Mod Element-174 Walkthrough Mod [0.20_6] [crabsinthekitchen]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
ah damn it looks like pictures have to be on the same line to not do that. ok, looks like I'm left with my original logo until I figure it out

Reactions: derpdurp

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
well, that won't be easy because I have no idea why it doesn't show up :HideThePain: looks like I need to delete all of my saves and persistent file to try to reproduce it

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'll do a complete fresh install also, deleting everything
If you didn't delete anything yet, there's probably no need for that. I think I understand why it might not show up, I'll try to work on it some more and send you an updated file that prints more stuff to the console (probably doesn't fix it yet, just helps me understand why it might not work). There might be something going on with how RenPy predicts screens that makes it work for me but not for you

Reactions: Famescua

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'll do a complete fresh install also, deleting everything
Ok, so here is the file. If it's not downloaded when you click the link, right click and "Save as..." should work. You also need to remove the numbers from the file name. In the Element-174\game folder, create a folder called crabs_mods and put the file there. Then start a new game and you can skip until the first choice or load a save and skip until the next choice that should show something. If it still doesn't show anything (I changed something so if the issue was where I think it was it should be fixed), open the console (Shift+O) and send me a screenshot, it should write some information that tells me if the code is executed at all

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Ok, so here is the file. If it's not downloaded when you click the link, right click and "Save as..." should work. You also need to remove the numbers from the file name. In the Element-174\game folder, create a folder called crabs_mods and put the file there. Then start a new game and you can skip until the first choice or load a save and skip until the next choice that should show something. If it still doesn't show anything (I changed something so if the issue was where I think it was it should be fixed), open the console (Shift+O) and send me a screenshot, it should write some information that tells me if the code is executed at all
Still won't work. Oh well I'll just have to use the written walkthrough. I thank you for trying though.

20211115_123118.jpg

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Still won't work. Oh well I'll just have to use the written walkthrough. I thank you for trying though.

View attachment 1501906
Damn that's weird . My screen that is supposed to override the default one is not showing up. And it's even weirder if the mod section shows up in settings because they are supposed to work the same.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm, what link did you download it from? Maybe my version from Patreon is somehow different

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Damn that's weird . My screen that is supposed to override the default one is not showing up. And it's even weirder if the mod section shows up in settings because they are supposed to work the same.
Hmm, what link did you download it from? Maybe my version from Patreon is somehow different
I downloaded it off this thread on the first page

Gamer_01

Dec 16, 2019
crabsinthekitchen, I think I might have figured out the problem.
It seems like it might have something to do with this sort of thing:
"x", "normal", True
"x", "normal" if y else "required", True

Might have to be:
"x_normal", True
"x_normal" if y else "x_required", True

x - being the name of the character
y - being another variable

I am not a coder just got bored and curious.
I have no idea if that will work.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Found the code that doesn't work on Android. Looks like I need to write my own implementation of if I want to make it work.
Well, there's an easier way, but essentially JoiPlay cannot work with Python modules. So, while it won't be that difficult to fix, it makes the next part I'm working on (check out the game discord) unlikely to work

the stuff that doesn't work
Python:
import traceback
stack_trace = str(traceback.format_stack(limit=3))

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Good news for Android, I managed to make it work. Although punching choice has pictures going beyond the borders
Screenshot_20211215-233103_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

Oh yeah, see that crystal icon at the top? I remembered playing Wicked Choices. So when you click that crystal, you'll see this
screenshot0003.png
This shows all scenes that are in the game. Once you've made some choice, you'll see some parts becoming black, which means you can't reach these scenes anymore
screenshot0004.png
I thought about doing it the way it's usually done, where it would be empty at first and highlight scenes once you reach them, showing you the path that you took, but
  1. Since the first few decisions can block several routes, it seems better to highlight what gets unavailable with each choice, instead of keeping people guessing how to get a scene
  2. When this screen is opened, I have no idea where exactly you are in the game and figuring that out would be even more complicated than doing what I've done
Since the icons are rather small and don't exactly tell you what they mean, when you hover over them (or tap them on Android), you'll get a bigger version of the icon and the text explaining what it is or what you need to do
Hopefully, the update will come before next year

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
  1. Fixed a crash on Jenna's character screen on Week 1
  2. Fixed tooltips not showing up on Android Gamer_01 Famescua
  3. Added a screen that shown compatible subroutes. There's a "Show compatible routes" button on every character screen now
  4. Added a screen that shows the scenes you can see based on the decisions you've made. There's a game logo in the upper right corner, clicking on it or pressing "W" should open that screen
    1. Some scenes appear more than once because on week 2 some scenes can be seen at different times
    2. Sometimes it shows more than one scene for the same character because the scene you'll get depends on other scenes you've seen
    3. Sometimes the branches do not get deactivated immediately. For example if you ignore Zoey, the branch where you give her a pen will only get deactivated when the class ends, I can't fix that. But if the branch is still not deactivated when you get to next decision, that's a bug and it shouldn't work that way

Reactions: Famescua

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
MOD UPDATE:
  1. Fixed a crash on Jenna's character screen on Week 1
  2. Fixed tooltips not showing up on Android Gamer_01 Famescua
  3. Added a screen that shown compatible subroutes. There's a "Show compatible routes" button on every character screen now
  4. Added a screen that shows the scenes you can see based on the decisions you've made. There's a game logo in the upper right corner, clicking on it or pressing "W" should open that screen
    1. Some scenes appear more than once because on week 2 some scenes can be seen at different times
    2. Sometimes it shows more than one scene for the same character because the scene you'll get depends on other scenes you've seen
    3. Sometimes the branches do not get deactivated immediately. For example if you ignore Zoey, the branch where you give her a pen will only get deactivated when the class ends, I can't fix that. But if the branch is still not deactivated when you get to next decision, that's a bug and it shouldn't work that way
Thank you for your hard work!

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
Fixed the bug where it would crash if you hover over the icon at the start or the end of the flowchart
Removed tons of empty space from the character screens.
Fixed incorrect max points for Sarah, Jenna and Chloe
Character screens are now accessible by pressing "C"

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
Starting from version 0.20c the latest version of the mod is included in the game

Overview:

This mod adds hints that highlight decisions necessary to get full points with a girl of your choice.​

Updated:2021-12-23
Game/Creator: Element-174 / KnottyGames
Modder: crabsinthekitchen
Mod Version: 0.20_6
Game Version: 0.20b
Language: English

Features:
  • Adds girl portraits to important decisions, helping you to get full points with a girl. Some portraits are color-coded. If the portrait has a red border, making this choice is required to keep the girl's route open (Katy, Isabella and Trish routes depend on the very first choice). If the border is green, the choice is important but you will have another chance to get that scene later (only becomes relevant on week 2). If portrait has no border (well, I guess it has gray one by default), you will just get a point and maybe a sex scene

• Show closed routes and adds a compatible subroutes button to character screen
  • Adds interactive flowchart that shows available scenes and gets updated as you progress through the game, the flowchart is accessible by clicking on the button at the top of the screen or pressing "W"
    • Sometimes the same scene icon appears more than once. That's because on week 2 some scenes can be seen at different times. For example, the same scene with Chloe can be seen either on day 9 or on day 11. Another example is on day 12 morning, If you're on Isabella's route and you've already seen the workout scene with her, you'll get a scene where you go to her soccer game. Otherwise you'll get a workout scene

• Fixes bugs from the game

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:
Please updaate your mod for v. 0.21 b. :)

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote