3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
i could agree with you but then we would both be wrong

you are so far behind that you think you are 1st, you are so getting lapped!

the wheel is spinning but your hamster is dead...

you got 2 brain cells and they are fighting for 3rd place

its almost like if you are as sharp as a marble!

gota pick one for my next slinging tournament!

Sep 3, 2020
i could agree with you but then we would both be wrong

you are so far behind that you think you are 1st, you are so getting lapped!

the wheel is spinning but your hamster is dead...

you got 2 brain cells and they are fighting for 3rd place

its almost like if you are as sharp as a marble!

gota pick one for my next slinging tournament!
sniffle you know sometimes you could be hurtful for no good reason bro

that's it you push me for the last time I'm going to do it I'm going to tell

mommmmm

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but now that I'm actually assembling it - it's even harder than I thought. As I match up renders to dialog I realize I need more renders to show parts of the dialog, or the renders I have don't fit what I eventually wrote, or the dialog sucks when you see it acted out.

People who bitch about "lazy devs" and long development times should be beaten with chains.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but now that I'm actually assembling it - it's even harder than I thought. As I match up renders to dialog I realize I need more renders to show parts of the dialog, or the renders I have don't fit what I eventually wrote, or the dialog sucks when you see it acted out.

People who bitch about "lazy devs" and long development times should be beaten with chains.
Can't wait to see your work, best of luck man! :giggle: (y)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

can not wait to see your shitty work!
because your 1st work will always be shitty!

one of the architecture noble prize winners (portugal as quite a few i may add) used 80% of his accumulated wealth after 30 years of hard work to buy out a factory and office buildings to tear them down... those were his 1st works ever done and he hated them!

So do not sweat it too much no matter how hard you work your 1st projects will always suck and you will look back at them and cringe as hard as you can... its called growing up, so give it your best shoot knowing it will suck!

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
my renders would probably go faster if I wasn't playing "Star Wars, The Old Replublic" at the same time to pass the time while rendering :unsure:; probably slows down the graphics card a bit

:LOL::LOL:
(I am typing some dialog and playing with Ren'Py as well though)
In the 4 days since I posted this, I have learned a lot about my process flow ( or lack of one ) in getting renders done for a scene and the dialog in the scene. I have a very inefficient system, or rather "no system". I'm not going to change how I do things (even though it's a bad system) until I get the prologue released. If I tried to change to a more efficient system now it would ultimately take longer than just bulldozing forward with my shitty system. "Chapter One" and forward will have a better, more logical, workflow now that I know what the true end-game, "putting it all together" means. I may redo some of these prologue renders at a future date, but only to make better quality, it will not be a "redo" or "reboot" just a "fine polish" so no need to replay from start at a later date.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
In the 4 days since I posted this, I have learned a lot about my process flow ( or lack of one ) in getting renders done for a scene and the dialog in the scene. I have a very inefficient system, or rather "no system". I'm not going to change how I do things (even though it's a bad system) until I get the prologue released. If I tried to change to a more efficient system now it would ultimately take longer than just bulldozing forward with my shitty system. "Chapter One" and forward will have a better, more logical, workflow now that I know what the true end-game, "putting it all together" means. I may redo some of these prologue renders at a future date, but only to make better quality, it will not be a "redo" or "reboot" just a "fine polish" so no need to replay from start at a later date.
Cool, can't wait! :) (y)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I have this playing in the background as I'm working on renders. ;)

Just don't hate me when it turns out awful :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ah!Ah! I don't think it will be that way, from what you showed so far it's rather interesting.
Anyway it's your first work so don't feel too pressured in doing it, just have fun!;) (y)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Damn! Developing a game is frustrating as shit! It would help if I knew what I was doing, had a $15,000 rendering computer and multiple computers to be doing 3 things at once.

It seems like I have to redo every render 2-3 times because something doesn't work right or I notice a screw up after it's rendered

I can see why so many devs give up after while, especially when the entitled whiners start.

I'm going to beat this shit, but it will be tough getting it out by the end of February, especially since I'll be out of town for a week in Feb.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Damn! Developing a game is frustrating as shit! It would help if I knew what I was doing, had a $15,000 rendering computer and multiple computers to be doing 3 things at once.

It seems like I have to redo every render 2-3 times because something doesn't work right or I notice a screw up after it's rendered

I can see why so many devs give up after while, especially when the entitled whiners start.

I'm going to beat this shit, but it will be tough getting it out by the end of February, especially since I'll be out of town for a week in Feb.
can you crop the images to remove the imperfections? perhaps some stuff can be salvageable!
or create a picasso kind of vn... just say its your style instead of admitting your drug and alcohol abuse makes your hand tremble and that the reason why you paint cubes is your style and not how fucked up your eyes are...

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
can you crop the images to remove the imperfections? perhaps some stuff can be salvageable!
or create a picasso kind of vn... just say its your style instead of admitting your drug and alcohol abuse makes your hand tremble and that the reason why you paint cubes is your style and not how fucked up your eyes are...
I decided to try watercolor, cubism, and "Predator vision" for a picture of our hero as a youth having dinner with his Aunt

WaterColor01.png
Cubism01.png
Predator.png

but I think I'll keep the original, even though the floor doesn't match the wood plank floor in other pictures because I forgot ONE FREAKING CHECKBOX when doing this render.

McSit10-01.png

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I decided to try watercolor, cubism, and "Predator vision" for a picture of our hero as a youth having dinner with his Aunt

View attachment 2339802
View attachment 2339804
View attachment 2339818

but I think I'll keep the original, even though the floor doesn't match the wood plank floor in other pictures because I forgot ONE FREAKING CHECKBOX when doing this render.

View attachment 2339826
The "realism" render is pretty good ; aside from the floor and the "grey" mood (who might be intentional, depending on the mood of the VN) I see no real problem

Reactions: HogRocket