Jacktron1

Mar 22, 2019
So haven't really played this game for a while and since the Ntr tag is gone i assume it's no longer part of the game

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
This Game is soo good. Even i dont go for all Girls, only Katy, Homes,Penny, Emma, Jules and Cloe. And while Katy is my nr1. Cloe becomes more and more loveabel. :love: Omg, i was a little bit crying by myself. She is sooo cute, i hope we are able to cure her.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
A great update, and there's a lot in here that I like, though the focus was on some of the more "side" love interests this time. Here are my thoughts:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@ Those who play several routes and/or have started over between versions: what's your experience so far? Does the overlap detract from subsequent playthroughs or is it overall different enough to still feel fresh on your 4th run?
This is a difficult question to answer. I usually don't like the type of games that force you to replay a lot to get all the content, but Element-174 is one that I don't mind that design choice – for the most part at least. What drew me in during repeated playthroughs is that most of the characters have very compelling and interesting backstories, so learning about them and their motivations keeps me wanting to get to the next event. That doesn't really create a "fresh" story though...more like a "wow, I would have never thought this was going on at the same time as all that other crazy stuff" kind of way. I don't know if you're familiar with it, but the concept reminds me a lot of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in the way so many improbable and unusual plotlines are woven together.

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
Assumptions:
If the goal is to see all scenes of the girls we're interested in, there can only one per playthrough, since the game will increasingly limit our choices until some scenes of our chosen girls will conflict. While it may be possible to fulfill the minimal requirements to keep 2-3 routes open till the end, only one of them will be 'content complete'.

So, say there's 3 girls we were interested in, there would be no point having them in the same run, since we'd want to see all their scenes - without spoiling halve of their route only to have to give up on them eventually. So it boils down to 1 'main interest' and an assortment of fillers (characters we don't really care for). Best case scenario the filler chars turn out to be so interesting we want to see their routes. So, back to square 1: either keep that save and (eventually) play week 4 based on an incomplete run for side-char X, or start a new save for that char to see all their scenes.
In order to see every possible ending (and all preceding content), there will be need to be 16 full playthroughs. You are right that eventually all routes will be narrowed down to 1 by the start of week 3. However, the choices you make up to that point still have an effect on that main route (including the choices you made with other girls). Which leads us to..."

Questions:
Are there unique events that will trigger only for specific character constellations (only if close to X + Y + Z)?
It was introduced briefly a few updates ago, but progressing down two character's routes starting at week 2 allows for what I'm calling sub-routes here. A current example of this is being on Jules and Chloe's routes and agreeing to corrupt Chloe. This opens up additional scenes between the two of them, as well as having an effect on their endings. You can play each girl without these sub-routes, but these sub-routes usually run parallel up until week 3. Each girl is designed to have at least 2 sub-routes which they share with another character.

Got a certain vibe from it, so I'll just ask: are you planning to incorporate mechanics similar to Save the Date, Undertale, DDLC, etc. I.e. when it's eventually completable, will things change subtly on subsequent playthroughs based on what we experienced in prior runs or is it more along the lines of player-knowledge (as in Slouching towards Bedlam, Alabaster, Rematch, etc) allowing us to read between the lines, while 'MC' remains none-the-wiser. Or am I just way off here?
With the story involving time-travel there definitely is room for a NewGame+ where the MC does have knowledge of the previous playthrough. Once I get close to the game's endings, I'll decide about implementing that feature then. I do already have the desire to go back and add additional scenes/content/sub-routes once all the full routes are completed (provided I'm not completely burned out by the end). In case you couldn't tell, I'm fascinated by the ideas of "But what if this happened instead?" in storytelling.

Si3tWa4r

Aug 14, 2018
I wish that you could name the saves. At the moment I have a separate document so I know which save is for each girl.
While we can not name the saves themselves, like in most (all?) Renpy games it IS possible to names the save pages. To do this just click on page name (e.g. Page 1) and you should be able to rename it.

Last edited:

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
I wish that you could name the saves. At the moment I have a separate document so I know which save is for each girl.
This was a feature I tried adding months ago, but couldn't get working properly. I'm not the greatest Ren'py coder so if anyone knows how to easily implement this, feel free to message me and I can see about adding it in this next update.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Why did you disable the UI overlay? Even the command 'suppress_overlay=False' does not work. What logical reason could one possibly have to disable this UI and not allow players to use Ren'py's own Auto-Forward function? Mind = boggled

Reactions: Kangarodilido

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
Why did you disable the UI overlay? Even the command 'suppress_overlay=False' does not work. What logical reason could one possibly have to disable this UI and not allow players to use Ren'py's own Auto-Forward function? Mind = boggled
Which overlay is this? If it's something that's been disabled since the start then I don't really remember what it used to look like.

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes