Bakachiki

Feb 25, 2018
Dunno which one of that you were talking to.

But, if I had the newest update, I could try and use Translator++ on it.

This thread probably needs a small update itself.

I have translated games before. I have some that I deleted eventually and aren't available untranslated.

My biggest issue, looking at this game.

Status changing items and stacking status effects - that kinda stuff.

I used a machine translation, on the first or second release of the second game. Had it flagged for updates. It didn't have much to it yet.

With some armors and other things, the variables tend to need to match. One variable may need changed somewhere outside of a translation or the usual area, because its tied to something else - key terms need to match.

Map names can be annoying, need to change them in both places and sometimes elsewhere.

Some people give MTL, a bad rep. Its also not difficult to flag certain words, which are always wonky or don't belong in places, and ensure that they sound semi proper. Or run some spellchecks through things, and make sure possible changes won't screw the variables.

I tend to keep words like Oak, as they are. Even though they should probably mean Orc elsewhere.

Sometimes I have translated games, and the weapons menu won't show any of the weapons. Or guides and things crash the game - are wonky. Or every map is fine, until I run into one where the game gave a map with a _, rather than a space. And I missed it, old saves won't work.

If the newer stuff is compatible with older games and translation files, at all - that would be wonderful. This feels like a game that will turn up a lot of errors when I translate it.

Reactions: kamina666

kamina666

Jan 21, 2018
Does someone has tried to translate this game anew? Some parte seems to have broken english, like all the stuff related to Elfs...

ultramouzer

May 23, 2021
Playing through the game for the umpteenth time, and only now do I read the item descriptions.
Sometimes they spill off the text, but I can get it for the most part, but - holy shit - did I not expect a pseudo-dark souls approach to a hentai fetish game. You read out some weird stuff they imply but not outright say.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It definitely feels like the game has some secrets in it either forgotten or unexplored. I've attached some peculiar screenshots that caught my attention.
Speaking of which, snooping around some forums, there's mention of a secret ending that can only be found via doing some secret specific stuff, and then an ending after that (a TRUE ending?). Has anyone found out how? I've only seen one mention of it, and it had something to do with dragons, finding all the warps, and/or the Northern Kingdom questline(?).
I dug through the game files of the english version in rpgmaker. there is straight up nothing tied to any of those areas. I don't have the japanese version so I'm unable to test it.

On that note, does anybody know whats the best way to mod rpgmaker vx ace games? I want to mod the game to allow equipping multiple armor pieces into the same slot. Its silly that the game doesn't allow you to wear cat ears and a collar at the same time. I think I need to edit the actor's equips array, but I simply cannot figure out how to access the file.

I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to convert it to MV?

Last edited:

Exilcs

Sep 22, 2020
Busqué en los archivos del juego de la versión en inglés en rpgmaker. No hay nada vinculado a ninguna de esas áreas. No tengo la versión japonesa, así que no puedo probarla.

En ese sentido, ¿alguien sabe cuál es la mejor manera de modificar los juegos de rpgmaker vx ace? Quiero modificar el juego para permitir equipar varias piezas de armadura en la misma ranura. Es una tontería que el juego no te permita usar orejas de gato y un collar al mismo tiempo. Creo que necesito editar la matriz de equipos del actor, pero simplemente no puedo averiguar cómo acceder al archivo.

Estoy pensando que lo mejor que puedo hacer es convertirlo a MV.
[/CITA]
I dug through the game files of the english version in rpgmaker. there is straight up nothing tied to any of those areas. I don't have the japanese version so I'm unable to test it.

On that note, does anybody know whats the best way to mod rpgmaker vx ace games? I want to mod the game to allow equipping multiple armor pieces into the same slot. Its silly that the game doesn't allow you to wear cat ears and a collar at the same time. I think I need to edit the actor's equips array, but I simply cannot figure out how to access the file.

I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to convert it to MV?
I have been converting it to MZ, but there are many problems and errors, including the textures and the entire clothing system is broken, the menus also have to be redone, even the auto attack one has completely disappeared, the statistics seem to be fine for the moment, as do the properties of certain objects, another thing that I saw that was affected were the audios, it being necessary that these were in ogg format, something that I already corrected.
If you're wondering why I was doing this, it's because I wanted to make a mod, but after seeing how broken it is, I first decided to see if it's possible to repair it, at least to gain experience with the RPGMAIKER.

Oct 18, 2020
Is work still being done on this game? Was it completed and is the english understandable? Can I follow the story now? Or is the translation conversation on the sequel?

• Red Heart

Alturistix

Jul 13, 2018
Dunno which one of that you were talking to.

But, if I had the newest update, I could try and use Translator++ on it.

This thread probably needs a small update itself.

I have translated games before. I have some that I deleted eventually and aren't available untranslated.

My biggest issue, looking at this game.

Status changing items and stacking status effects - that kinda stuff.

I used a machine translation, on the first or second release of the second game. Had it flagged for updates. It didn't have much to it yet.

With some armors and other things, the variables tend to need to match. One variable may need changed somewhere outside of a translation or the usual area, because its tied to something else - key terms need to match.

Map names can be annoying, need to change them in both places and sometimes elsewhere.

Some people give MTL, a bad rep. Its also not difficult to flag certain words, which are always wonky or don't belong in places, and ensure that they sound semi proper. Or run some spellchecks through things, and make sure possible changes won't screw the variables.

I tend to keep words like Oak, as they are. Even though they should probably mean Orc elsewhere.

Sometimes I have translated games, and the weapons menu won't show any of the weapons. Or guides and things crash the game - are wonky. Or every map is fine, until I run into one where the game gave a map with a _, rather than a space. And I missed it, old saves won't work.

If the newer stuff is compatible with older games and translation files, at all - that would be wonderful. This feels like a game that will turn up a lot of errors when I translate it.
The issue with translating stuff with status-effects with visual effects, especially mid-battle is that many plugins in Ace and MV use the Notes or Description section of skills or status effects to trigger the effects. In this case, you must only translate Dialogue and objects that have a numerical id that the game uses, like names of items and characters and (to a certain extent) variables and switches.

Alturistix

Jul 13, 2018
That's pretty difficult with Ace, you'd need a couple of plugins to do that. However, if you only add equipment slots without changing existing stuff, only then would that work, otherwise you'd have to change a lot of existing traps and events that force items on to the characters.

Your best bet is to look at the RPGMAKER Forums, and Ace is pretty cheap on Steam anyways.

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes