• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

phupdupe

Oct 24, 2019
You fat-fingered one of your string variables at around line 14920 of the script.rpy.

Code:
 $ desc_joe += "You saw Joey on Friday at the ero-games club after you planned to see a movie with Ash. "
should be

Code:
 $ desc_joey += "You saw Joey on Friday at the ero-games club after you planned to see a movie with Ash. "

Reactions: KnottyGames

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
For those struggling with the game complexity, I reversed engineered the game and generated flow charts for all days. Of course the style is not great and some branches will look confusing, but keep in mind that this is an automated work, except for one info that should be noticeable.
Some branching will look weird, but it happens a lot when there is a lot of text with little action (label jumping or variable setting).
Since I used the previous dialogue text encountered as branching text where none existed, some tests look awful, I know that. That's why I put numbers in front of each text and maybe I will put up a translation table to have better texts for text labels.
For those interested, the chart generator that I used can be found

-- Updated --
So many tests and checks on day 8 that it covers two pages.
It doesn't help to understand the story, but if you want a specific outcome, it may help to get to it...

When you look at that many branches for so little action on day 8... there is enough to be mad, or believe the author is mad himself.

Last edited:

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
You fat-fingered one of your string variables at around line 14920 of the script.rpy.

Code:
 $ desc_joe += "You saw Joey on Friday at the ero-games club after you planned to see a movie with Ash. "
should be

Code:
 $ desc_joey += "You saw Joey on Friday at the ero-games club after you planned to see a movie with Ash. "
Thanks for the catch. I'm surprised there's not more typos that like!

Reactions: quinfax

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
For those struggling with the game complexity, I reversed engineered the game and generated flow charts for all days. Of course the style is not great and some branches will look confusing, but keep in mind that this is an automated work, except for one info that should be noticeable.
Some branching will look weird, but it happens a lot when there is a lot of text with little action (label jumping or variable setting).
Since I used the previous dialogue text encountered as branching text where none existed, some tests look awful, I know that. That's why I put numbers in front of each text and maybe I will put up a translation table to have better texts for text labels.
For those interested, the chart generator that I used can be found

-- Updated --
So many tests and checks on day 8 that it covers two pages.
It doesn't help to understand the story, but if you want a specific outcome, it may help to get to it...

When you look at that many branches for so little action on day 8... there is enough to be mad, or believe the author is mad himself.
Day 8+ does get a little crazy with the nested conditionals but it's the most efficient system I've worked out. Scenes now have a hidden priority value associated with them to determine which choices get offered as well. For a break down of how choices are offered, let's look at Day 8 Morning:
  • 4 girl's scenes are offered (Emma, Sarah, Trish, Madison)
  • The game then checks which girl's route requirements are met. Some are easy like Emma and Sarah who just need 3+ points. Trish requires seeing her Day 6 scene and Madison requires 3+ points and her eavesdropping scene
  • Of the girls whose req. are met (active routes), then the game chooses the two girls with the highest points earned
  • In the case of a tie, a hidden priority value is checked for each scene with the lower value getting chosen. In this example the priorities are Sarah (4), Emma (3), Trish (2) and Madison (1). So if there's a tie between Madison and Emma's points, Madison's choice would be offered
In simple terms, the game checks for the routes that you're most active in and offers scenes for those girls. This is how all future branches are coded and the result should be a story where slowly the girls you're less interested in will be offered less and less.

Reactions: UncleVT and quinfax

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Day 8+ does get a little crazy with the nested conditionals but it's the most efficient system I've worked out. Scenes now have a hidden priority value associated with them to determine which choices get offered as well. For a break down of how choices are offered, let's look at Day 8 Morning:
  • 4 girl's scenes are offered (Emma, Sarah, Trish, Madison)
  • The game then checks which girl's route requirements are met. Some are easy like Emma and Sarah who just need 3+ points. Trish requires seeing her Day 6 scene and Madison requires 3+ points and her eavesdropping scene
  • Of the girls whose req. are met (active routes), then the game chooses the two girls with the highest points earned
  • In the case of a tie, a hidden priority value is checked for each scene with the lower value getting chosen. In this example the priorities are Sarah (4), Emma (3), Trish (2) and Madison (1). So if there's a tie between Madison and Emma's points, Madison's choice would be offered
In simple terms, the game checks for the routes that you're most active in and offers scenes for those girls. This is how all future branches are coded and the result should be a story where slowly the girls you're less interested in will be offered less and less.
So basically it means that "most" choices are removed from the game from day 8 onward and if you messed up before you have (almost) no way to recover ? And if for example I played Madison but non exclusively, I may not have the choice to switch back to her ?
Waouh I'm glad I know how to secure my early choices then.

By the way could you please add save game naming? I's really hard to keep tab of each route saved otherwise, unless using external reference of course.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So basically it means that "most" choices are removed from the game from day 8 onward and if you messed up before you have (almost) no way to recover ? And if for example I played Madison but non exclusively, I may not have the choice to switch back to her ?
Waouh I'm glad I know how to secure my early choices then.

By the way could you please add save game naming? I's really hard to keep tab of each route saved otherwise, unless using external reference of course.
You can rename the save pages.
This is something UncleVT taught me, probably not known by a lot of people when they first start using Ren'Py. Click just to the right of something like "Page 1" and you'll get a cursor, like this: |
Change the page name to identify the route you want, like "Madison Route — Pg 20" or whatever.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
This is something UncleVT taught me, probably not known by a lot of people when they first start using Ren'Py. Click just to the right of something like "Page 1" and you'll get a cursor, like this: |
Change the page name to identify the route you want, like "Madison Route — Pg 20" or whatever.
Thanks, good to know. I'll go to sleep a little less ignorant tonight. ;)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
i got it!!!! EUREKA!!! Penny is an Imperium Kill-Droid sent back to find the element-174 crystal..then kill Zoey!!!! thats why she's so wonky in the noggin :p
Quick one for you, Rob. Which game is the one in your sig "WVM", please?
Seen it on a few ppl's sigs and wanted to know more.
Sorry, completely off-topic.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I don't think she's dumb, if you listen to some of the plot by one of the girls it mentions robots in the future, I think she's one of those. It has a certain Terminator type feel to the plot only the future people were wiped out by a virus not Skynet.

1 girl sent back to stop the virus from happening and a robot sent back to stop her.
Or another girl from the future -- some of her ditziness could be lack of context.

I'm wondering if some of Zoey's squeamishness about getting closer to MC -- her interest in his DNA -- is that she's worried he's her great-great-great...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Quick one for you, Rob. Which game is the one in your sig "WVM", please?
Seen it on a few ppl's sigs and wanted to know more.
Sorry, completely off-topic.
Obviously I'm not Rob, but it's this game: https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-day-1-4-v0-4-6-braindrop.35910/

Basically, you're a really talented basketball star who could've gone to any school to play in college, but you chose the worst school, WVM. In gratitude, you're granted a ton of privileges, and you begin a long journey of loving the ladies . . . uh, "helping" people. ;)

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
This is a bloody excellent game, name totally put me off for ages. Few games here give such a wide variety of outcomes as a result of your choices, definitely on my watch list now

Reactions: KnottyGames

DaweFan69

Jun 25, 2019
This game has the most potential right now out of all new games. My only complaint is the resolution being like 720p or lower. Is there a way to make it more HD ?

Also, im kinda worried about the large amount of choices we already have and varied paths. I dont think the author will be able to keep up since how there's like 15 choices to make in the first 2 updates alot and paths are already wildly branching out

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JRHSVDJDSB

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
The dev has posted regularly on his patreon, and though the last one dates back to January 23rd (a long time ago?), isnt a bit early for such "omg, its dying" comments?;)
I'm just asking because I remember this getting tons of updates in autumn but I haven't seen one for a while

Reactions: DaweFan69
3.80 star(s) 40 Votes