Mod Element-174 Walkthrough Mod [0.20_6] [crabsinthekitchen]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Updated.

Detailed changelog:
  • Highlight new choices. Well, if you somehow got to day 14 and still have to choose between girls, I'm actually impressed
  • Show the max available points on the character screen. This gets updated whenever the time on the in-game clock changes because updating it when you actually get or miss a point would be too much work, there's hundreds of labels which I would need to track for every character, instead of just calculating the max points based on time, which I only need to do 10 times per character. So occasionally it will look like you're missing points with some character even though you're not. For example, on Day 2 Afternoon you can get 2 points with Isabella, and as soon as the clock shows Day 2 Afternoon, if you look at her character card, it will show 1/3 points, because the other option was showing 3/1 when you actually get these points but the clock hasn't advanced to Evening yet
  • Show if the route is open or closed on the character screen. Well, this part definitely works starting from Day 9 but before that not really because I'm still working on that

AJ110

Jun 9, 2020
I have been trying to download this MOD but there seems to be a problem. The links do not have any content. It might be me having a bad day if so I apologize.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
not sure, can you show any screenshots of what's happening? I tried opening the MEGA link in the incognito mode and it works.

Noxyfoxy

Sep 23, 2020
Don't know exactly what's happening shows up in settings but doesn't work I don't know what could be the issue

Nijuichi21

Jan 31, 2019
The walkthrough mod doesn't seem to work. I can't see any character portrait whenever i choose something.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
updated the mod, hopefully now it will be easier to see if it's enabled or not
also fixed some in-game bugs in the "patch" section, including the bug with Penny ending triggering when it shouldn't

Arcticus12

Dec 10, 2018
EDIT: Fixed! Thanks haha

Hi there, great mod, makes this game much easier to navigate. However, I'm getting an error whenever any of Penny's choices come up on Day 14 - saying that it can't find the image "penny_required.png". I can ignore the error but then the game makes the choice for me, which isn't what I want. I've tried locating the image file in case it was just a naming issue but I can't actually find any at all, so I'm not too sure what's going on there. I haven't had any other issues until Day 14 - I've been following Katy's route as well as Madison and Penny. Thanks!

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Hi there, great mod, makes this game much easier to navigate. However, I'm getting an error whenever any of Penny's choices come up on Day 14 - saying that it can't find the image "penny_required.png". I can ignore the error but then the game makes the choice for me, which isn't what I want. I've tried locating the image file in case it was just a naming issue but I can't actually find any at all, so I'm not too sure what's going on there. I haven't had any other issues until Day 14 - I've been following Katy's route as well as Madison and Penny. Thanks!
It should be fixed in the update I just uploaded. If not, you can turn off the mod on Day 14 night and it should let you pick the choice, there's only two choices and they're both obvious

Reactions: Arcticus12

Spoely

May 14, 2017

everything up to the first # needs to be deleted for the Mega-link to be working :)

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen
Jan 28, 2019
So, I have a big issue with this mod.

Namely... if I'm playing the game for the first time, I have no idea who the girls are. Seeing the portraits doesn't help me know which paths to follow, because I don't know if I CARE about locking out girls paths yet.
I suppose that isn't a mod problem at all, as much as a game issue for not introducing characters yet, but it makes making choices confusing.

What might be a mod issue is, even if I take paths towards one character, what if I make some other choice where they are grey boardered, and end up short on points to continue their story somehow?
On the dev side of things, I think there should be events/options to re-gain points somehow, but that isn't a mod issue.
On the mod side of things, I wonder if it would be possible to select a "chosen girl" route, where you pick a girl, and choices that advance her story are highlighted, choices that don't matter are left plain, and choices that would kill the route are greyed out.

even with the mod, I feel like I keep restarting the game, because I'm somehow messing up.

Jan 28, 2019
So, ignoring my previous post (all things I can work out), I do have a question. Maybe it's a bug?

When checking the character's tab, the heart shows points, and it is either colored in or not. I'm ASSUMING that not colored in means that path has ended.
So, day 12, afternoon, I was at a choice to see Jules or Ash.
Both options were RED, so I assumed taking one would end the other's path. I had 4/8 with Jules, and 7/9 with Ash.
It seemed my points with Ash were too high to lose her path, so I did the Jules option.

By day 13 afternoon, I'm 6/9 with Jules. Still 7/9 with Ash. But in Ash's character tab, her heart is still colored in. So, did I NOT lose her path? If not, great! But then I don't know why both options were in red. I get my points with Jules might have been low enough to end her path if I went Ash, but Ash still SEEMS active, I think....

edit: So, I saved my Jules save, and went back to the choice, and picked Ash. After the Ash scene played out, and we went to day 13 afternoon, Jules, in her character screen, was had her heart greyed out.

So, in summery, despite the choice on day 12 afternoon being Jules or Ash (both RED), picking Ash did end the Jules path, but picking Jules did NOT, seemingly, end the Ash path.

Not sure if crabs finds this helpful or just annoying at this point, but just sharing in case.

Edit 2, my last one, I swear:
So, first thing. Despite continuing Jules' path, I still spent Sunday morning with Ash, had the arcade scene, mislead Holmes, and sealed the deal.
Second thing?
I do not know if this is a game bug, or something that the mod scripting affected, which is why I mention it here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've been commenting a lot, so thanks for bearing with me.

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
So, ignoring my previous post (all things I can work out), I do have a question. Maybe it's a bug?

When checking the character's tab, the heart shows points, and it is either colored in or not. I'm ASSUMING that not colored in means that path has ended.
So, day 12, afternoon, I was at a choice to see Jules or Ash.
Both options were RED, so I assumed taking one would end the other's path. I had 4/8 with Jules, and 7/9 with Ash.
It seemed my points with Ash were too high to lose her path, so I did the Jules option.

By day 13 afternoon, I'm 6/9 with Jules. Still 7/9 with Ash. But in Ash's character tab, her heart is still colored in. So, did I NOT lose her path? If not, great! But then I don't know why both options were in red. I get my points with Jules might have been low enough to end her path if I went Ash, but Ash still SEEMS active, I think....

edit: So, I saved my Jules save, and went back to the choice, and picked Ash. After the Ash scene played out, and we went to day 13 afternoon, Jules, in her character screen, was had her heart greyed out.

So, in summery, despite the choice on day 12 afternoon being Jules or Ash (both RED), picking Ash did end the Jules path, but picking Jules did NOT, seemingly, end the Ash path.
ok, I made the Ash choice red because the walkthrough in the previous version said it was a necessary point and she didn't have any scenes on Day 13 so I thought it's over. Since she still has a scene on Day 14 even if you miss it, I'll probably change it to green because it's probably important but maybe not necessary

I do not know if this is a game bug, or something that the mod scripting affected, which is why I mention it here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've been commenting a lot, so thanks for bearing with me.
Are you sure you're using the latest version of the mod? I thought I fixed it last weekend :unsure:. the file name should have 0.20_2 in it
And there is a bug in the current version of the game, where your choice in the final fight doesn't matter if Penny has enough points. I suggested that at least the wording should be changed to remove "heeded my advice" part if you told Zoey to kill the Stranger but if you think she should die even if she has a lot of points I suggest mentioning it in the game thread

Reactions: humanstickobserver

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Big news. Next game update (just released on Patreon) will have this mod as a part of the game. So you don't need to download the mod unless I update it in the future with a better closed routes system

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
all bugs that the patch mod was fixing were fixed by Knotty so I removed it because it doesn't do anything anymore

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
Nice to see a WT mod already primed and ready to go already. dev thanks and also a really minor complaint: can you make your signature on these forums just a slight bit smaller because it adds a scrolling bar to the middle of the page and I got stuck there twice :p

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote