene rework anyway) and going to go back to my original game idea (which is darker) and work on it some to break the stale mate and make use of dark thoughts.

Daaaaaaaannng! I just looked back through this thread. I forgot how much crap I had experimented with and posted early on for the first idea. Some good, some bad, some I may switch to this game 1......

ok, shit; this is getting as bad as "Star Wars" where movies 1-3 are episode 4-6 and movies 4-6 are episode 1-3...from now on it's "light game" and "dark game" until I finalize titles..

aaaaanyway, since I'm going to look at Dark Game again and sort through the mountain of early stuff I did, here is a proof of concept of a render that will be in the game in some form to give you more of an idea where my head is on this one....
RainyStreet03.png

Reactions: matschbirne

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Life sucks. Lots of overcast, rainy weather this week. Shitty attitude. Gonna put the "happy(ish), sexy, romance, lighter" game aside for a few days (have hit a rut in that one scene rework anyway) and going to go back to my original game idea (which is darker) and work on it some to break the stale mate and make use of dark thoughts.

Daaaaaaaannng! I just looked back through this thread. I forgot how much crap I had experimented with and posted early on for the first idea. Some good, some bad, some I may switch to this game 1......

ok, shit; this is getting as bad as "Star Wars" where movies 1-3 are episode 4-6 and movies 4-6 are episode 1-3...from now on it's "light game" and "dark game" until I finalize titles..

aaaaanyway, since I'm going to look at Dark Game again and sort through the mountain of early stuff I did, here is a proof of concept of a render that will be in the game in some form to give you more of an idea where my head is on this one....
View attachment 2229725
why not both? some dark some light some comedic and some sexy...
although not sure how you are going to make it sexy without a sexy girl with facial scars...
but that is a you problem!

Reactions: matschbirne

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

View attachment 2229725
This looks quite interesting.
To answer your stalemate, why not something more simple as a first game? I mean just to test your ability to create something, put out a simple story and see how it goes from the point of view of rendering, coding and in the meantime continue writing down ideas.
If you wait to have everything perfectly planned you risk to be prisoner of the perfectionist syndrome and be in even worse creative block, imho. :)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
This looks quite interesting.
To answer your stalemate, why not something more simple as a first game? I mean just to test your ability to create something, put out a simple story and see how it goes from the point of view of rendering, coding and in the meantime continue writing down ideas.
If you wait to have everything perfectly planned you risk to be prisoner of the perfectionist syndrome and be in even worse creative block, imho. :)
I am doing something simpler for my first game, but nothing is truly simple :ROFLMAO: Plus I'm still learning as I go which adds time and complexity to everything. The story is simple (but fabulous!) but the software (and hardware to be honest) is fighting me.

My simple first game is what I'm taking a break from and reworking some of my deeper game now that I know more. I'm not really a perfectionist, but I'm definitely an "it can't suck" person.....and my definition of "suck" is a little exacting....that's different, no, really! It is! I promise! (mostly because it's going to be FAR from perfect :ROFLMAO:)

I can see why some Devs work on two games at once. Part of my problem is I want to tell a story, not just show some lewds. I also hate game and VN's that have one picture and pages of text. If I was going to read a book, I would have read a book.

Some of it is having to rework that one, semi-pivotal, scene that blew up on me Daz-wise. It's frustrating to have already told the story, and now having to find a different way to tell it that can be rendered, I feel like I'm running in place. I'd be starting coding and fine tuning scenes to prepare for rendering if it wasn't for that.

The biggest thing right now is that its hard to write/model/layout "happy and uplifting" when what you're feeling is "angry/depressed/irritable" :LOL:. The weather here is sucking bad and I'm prone to Seasonal Affective Disorder, as well as clinical depression and basically being a naturally grumpy person. One civic organization I volunteer with made me a name tag that listed me as "generally grumpy jack of all trades" for my position :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I am doing something simpler for my first game, but nothing is truly simple :ROFLMAO: Plus I'm still learning as I go which adds time and complexity to everything. The story is simple (but fabulous!) but the software (and hardware to be honest) is fighting me.

My simple first game is what I'm taking a break from and reworking some of my deeper game now that I know more. I'm not really a perfectionist, but I'm definitely an "it can't suck" person.....and my definition of "suck" is a little exacting....that's different, no, really! It is! I promise! (mostly because it's going to be FAR from perfect :ROFLMAO:)

I can see why some Devs work on two games at once. Part of my problem is I want to tell a story, not just show some lewds. I also hate game and VN's that have one picture and pages of text. If I was going to read a book, I would have read a book.

Some of it is having to rework that one, semi-pivotal, scene that blew up on me Daz-wise. It's frustrating to have already told the story, and now having to find a different way to tell it that can be rendered, I feel like I'm running in place. I'd be starting coding and fine tuning scenes to prepare for rendering if it wasn't for that.

The biggest thing right now is that its hard to write/model/layout "happy and uplifting" when what you're feeling is "angry/depressed/irritable" :LOL:. The weather here is sucking bad and I'm prone to Seasonal Affective Disorder, as well as clinical depression and basically being a naturally grumpy person. One civic organization I volunteer with made me a name tag that listed me as "generally grumpy jack of all trades" for my position :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ah!Ah! I can understand you, as a modeller the most irritating thing it can happen is, create a template, then go on sculpting the master almost arriving at the finishing touches... just to discover that all that work was useless because the finished prototype is not even half as good as I pictured it in my mind!:eek::mad::censored:
And that's why I sculpt two to three things at the same time, it give me a break and peace of mind when I'm stuck on one doing something else.
And yeah, the most simple story can be the most deceiving and hard to create, since it must be appealing and well written since the beginning and flow as good as possible.
Best of luck and I wish you will find the best possible solution!:giggle:(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ah!Ah! I can understand you, as a modeller the most irritating thing it can happen is, create a template, then go on sculpting the master almost arriving at the finishing touches... just to discover that all that work was useless because the finished prototype is not even half as good as I pictured it in my mind!:eek::mad::censored:
And that's why I sculpt two to three things at the same time, it give me a break and peace of mind when I'm stuck on one doing something else.
And yeah, the most simple story can be the most deceiving and hard to create, since it must be appealing and well written since the beginning and flow as good as possible.
Best of luck and I wish you will find the best possible solution!:giggle:(y)
Yeah, I had been working on several scenes or characters at once so I could jump around a little. Being stuck on this one is what's bugging me. Especially since I was starting to do low-res "placeholder" renders to start looking at the flow and coding.....and then - plowed straight into a wall. Derailed.

I got looking at some of the original game's files and they're only from June or July. I looked at them and thought " I know so much more now, how can that only have been 6 months ago?" :ROFLMAO: . I only started with Daz in April.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Yeah, I had been working on several scenes or characters at once so I could jump around a little. Being stuck on this one is what's bugging me. Especially since I was starting to do low-res "placeholder" renders to start looking at the flow and coding.....and then - plowed straight into a wall. Derailed.

I got looking at some of the original game's files and they're only from June or July. I looked at them and thought " I know so much more now, how can that only have been 6 months ago?" :ROFLMAO: . I only started with Daz in April.
Dang! 8 months and you are able to get those renders?!? You're already way better than many other "Pro" I've seen man!;);)(y)
And yeah that's something that get me all the times, despite all the sculpting I always find new tricks or a way to cut the time of working and get better results, it's a never ending learning process.:cool:
And being stuck it's normal, I made mine a thing I learned from one of my old teacher, there are times when you get stuck on something and no matter what you do you can't go past it, unless you take a step back, forget it for a while and by forget I literally mean let what is buggin you go out of your mind, at least for a day and come back to it with fresh eyes.
It was the best advice ever, it always worked for me sometimes is better to let go and try to work on something else, especially if it's something that's bugging you, 9 times of ten it's a thing you make more bigger than it really is, mind can play very dirty tricks on you.:)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Dang! 8 months and you are able to get those renders?!? You're already way better than many other "Pro" I've seen man!;);)(y)
And yeah that's something that get me all the times, despite all the sculpting I always find new tricks or a way to cut the time of working and get better results, it's a never ending learning process.:cool:
And being stuck it's normal, I made mine a thing I learned from one of my old teacher, there are times when you get stuck on something and no matter what you do you can't go past it, unless you take a step back, forget it for a while and by forget I literally mean let what is buggin you go out of your mind, at least for a day and come back to it with fresh eyes.
It was the best advice ever, it always worked for me sometimes is better to let go and try to work on something else, especially if it's something that's bugging you, 9 times of ten it's a thing you make more bigger than it really is, mind can play very dirty tricks on you.:)
Yeah, I've kind of obsessively binge-learned Daz. :ROFLMAO:
One thing that helps is I used to do lots of photography, with actual film not digital. I had my own darkroom and everything. This helps with an understanding of lighting and composition. I also come from a CAD background in engineering, of course that drives me crazy about Daz also; I can't mate surfaces together and set parameters like Solidworks will :LOL::LOL: I have to just move things until they look like they're on the surface of something....the inaccuracy drives me crazy.