3.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Yalon

Mar 26, 2018
With 4 "normal" busty girls, 2 planned shortstacks and a total of 10 scouts (1 for each type), what other bodytypes do you have planned? 2 tallflats/2 curvyBBW, or something a bit more fancy? Or maybe expand to 3 shortstacks and only one other bodytype to save on the additional spritework?
Totally not trying to nudge you into more shortstacks. I'm merely interested due to the amount of work that'd need to go into each spriteset, and only 3 bodytypes total is 33% less work than 4.

Nardyuk

Feb 22, 2021
I'm very confused, am I playing it wrong? I can't seem to win any fight, i just get game over everytime no matter what i do...am I miassing something?

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
I'm very confused, am I playing it wrong? I can't seem to win any fight, i just get game over everytime no matter what i do...am I miassing something?
Yes, you are most likely doing it wrong. Don't fight immediately. Run around looting chests, most of them look like tall tree stumps.
If you're lucky, you'll get right evolution stones to evolve your starters. Unevolved forms are literally useless in combat, you'll never win without evolved monsters.

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
With 4 "normal" busty girls, 2 planned shortstacks and a total of 10 scouts (1 for each type), what other bodytypes do you have planned? 2 tallflats/2 curvyBBW, or something a bit more fancy? Or maybe expand to 3 shortstacks and only one other bodytype to save on the additional spritework?
Totally not trying to nudge you into more shortstacks. I'm merely interested due to the amount of work that'd need to go into each spriteset, and only 3 bodytypes total is 33% less work than 4.
I think the WIND and SPARK types will be tall and slender. MIND will probably be a Sabrina reference and GHOST will just be a... Hexxy witch.Once I got these three mirrored animations, doggy, ride and press, it should be easy to slot in different body typed scouts, so long as the umm, point of entry is the same.

Nardyuk

Feb 22, 2021
no
Yes, you are most likely doing it wrong. Don't fight immediately. Run around looting chests, most of them look like tall tree stumps.
If you're lucky, you'll get right evolution stones to evolve your starters. Unevolved forms are literally useless in combat, you'll never win without evolved monsters.
no wonder...

Herosoul

Sep 3, 2019
I was hoping the scouts could get impregnated and then have baby monsters. It is counterintuitive to me that being impregnated = game over if that is one of the kinks you're trying to capitalize on here. As a player, I can't enjoy the pregnancy aspect while also losing the game constantly, just my 2 cents.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
So the game has no saving system and you only loss 4 times before you have to start over? Yeah, I guess I'll let it cook for a few more months.
There are only 4 areas available for now so that's probably a good idea but... my second and third runs took multiple hours; a "loss" only happens when the scout is impregnated so unless you're trying to get it to happen ( and even then it can take a while as each ejaculation has a % chance of impregnation ) or are using unevolved mons it's pretty easy to win fights and just having all your mons knocked out doesn't result in an impregnation. Def needs a way to save a run though, takes quite a bit of time to collect all the chests/fruits and it's only going to get worse as more areas are added.

I was hoping the scouts could get impregnated and then have baby monsters. It is counterintuitive to me that being impregnated = game over if that is one of the kinks you're trying to capitalize on here. As a player, I can't enjoy the pregnancy aspect while also losing the game constantly, just my 2 cents.
Go back to the starting facility after you've lost a scout, open the menu and then the stable, press "D" and you'll see slots for the first two scouts, press "D" again and you'll see slots for the second two scouts. After they've birthed their first egg from the defeat you can use them to breed with more evolved mons. Oh and you'll also find the mon that impregnated them in the stable too, good way to get a thundama since electric stones are fairly rare ATM. No alternate scenes for using them to breed while pregnant though :( And the genetic XP you get from it is pretty low, that being the only way I've found to get genetic XP so far.

Reactions: Herosoul

Herosoul

Sep 3, 2019
Go back to the starting facility after you've lost a scout, open the menu and then the stable, press "D" and you'll see slots for the first two scouts, press "D" again and you'll see slots for the second two scouts. After they've birthed their first egg from the defeat you can use them to breed with more evolved mons. Oh and you'll also find the mon that impregnated them in the stable too, good way to get a thundama since electric stones are fairly rare ATM. No alternate scenes for using them to breed while pregnant though :( And the genetic XP you get from it is pretty low, that being the only way I've found to get genetic XP so far.
Ah nice, thanks for pointing that out. I saw that option in the menu but it was always greyed out, I guess because I wasn't in the lab when I tried to access it? Good to know either way and makes the game better for me. I still wish being impregnated wasn't an instant loss of the scout with a 'game over' screen though.

stinkdick1987

Jul 16, 2019
I like the game, and can appreciate the groundwork laid out even though it's still very early on in development. Lotta good work so far.

After playing it a bit, here's some things I've noticed that could be improved. Take it with a grain of salt since I'm just a software engineer professionally, not a game dev. Also, please don't take this as me hating the game. I do like the game as it is, but I also would love to see it be improved. And yes I understand it's probably just one guy doing all of this. I'm very familiar with solo-dev projects.

1. Map size

Rosedew Meadow and Dark Forest have a good size-to-density ratio of things going on. The Bright Forest and Open Plains are unnecessarily large and don't feel interesting to wander through. Sure if there were cool things happening that mattered it would be nice, but it's just a bunch of tall grass sprinkled with loot trees. Doesn't serve much purpose being that big. Pokemon maps were fairly condensed and a lot of stuff was going on in smaller sized maps. This game is obviously pulling a lot of that franchise and this aspect should be pulled as well.

I also don't know what's up with that music playing person in the Dark Forest. Teleported up and vanished when I got near.

2. Scouts

The scouts are interesting, but only your starter scout matters. I find it strange that when you start a new playthrough and lose you don't get the new scout's default loadout. Maybe that's just a design on the dev's end, but just feels weird.

3. Impregnation

I don't understand why this equates to an immediate game over. The whole point of this game is to breed monsters, and the only way you can do that is with defeated scouts. It feels super weird to just pick a scout and immediately make it lose against a mob, or if you're trying to min-max make it lose against a creature with good genetics, just so you can interact with the main point of the game. It'd be interesting if you could have a collection of people already able to be breeders for creatures THEN if your scouts lose they get added to that pool. Maybe with certain side affects or bonuses I don't know. All I know is that it doesn't make sense to have impregnation = game over, but in reality that's kind of what you need to do at the beginning of the game if you even want to interact with the main point of the game.

4. Items

Items are purely gathered thru RNG, which can be OK if the there are ways to "target farm" specific items. Say for instance I want fruits. I could then do an activity that provided random items, including not fruits, but was weighted towards providing fruits. Some RNG in games is fine and better for longevity, but too much just feels plain bad. I think the game needs different activities to provide items, not just gifts from breeding.

5. Leveling

I'm mixed on this. I do understand the dev's point of view where leveling is normally "get xp and number go up" and can be viewed as boring, but the alternative provided is just "eat fruit and number go up" which isn't much different. In reality it often feels worse than just battling since fruits are completely RNG related to what you get from breeding gifts. I think it could be interesting if fruits had a more consistent acquisition method, but right just it just feels meh.

6. Battling

I think it's fine in its current form, even though it is painfully simple. I'm sure the dev has some ideas cooked up on what to improve, and I don't have any ideas in my head. Something I will say is I really would like our creature doing the battling to be alongside us in the fight screen. I actually thought the scout was the one who was fighting until I looked at the top-left HP bar. Doesn't make much sense to not have our allied creature in the battle screen, especially when they've had a lot of time put into their sprites.

7. Saves

This is probably my biggest gripe. We spend a bunch of time breeding the creatures, the main point of the game, just to have it wiped if we exit the app. You can spend hours farming for good genes, good fruits, and good stones, but it doesn't mean anything if you just close the game. Why? I want to collect a bunch of different creatures and make crazy powerful gene-selected creatures. Why is all of that progress deleted upon a game restart? You could say it's a part of the rogue-like experience, but other rogue-likes at least allow you to save your progress if you want to leave and come back in an hour. And even then it just feels weird to lose ALL of your creatures that you worked so hard for without anything being carried over besides a few minor improvements in supplies.

8. Performance

If you run this game for a few hours it'll start to chug hard. Don't know if there's a memory leak or what, but it's pretty bad. Restarting it fixes it, but if you restart the game you lose all your creatures since there's no option to come back later and pickup where you left off.

9. Obedience

I understand that there's obedience loss based on hunger ratios but it's not apparent when it'll happen. There should be an icon denoting if your creature will lose obedience if you rest at its current hunger. It's also impossible (at least for me) to feed your creatures while resting. Press "1" and "2" or "I", but nothing happens and get an error sound. In addition, there's no real way (that I know of) to raise obedience other than to let your creatures mount you. The idea feels half-baked in its current form, but it could be pretty interesting if fleshed out.

10. Breeding

One of, if not the, main point of the game. I like the concept of what's been devised, but it feels bad to need to lose a scout just to interact with this content. It's not intuitive at all, since the dev has laid out impregnation = game over, which is not true at all; impregnation = game start. That being said, I do like the groundwork and looking forward to how the dev improves it.

11. Stats/Icons

If you go into the details tab of a creature, there's a bunch of stats and icons. Some of them can be translated easily, like Acc = Acurracy, Eva = Evasion etc., but some of them cannot. There should be a mapping of the stat names to what they actually do.

The icons, usually related to breeding, are a complete mystery to me. I know that the DNA symbols relate to gene strength (which I found out by trial and error) and the "thing coming out of an egg" means player hatched, but all of the other ones make no sense to me. Like the stats, there should be some kind of explanation as to what they all mean.

