Aug 10, 2018
Edinburgh v.17 crunched

Original Size PC: 2,58 GB
Original Size PC: 2,56 GB

Compressed Size PC: 310 MB
Edinburgh-.17-pc.zip: Workupload PC

Compressed Size Mac: 293 MB
Edinburgh-.17-mac.zip: Workupload Mac

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v2.1 (hngg@f95zone) -
it says file not found

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Ricktor any chance of an update or preview pics? ;) :D
Hi Trainer....just a quick note. I am continuing to work on the story and such, but to be perfectly honest I do not think it belongs here. I am not a developer, a writer, or know how to code. This was simply me trying to learn these things and I learn best by doing. I am making progress and learning a lot of things, but this is a complete mess and people didn't like it anyway. It was probably a mistake posting it here in the first place. I was hoping for constructive criticism, but that is not what people want to do here. They want to download and play polished games, and mine is far far from that. This is absolutely understandable. People have limited time these days, and wasting download space and time on a "work in progress" is kinda annoying. I get it. I do have to finish it though...it is a personal thing with me, I can't walk away from something I start. I hope you can understand, I am not abandoning anything, I just don't think it is worthy of being here. My goal is to learn enough, to make at least a very good game. It is going to take a lot more than I ever imagined it would. When I finish, I will probably take it and hide it under a rock somewhere, and if people want to see it at that point, well you can't say I didn't warn ya, lol.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Hi Trainer....just a quick note. I am continuing to work on the story and such, but to be perfectly honest I do not think it belongs here. I am not a developer, a writer, or know how to code. This was simply me trying to learn these things and I learn best by doing. I am making progress and learning a lot of things, but this is a complete mess and people didn't like it anyway. It was probably a mistake posting it here in the first place. I was hoping for constructive criticism, but that is not what people want to do here. They want to download and play polished games, and mine is far far from that. This is absolutely understandable. People have limited time these days, and wasting download space and time on a "work in progress" is kinda annoying. I get it. I do have to finish it though...it is a personal thing with me, I can't walk away from something I start. I hope you can understand, I am not abandoning anything, I just don't think it is worthy of being here. My goal is to learn enough, to make at least a very good game. It is going to take a lot more than I ever imagined it would. When I finish, I will probably take it and hide it under a rock somewhere, and if people want to see it at that point, well you can't say I didn't warn ya, lol.
Don't be so hard on yourself! This is a decent game, one of the 10 to 15 I actually follow. So I also am waiting on the next update!
Keep up the good work, and smile, you are making something nice here! (y)

Trainer7

Feb 13, 2018

You are being WAAAAAAAY too hard on yourself, the game is fine and honestly better than a lot of the crap that floats around on this site.

Sure you got some pretty bad responses last time around but screw'em, make the game you're aiming to make in the way you see fit to make it and if they don't like it then tough. A lot of games here are not polished in their releases, take A New Dawn for example, it's a perfectly good game but each released in loaded with bugs that the dev has to go back and fix...and it still has bugs and glitches 3-4 patches into a release yet people still play it and enjoy it.

My advice: Post the game and see what happens; the worst they can do is tell you they don't like it and you take the comments for what they're worth...which often isn't much. If you're still worried about responses to the story then I'd be happy to discuss the game's storyline and help bounce ideas in PM or disc or w/e.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Don't be so hard on yourself! This is a decent game, one of the 10 to 15 I actually follow. So I also am waiting on the next update!
Keep up the good work, and smile, you are making something nice here! (y)
Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you find something of value in it. I'm not looking for exposure, or money, or fame(lol.), just a learning experience, so maybe a better route to take, is to somehow make the Patreon free so if a few still wanted it, it is available. I am going to have to give this some thought, there are a few over there that have been with me from the start. I can keep you posted if you would like. I will have it sorted out by the end of the month, before the next pay period on Patreon. I'm pretty sure the last update was not something most here would like so I did not post it, and the current update I'm working on now, probably even more so. Give me a few days and I will figure out how best to move forward. Thanks!

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
You are being WAAAAAAAY too hard on yourself, the game is fine and honestly better than a lot of the crap that floats around on this site.

Sure you got some pretty bad responses last time around but screw'em, make the game you're aiming to make in the way you see fit to make it and if they don't like it then tough. A lot of games here are not polished in their releases, take A New Dawn for example, it's a perfectly good game but each released in loaded with bugs that the dev has to go back and fix...and it still has bugs and glitches 3-4 patches into a release yet people still play it and enjoy it.

My advice: Post the game and see what happens; the worst they can do is tell you they don't like it and you take the comments for what they're worth...which often isn't much. If you're still worried about responses to the story then I'd be happy to discuss the game's storyline and help bounce ideas in PM or disc or w/e.
Thank you Trainer.....and yes I would love to hear ideas and comments and criticisms. I probably will have to give you the July update and the one that is almost done now, to bring you up to speed with where I am at and planned on going. I know the story is all over the place. Sometimes I work the story around something I am trying to learn about or get better at(I know that is not what you should do). For instance, the animations. They served no purpose, but I was interested in learning how to make them. Anyway, like I said above, I just need a few day to sort it out. Thanks again for the comments!

userok

Jun 25, 2018
Hi Trainer....just a quick note. I am continuing to work on the story and such, but to be perfectly honest I do not think it belongs here. I am not a developer, a writer, or know how to code. ...................................................
Maybe i don't understand you properly. English is not my native language. What do you mean "not belong here"? Is there some better place? Whats wrong with this site?
I want to say for myself. Again, i hate some characters, but i want to see how the story unfolds. Bad response is still a response.
Norrington: You are without a doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of.
Captain Jack Sparrow: But you have heard of me.
Bad game doesn't have even a bad response. When you meet a bad game you just move along.
Anyway, as i said, i want to see continuation of your story. Who would win? Good? Bad? I don't know.
And last one. Dont listen to every random dude from internet. Just do what you like.

Trainer7

Feb 13, 2018
Thank you Trainer.....and yes I would love to hear ideas and comments and criticisms. I probably will have to give you the July update and the one that is almost done now, to bring you up to speed with where I am at and planned on going. I know the story is all over the place. Sometimes I work the story around something I am trying to learn about or get better at(I know that is not what you should do). For instance, the animations. They served no purpose, but I was interested in learning how to make them. Anyway, like I said above, I just need a few day to sort it out. Thanks again for the comments!
Nothing wrong with maneuvering the story to whatever your goals are, though it does tend to be better/easier on you to have an endgame in mind as you do these things. As for the animations, they serve to enrich the moment in the storytelling, such as a dramatic entrance or making a sex scene more impactful; while they are nice touches, they're certainly not required if you don't want to do them, and a similar effect can be achieved with the right set of pics.

Anyway, hope things are well regardless!

FloricSpacer

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2020
Hey Ricktor, I think your game is actually quite good for a first attempt and a learning experience. When you talk about things like the game not belonging here or it being unfinished, I can't help but think how much better your game is than many other similar ones I've seen. It's one of the few games I check in on every once in a while to see if there's been an update.

I'd be happy to give some pretty extensive constructive criticism if that's something you'd want. If you give me a link to the current build then I'll replay it and give you constructive feedback on the overall game. Please PM me if you want to get some more feedback, I think that this game is great for what it is and you have awesome potential to make more great games in the future if you wanted to.

And I think that as an author you'll always hear the negative feedback most loudly, but I expect most people who played the game are like me and enjoyed it a lot despite not posting about it. So please keep in mind the many people that appreciate the work you've done and try not to let the haters get to you too much.

And please PM me the current build if you want some more in depth feedback about the game!

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
When will it's next version will be released ??
We are waiting for Riktor to let us know how he will proceed. It is a good game, and a new version would be a wonderful surprise. We do not know when it will come, and we still wait. :>)

PinkNova

May 2, 2018
Aww, sorry to see that updates died here, the game was one of the few random gems I found here that I was enjoying playing each update and found it odd it had been so long, so I came to check. Wish you good will and success in your future endeavors Ricktor.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes