3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I decided to try watercolor, cubism, and "Predator vision" for a picture of our hero as a youth having dinner with his Aunt

View attachment 2339802
View attachment 2339804
View attachment 2339818

but I think I'll keep the original, even though the floor doesn't match the wood plank floor in other pictures because I forgot ONE FREAKING CHECKBOX when doing this render.

View attachment 2339826
Looking pretty good though.
And yeah I feel your frustration that's why I never pick on devs for being late, I've seen one friend of mine working on creating a series of renders for his works and how he constantly needed to correct an infinite amount of details, keep up and don't overexert yourself. :) (y)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Looking pretty good though.
And yeah I feel your frustration that's why I never pick on devs for being late, I've seen one friend of mine working on creating a series of renders for his works and how he constantly needed to correct an infinite amount of details, keep up and don't overexert yourself. :) (y)
I will give all the faithful here a "render error that I'm not going back and rerender" spoiler so you'll know already when people start bitching - any view of the MC sitting at the table from the side; his butt is off the seat. In the "textured" view you work with in Daz, it's really hard to tell that and I didn't notice until I had made too many renders to go back and fix it. He's just going to levitate. Hey, it's the prologue anyway - you'll never see that room again.

Plus that way when Chapter One comes out people can comment "wow, big improvement in the renders" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At some point I'll go back and fix that, but not now.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I will give all the faithful here a "render error that I'm not going back and rerender" spoiler so you'll know already when people start bitching - any view of the MC sitting at the table from the side; his butt is off the seat. In the "textured" view you work with in Daz, it's really hard to tell that and I didn't notice until I had made too many renders to go back and fix it. He's just going to levitate. Hey, it's the prologue anyway - you'll never see that room again.

Plus that way when Chapter One comes out people can comment "wow, big improvement in the renders" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

why? just own your mistakes and use them as learning lessons!
give the little people something to aim for if you ever grow big!
anyone that checks the current ocean renders is like
"better quit now, no way i can ever get that good!"
and then you check the 1st renders of Summer
when she was a young adult during the blowjob scene and go like
"wtf was this done by a 5 year old? i can do better!"

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

I agree 100% with Warscared here, who gives a flying fuck of those who will bitch without even know how much work you put in it?
And I will certainly not, I never tried to work with Daz, but I use Sketchup to create the scenes for my illustrations and I can say it's a pain in the bum.... I can't even think how much it's required for God/Ra/Shiva etc etc know to create something way more bigger and complex...
Nobody is born a creator and the most important thing is that you're putting all you have in it, and that you will always strive to do better and to trump what you did previously. :) (y)
And of course who will pass the opportunity to make fun all of the lazy ass who can't even merge two folders together but will try to complain, when you will have an entire game under your belt?!? :D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
why? just own your mistakes and use them as learning lessons!
give the little people something to aim for if you ever grow big!
anyone that checks the current ocean renders is like
"better quit now, no way i can ever get that good!"
and then you check the 1st renders of Summer
when she was a young adult during the blowjob scene and go like
"wtf was this done by a 5 year old? i can do better!"
The one thing I will NEVER do is go back and radically change characters in a reboot. WIAB is dead to me after turning Miru EuroAmerican instead of Asian and the MC into a steroid laden Fabio caricature. Drastic reboots are too polarizing.
I'll eventually fix the "imperfections" as I get around to it. I'm not going to fix them all and call that a release. I'll probably include a fixed one or two as I update and not even mention it. Only people who come to the game late will see it perfect-ish.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I agree 100% with Warscared here, who gives a flying fuck of those who will bitch without even know how much work you put in it?
And I will certainly not, I never tried to work with Daz, but I use Sketchup to create the scenes for my illustrations and I can say it's a pain in the bum.... I can't even think how much it's required for God/Ra/Shiva etc etc know to create something way more bigger and complex...
Nobody is born a creator and the most important thing is that you're putting all you have in it, and that you will always strive to do better and to trump what you did previously. :) (y)
And of course who will pass the opportunity to make fun all of the lazy ass who can't even merge two folders together but will try to complain, when you will have an entire game under your belt?!? :D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's part of the reason I told y'all what one of the problems was, so that in the future when people complain you can say "Bitch I've known about that since before the game was released, STFU!"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

gotta throw some perks to the faithful :sneaky:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
That's part of the reason I told y'all what one of the problems was, so that in the future when people complain you can say "Bitch I've known about that since before the game was released, STFU!"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

gotta throw some perks to the faithful :sneaky:
Yes!!!!
fist-pump-yes.gif

Muah!Ah!Ah!Ah!Ah!Ah!Ah! Cant' wait!!!!:devilish: :KEK: :KEK:

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The "realism" render is pretty good ; aside from the floor and the "grey" mood (who might be intentional, depending on the mood of the VN) I see no real problem
The mood at this point is a little "grey". The prologue isn't "happy", so that the MC can find happiness later. This kind of started as a "proof of concept" scene and I ended up coming up with enough dialog in my head for an actual scene, so it grew from there; but I never really went back and "looked" at the room. If this room was ever going to be seen again after the prologue I would have added more set dressing to make it more real and homey, but left it kind of stark. Hmmm, typing that made me think; in retrospect I probably should have made this scene "warmer" to reflect......nah, ain't gonna tell you that part ;). If I ever do rerender these scenes, I probably will add some things.

The prologue was kind of an afterthought after I'd been working on the story. I realized I needed a better setup for our MC's situation, and it was a definable episode to release as a beginning.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
why, i am flabbergasted at this skulduggery, what tom foolery is this? not all of us were born with computers. i will have you know that in accordance to my peers a feather and a ink pot on a proper vellum scroll is all it takes for a gentleman!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
why, i am flabbergasted at this skulduggery, what tom foolery is this? not all of us were born with computers. i will have you know that in accordance to my peers a feather and a ink pot on a proper vellum scroll is all it takes for a gentleman!
Sir I used quills and ink pots in my educational boarding school and started playing with computers less than 12 years ago, so I'm fairly new to this computer wizardry.
That being said I wasn't talking of gentlemen here, but of a low category of human beings which, rather than educated, I would dare to define "unmannerly".
So none of those who are part of this exclusive discussion club should feel in the least touched by the suspicion of belonging to this category previously mentioned by me.
tilt-hat-gentleman.gif

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Sir I used quills and ink pots in my educational boarding school and started playing with computers less that 12 years ago, so I'm fairly new to this computer wizardry.
That being said I wasn't talking of gentlemen here, but of a low category of human beings which, rather than educated, I would dare to define "unmannerly".
So none of those who are part of this exclusive discussion club should feel in the least touched by the suspicion of belonging to this category previously mentioned by me.
View attachment 2341308
WarscaredDylan741.jpg

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'm going to start doing some "dev log" short things (like a "tweet" level) on the Discord server in the "development-progress-prerelease" channel to keep from cluttering up F95 with little messages but to keep everyone in the loop-ish as to what I'm doing, plus to get used to using Discord for when the game drops.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I'm going to start doing some "dev log" short things (like a "tweet" level) on the Discord server in the "development-progress-prerelease" channel to keep from cluttering up F95 with little messages but to keep everyone in the loop-ish as to what I'm doing, plus to get used to using Discord for when the game drops.
you are not ther yet, just present the introduction or presentation and then if there is enough demand sure!

found the perfect love song for me and Sasha

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
better without, they look dangerously pointy :unsure:
She's Gorgeous! :love::love:
But I agree with matschbirne, those whiskers are strange, it looks like they are "attached" to her face instead of growing out of it, maybe reducing the thickness and make them longer will help? :)
Yeah, they're kind of weird. That's why I put the question here and on Discord. They look like wires stuck in her face to me :eek:
I haven't checked to see if I can manipulate them in any way but I'm already thinking of "no whiskers".