fri123

Mar 28, 2018
I have japaneese language pack installed, but every time it extracts wrong named files. I tried everything including changing the language of 7zip.

Tygrys

Mar 17, 2017
I have japaneese language pack installed, but every time it extracts wrong named files. I tried everything including changing the language of 7zip.
Use bandizip in that case it helps me with unziping jap names just use "code page" and click jap

Nov 3, 2019
in my free time i MTL'd v.3 , so if anyone's too lazy to do it , i'll drop the data folder here .
just replace the data inside the www folder
Just as a heads up for anyone using an MTL or the MTL provided by levatiaon on page 11 for Eden Zero, it seems as though some events may break such as the "takeover black tentacles" event and the enslavement event found in the underworld, which simply doesn't work in the translated version but works fine untranslated. Unsure to what extent these breaks may be, as most other events seem to work fine w/ MTL.

Last edited:

nov2long

Sep 9, 2020
I don’t really have much experience with MTL’d games to be able to navigate the options well. Where can I find options to allow me to see the character’s image on screen while playing? Nothing has worked so far unless it’s hidden behind untranslated text or broken English. And is there an option to unlock all items at the start (for viewing purposes), or do they come through playing the game?

UNOWNKILLER

Aug 29, 2019
I don’t really have much experience with MTL’d games to be able to navigate the options well. Where can I find options to allow me to see the character’s image on screen while playing? Nothing has worked so far unless it’s hidden behind untranslated text or broken English. And is there an option to unlock all items at the start (for viewing purposes), or do they come through playing the game?
Try running the game with a Japanese emulator or unzipping the file in Japanese using Bandzip

nov2long

Sep 9, 2020
Try running the game with a Japanese emulator or unzipping the file in Japanese using Bandzip
Will this work for levatiaon’s MTL version? I was just hoping to get tips for how to get around the in-game features, but if the actual files are what I need to change, then will do. I’ll just need to find a Japanese emulator or Bandzip, any recommendations for trusted sources for these two? Thanks.

EDIT: Using a Japanese emulator didn't work (I used the Locale Emulator from xupefei.github), Bandizip with Code Page set to Japanese fixed the image problem but got rid of the MTL, so what did the trick was the classic switch-around of the "pictures" folder from the Code Page Japanese folder with the original MTL folder. Thank you.

Last edited:

nov2long

Sep 9, 2020
New problem in Eden Zero (specifically levatiaon's MTL game): has anyone figured out a way to keep skill names MTL'd into English while also allowing for battle skill cut-ins? I determined that it's www > data > Skills.json that handles images for the MC's skills (like when images appear when the MC uses Maiden Prayer or Thunder skills in battle). When I tried to replace the json file in the MTL version with the json file from the Japanese version, the skill cut-ins come back but the skill names are all untranslated. I have no idea how to MTL a single file, much less how to translate a whole game. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Nov 3, 2019
New problem in Eden Zero (specifically levatiaon's MTL game): has anyone figured out a way to keep skill names MTL'd into English while also allowing for battle skill cut-ins? I determined that it's www > data > Skills.json that handles images for the MC's skills (like when images appear when the MC uses Maiden Prayer or Thunder skills in battle). When I tried to replace the json file in the MTL version with the json file from the Japanese version, the skill cut-ins come back but the skill names are all untranslated. I have no idea how to MTL a single file, much less how to translate a whole game. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
After some time and attempts to solve this issue myself, looking through the js script, messing about in the Skills.json, the best answer I can find for the whole lack of images relates to the skill name itself. From what I understand, the game is calling upon that specific name when attempting to run the little attack scene, you can have everything within Skills.json translated with the exception of the skill name and the animations play out as they should. So, this issue seems to be with something found within the .exe or .dat file that is being compared to the skill name. When checking the js files, the file "rpg_managers.js" is calling upon a '$dataSkills' which is comparing values to Skills.json, so I'm guessing this is likely the culprit.

TL;DR, Something is clearly referencing the Skill 'name' directly, causing the lack of scenes when translated. The fix would be to find the $dataSkills file or code and changing the names within them to match the Skills.json file. As I've never created or coded an RPGMaker game I couldn't say where $dataSkills would be, likely guess is within the .exe itself, but again can't say for sure. Hell, it could even be a simple img file being called upon that simply shares the skill name, so when that skill has a different name it isn't called on.

Last edited:
Reactions: nov2long
Nov 3, 2019
With all that said, the best alternative would be to simply translate the skill descriptions and leave the name untranslated.

Edit: Alright, here's a modified Skills.json file revision for Eden Zero 0.3 that lacks skill name changes but skill descriptions are translated. At least you'll have an idea of what's going on/what the attack will do.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019
For those interested:
Here is a save for Eden Zero that has all party members, all H-Scenes unlocked, 99% of H-Abilities unlocked, and it sets you in the debug room which contains (from what I can tell) a good amount of unreleased H-Scenes (17 unreleased total) as well as a few duplicates you'd normally find (All from where you load in down seem to be unreleased. With one near the top of the map also being unreleased.). Just unzip and place the file1.rpgsave in www/save.

Note: To leave the debug room, interact with the yellow crystal. Also, when you interact with one of the H-Scene crystals it seems to teleport you out of the debug room, so reloading the save to view all scenes will be necessary.

Last edited:

nov2long

Sep 9, 2020
Hmm, there isn’t any later version of Eden Zero, huh. I really want to access all the areas blocked by the green barrier, but it says they cannot open in the alpha version. Has there been any update of a later released version with more content? Heck, I just might play the raw if it’s out just to see more of this game.

Like I’m pretty sure there is some more stuff, but it’s probably something you have to pay or subscribe for, like this scene I saw:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 3, 2019
Hmm, there isn’t any later version of Eden Zero, huh. I really want to access all the areas blocked by the green barrier, but it says they cannot open in the alpha version. Has there been any update of a later released version with more content? Heck, I just might play the raw if it’s out just to see more of this game.

Like I’m pretty sure there is some more stuff, but it’s probably something you have to pay or subscribe for, like this scene I saw:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The save I posted two posts above yours has the normally inactive portals active, these being the areas beyond the green barriers you mentioned, as well as the castle island left of the main base. I do want to note, some green barriers truly are purposeless, as attempts to enter the areas beyond them simply lack a trigger for a new zone.
Mind you, I've looked through those normally inaccessible areas entirely myself and the content in them is very bare at the moment, though some do have some NPCs, enemies you wouldn't normally see, as well as some bosses seemingly ready to go (The most complete area would be the inaccessible forest after your run in with Shunka). As for events/scenes, none lie beyond the green barriers from what I've found, though if you are primarily looking for new scenes, that save I mentioned does include some scenes you normally wouldn't get as it puts you in the Dev Room.

Last edited:

nov2long

Sep 9, 2020
The save I posted two posts above yours has the normally inactive portals active, these being the areas beyond the green barriers you mentioned, as well as the castle island left of the main base. I do want to note, some green barriers truly are purposeless, as attempts to enter the areas beyond them simply lack a trigger for a new zone.
Mind you, I've looked through those normally inaccessible areas entirely myself and the content in them is very bare at the moment, though some do have some NPCs, enemies you wouldn't normally see, as well as some bosses seemingly ready to go (The most complete area would be the inaccessible forest after your run in with Shunka). As for events/scenes, none lie beyond the green barriers from what I've found, though if you are primarily looking for new scenes, that save I mentioned does include some scenes you normally wouldn't get as it puts you in the Dev Room.
Ah, I see. Thank you for your work, and I guess the waiting game continues until fume releases a new version. I am also looking for new equipment and such due to the events (so like actual gameplay progression and item acquisition), but it seems there isn’t anything new in that department, so wait I shall.

I feel like there should really be a whole new thread for Eden Zero, or else further posting on this thread might confuse people with comments pertaining to the first game.

Reactions: kamina666

Bakachiki

Feb 25, 2018
Eden Zero's trial that was posted here could probably be posted on F95zone along with the MTL / fixes. Now I just need to find out how to get "Remil and Leona" into the party - need them to go through a door apparently, maybe they were bosses... Can't remember characters with those names though. Will search again.

Edit: They are at the starting area - no option to add them to the party.

Last edited:
Reactions: kamina666
4.00 star(s) 7 Votes