Last edited:

Trilluminati

Mar 25, 2024
First of all, I want to say that I am learning English, but my grammar and speech are still lousy so everything I am going to say is translated with DeepL and Google translate, an apology in advance for spelling mistakes or anything I didn't get across. Also, sorry if my ideas are all over the place, I've been trying to write this all afternoon, so also sorry for that this is literally the last thing I wrote about this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wish you the best of luck with this and look forward to the next update, see you next time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
I stealth updated yesterday, on the MEGA and in MEDIAFIRE. Just two little additions.

Pictured, KITSUNA (who’s in now). Also the winner of last months vote Elceel, and her unevolved form Fizzslug. Also an upcoming bonus monster who I AM GOING TO FINISH in time for the 16th alongside Eleceel, her name is BALLOSAUR.

ADDED: You asked for it! You can now remap the two main keys for the game which are the POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE, UI keys. Currently positive is R, and Negative is F. Remap these on the settings menu however you want. YES you have to wait to be IN the game scene to make this change, I will fix this soon.

ADDED: Kitsuna and her unevolved form, Kitsii. She is the first MIND type monster, and brings the first TYPE move MIND CRACK

Alter: I had to fiddle a bunch with all the Doggy_2 animations and the monsters using it (the front facing doggy anim), in order to ALLOW additional complexity going forward. Very basically, in the future this will let the monsters have an animation layer OVER the scout sprite (like with the cowgirl ride animation), which is necessary because I want to animate a secret 4 legged monster as looming OVER the scout, and have other monsters seizing the scout by her hips, this lets me do that.

Fixed: You can once again stable unevolved moms.

That's it for the mini update as I finalize some things on my end for the 16th and the halloween update in which HAUNTHAG will be added with her quest.

As a preview for the update on the 16th: Two big things are coming to the DARK FOREST update in a few days. I’m not just cooking another oversized map, Dark Forest will be about the size as Rosedew and exactly as big as it needs to be... But two vexatious additions will be finalized for that release. Mechanics I want to include on all, tighter, more FUN maps going forward.

One of those mechanics is a little friend who will open a shortcut for you, cutting down trees so you won't have to deal with the central maze more than once a playthrough... As for the maze itself, it has another new feature, which will make surviving it a challenge...

After Dark Forest I will start working on Western cliffs, which will add some nice symmetry to the world giving the player two zones to explore to the right AND to the left.

((Final note, I launched the alpha of this game on Nov 22 2023, would be cool if for that update, I could get a basic enemy trainer done but I'm gonna have to cook HARD with the time off I am getting.))

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
I stealth updated yesterday, on the MEGA and in MEDIAFIRE. Just two little additions.

Pictured, KITSUNA (who’s in now). Also the winner of last months vote Elceel, and her unevolved form Fizzslug. Also an upcoming bonus monster who I AM GOING TO FINISH in time for the 16th alongside Eleceel, her name is BALLOSAUR.

ADDED: You asked for it! You can now remap the two main keys for the game which are the POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE, UI keys. Currently positive is R, and Negative is F. Remap these on the settings menu however you want. YES you have to wait to be IN the game scene to make this change, I will fix this soon.

ADDED: Kitsuna and her unevolved form, Kitsii. She is the first MIND type monster, and brings the first TYPE move MIND CRACK

Alter: I had to fiddle a bunch with all the Doggy_2 animations and the monsters using it (the front facing doggy anim), in order to ALLOW additional complexity going forward. Very basically, in the future this will let the monsters have an animation layer OVER the scout sprite (like with the cowgirl ride animation), which is necessary because I want to animate a secret 4 legged monster as looming OVER the scout, and have other monsters seizing the scout by her hips, this lets me do that.

Fixed: You can once again stable unevolved moms.

That's it for the mini update as I finalize some things on my end for the 16th and the halloween update in which HAUNTHAG will be added with her quest.

As a preview for the update on the 16th: Two big things are coming to the DARK FOREST update in a few days. I’m not just cooking another oversized map, Dark Forest will be about the size as Rosedew and exactly as big as it needs to be... But two vexatious additions will be finalized for that release. Mechanics I want to include on all, tighter, more FUN maps going forward.

One of those mechanics is a little friend who will open a shortcut for you, cutting down trees so you won't have to deal with the central maze more than once a playthrough... As for the maze itself, it has another new feature, which will make surviving it a challenge...

After Dark Forest I will start working on Western cliffs, which will add some nice symmetry to the world giving the player two zones to explore to the right AND to the left.

((Final note, I launched the alpha of this game on Nov 22 2023, would be cool if for that update, I could get a basic enemy trainer done but I'm gonna have to cook HARD with the time off I am getting.))
There's a game breaking bug. It seems kitsune can't actually use her type mind move, which makes game stuck on enemy turn forever, which in turn forces you to close the game because you can't do anything else.
I've tested it a few times already and consistenly reproduced the bug.
Edit: another bug Galem's animation is missing, and if it triggers in camp, it's another softlock. Same with Kitsune.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invader Incubus
3.30 star(s) 24 Votes