3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
is that your Bella? she seems sort of a psychopatic lunatic on that 1st render!
She's smiling at a cute dragon chasing a butterfly! The psycho lunatic is....well, you'll just have to wait and see. Might not even put one in and confuse the hell out of Vidal. :unsure::unsure:

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared
Sep 3, 2020
She's smiling at a cute dragon chasing a butterfly! The psycho lunatic is....well, you'll just have to wait and see. Might not even put one in and confuse the hell out of Vidal. :unsure::unsure:
hey hey we have a deal you can't take her from me now I've already booked the chapel

don't worry baby he's just jealous of you

SnakeGirl-01_with_cat.png

yes I see the kitty

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I saw hair asset and really liked the character model. I asked on a forum if anyone knew what it was. Someone told me to message the hair asset designer, they were good about responding. I did, and they did respond. The head is a blend of 4 different models in differing amounts, the body is another and the skin is another. They told me exactly how to set it up. Some people make it all worth while. I am calling her Elyssa after the hair asset. I'm sure she will end up in the game

(Dylan741, you can't look at these you hair-color traitor! :ROFLMAO: )
ElyssaHut01.png ElyssaHut02.png

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Major anouncement:

The game is going on "hold" (in other words delayed a hell of a long time)

Not because I'm not working on it, but because I'm having too much trouble getting things to work. Even with a newer, better, computer than I started with things are just taking too long or have quite working altogether with Daz. After doing some research, I find I need to severely clear up the amount of stuff I have installed in Daz and reconfigure it in some ways. I have one scene that it takes 2-3 HOURS to load the scene and I might get to make one render before it just returns a blank page. I then have to close Daz, restart it, reload the scene and try again. Sucksville. I should be able to significantly reduce that time with some things I've learned online - but it's going to be quite a bit of manual reorganization and configuration. After doing all that I may have to redo some of the scenes to make them work.

SO

end result - Nothing for a long time, but possibly better/faster results once I get this train rolling again.

Sep 3, 2020
Major anouncement:

Not because I'm not working on it, but because I'm having too much trouble getting things to work. Even with a newer, better, computer than I started with things are just taking too long or have quite working altogether with Daz. After doing some research, I find I need to severely clear up the amount of stuff I have installed in Daz and reconfigure it in some ways. I have one scene that it takes 2-3 HOURS to load the scene and I might get to make one render before it just returns a blank page. I then have to close Daz, restart it, reload the scene and try again. Sucksville. I should be able to significantly reduce that time with some things I've learned online - but it's going to be quite a bit of manual reorganization and configuration. After doing all that I may have to redo some of the scenes to make them work.

SO

end result - Nothing for a long time, but possibly better/faster results once I get this train rolling again.
no worries brother take your time we're not going anywhere

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Major anouncement:

SO

Take the time you need, it's all part of the learning process we will wait for you. :) (y)

Reactions: damnedfrog

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I am SOOOOOOooooo glad I decided to put things on hold and reconfigure my files. Not only has that helped, I have started reconfiguring Daz Studio. In researching loading time problems and other things I have figured out so much stuff it's amazing. I took one character file from 79Mb in size to 1.8Mb in size :eek:. It won't be as high quality in closeup, but reducing the file size to 2.25% of it's original size is going to have a huge impact on load times and render times. My renders won't be "Summer's Gone" quality (very few are) but they will be better than MANY other games because I'm just that good :oops::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I'm forcing myself not to go ahead and start on the reworked content yet, other than correcting things like the file size etc. That's going to take time as it is and I don't want to rush things as I might learn something new. I will probably have to remake, rerender, all of my existing work to make it visually compatible with the new stuff, but hopefully that will lead to an overall quality improvement.

I have made no progress on my knowledge of Ren'Py because I've been dealing with so many load/render issues. That will all come when I start putting this together again.

Even though my workload has increased, I feel better about it because I feel like I can make it work now. I was beginning to feel like making this was going to be such a beating that it wasn't worthwhile.

Besides, Teacher said "Do it over until you get it right!...."
HotForTeacher01.jpg

Sep 3, 2020
I am SOOOOOOooooo glad I decided to put things on hold and reconfigure my files. Not only has that helped, I have started reconfiguring Daz Studio. In researching loading time problems and other things I have figured out so much stuff it's amazing. I took one character file from 79Mb in size to 1.8Mb in size :eek:. It won't be as high quality in closeup, but reducing the file size to 2.25% of it's original size is going to have a huge impact on load times and render times. My renders won't be "Summer's Gone" quality (very few are) but they will be better than MANY other games because I'm just that good :oops::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I'm forcing myself not to go ahead and start on the reworked content yet, other than correcting things like the file size etc. That's going to take time as it is and I don't want to rush things as I might learn something new. I will probably have to remake, rerender, all of my existing work to make it visually compatible with the new stuff, but hopefully that will lead to an overall quality improvement.

I have made no progress on my knowledge of Ren'Py because I've been dealing with so many load/render issues. That will all come when I start putting this together again.

Even though my workload has increased, I feel better about it because I feel like I can make it work now. I was beginning to feel like making this was going to be such a beating that it wasn't worthwhile.

Besides, Teacher said "Do it over until you get it right!...."
View attachment 2585793
ooh teacher
View attachment ImABadBoy.wmv_V0.mp4