Ireonox

Sep 30, 2017
making this animal feed dunno how to get herbivorous bowl, I've made it thru the cave and a couple quests with yella but haven't unlocked the animals yet. HALP

EDIT: literally just hit a dead end, can't make alchemy table b/c I can't make herbivorous bowl/salad/honey roast
did you unlock it through the research tree? should be able to make it at the workbench after yea?

3rd tab down on the research chart (the book in the top right) where you unlock seeds and what not, to the right of the grass seeds and chicken coop is the herbivorous feed bowl, right before the egg

the bowl itself is in the normal workbench with everything else you make.

Last edited:

Ireonox

Sep 30, 2017
Well the auto milker is nice, that was a complaint I had when i played. Milking all of your elves like 3 times a day was tedious.

Dont think I'll redownload it to see what that logger does, the description doesnt help lmao, "you can get wood by yourself", yes I was alreary doing that, with an axe. Dont know if its assignable to a helper or elf or if it just auto harvests trees on the farm or if it just generates logs from nothing, but I think just being able to like give an axe to someone where theyd go around cutting the trees on your farm would work.

Auto slaughterer also confuses me, sure it says only males but dont you need a breeding pair to continue making new livestock (minus chickens)((I never checked if only female livestock would still occasionally produce offspring)) if it just keeps dunking males and the females cant breed then the pigs are pretty useless still, doesnt automate well. and the cows run into a similar issue, females keep producing milk but without a stud it cant keep generating slaughterable cattle. Unless you can tag one for exemption. Also I'm guessing it doesnt target the wild rabbits probably? Still have to do that manually I'm guessing

Guessing the storage machine is just chesty from dont starve that connects to your main storage. Now the question is does it follow you as a mobile repository or does it function like a maid and go around picking things up itself

If you've played since the update can you tell me if my guesses are accurate or if I wildly missed the mark?
So I did end up redownloading to see the new stuff, here's what I found with the new items:

Auto-milker does what it says on the tin, your elven slaves will milk themselves whenever the need arises and the dropped milk will be carried to the chest, milk produced by hand milking will still remain on the ground with nobody coming to pick it up.

Auto-logger will harvest any grown trees on your farm when they are full grown, carrying whatever would have dropped from them to the chest so there's no need for anybody to go pick them up

auto-slaughterer in fact does only target the male's of our livestock traveling to them, slicing them, and carrying what would have dropped to the box itself, will not target the farms daily respawning rabbits. 2.01 patch notes stated it fixed the machine dealing damage to fences but I was still losing fences if what it was harvesting was too close to a fence. I never really manually restocked my cow farm with my elves and it just kept shitting out calves so I'm guessing you don't actually need a genuine breeding pair for it to pump out new ones, unless the males that grew up got busy real fast lmao, I am genuinely unsure of what's happening with it, but it seems a single cow just produces some every so often, I got impatient and added another calf and then checked back a minute-ish and there was a second calf so either there just needs to be 1 adult cow and any other cow in the pen regardless of age or the single cow just pops em out.

storage machine cannot be interacted with by the player so it's not a mobile storage box, it's basically a maid that doesn't have to make a return trip to the box so you can safely dismiss the maids in favor for more farmers if you were holding off because feeding everyone was getting to be too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: LucLore

vidyaa

Mar 6, 2018
Pretty decent game, got hooked for a while. Very much like Don't Starve. I feel like the girls have a "same face syndrome" going on though.

The machines are lifesavers. Especially that storage machine, I had about 100 flour on the floor and it hoovered all that up. I also saw it harvests the crops you grow! Amazing. The milking machine eliminates a pain in the arse job, so that's a must-have as soon as you can get it.

I actually died to wolves once, and I didn't realise you get thrown back to the title screen when you get a game over. Lost about 2 hours of progress. Then I discovered there's an auto-save feature. :LOL:

Did all the quests and completed the airship on day 50!

saksalol

Mar 11, 2020
did you unlock it through the research tree? should be able to make it at the workbench after yea?

3rd tab down on the research chart (the book in the top right) where you unlock seeds and what not, to the right of the grass seeds and chicken coop is the herbivorous feed bowl, right before the egg

the bowl itself is in the normal workbench with everything else you make.
thanks! I hadn't unlocked the breeding manual, didn't realize I could just place the elf down... lulz SMH

Rakasob

Apr 13, 2019
yo where she lookin' at
FtfM3ylakAEJKBT.jpg
Though i like management pregnancy farm games, I need more like this.

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
any know how do get farmer on your farm i have the contracts but can't give it to the maid
worker? there is a maids and workers. Buy them in the village. Go to your farm. right mouse click on them in inventory and place theme somewhere in your farm. To fire them you need to craft item and use on them.

Besharia

May 6, 2018
What's the difference between Contract and Maid Contract that Seely sells? Because I purchased a Contract and placed the girl on my farm and she is pretty much dead weight. While the named elves are slaying the workload.

Also what do I put in the herbivous food bowl to feed my chickens?

Ireonox

Sep 30, 2017
What's the difference between Contract and Maid Contract that Seely sells? Because I purchased a Contract and placed the girl on my farm and she is pretty much dead weight. While the named elves are slaying the workload.

Also what do I put in the herbivous food bowl to feed my chickens?
Contracts do the village girls right? They specifically interact with the farm plots (planting, watering[getting water from the wells], and harvesting) and livestock(feeding and watering them). I believe the maids just pick up loose items and take them to the chest, stuff like flour that pops out of the mill or the wood from trees you chop down, they might also put food onto the feeding table that you designate can be put onto the table.

Herbivorous food bowls need grass feed you get from the grass grinder. Throw the grinder down and put in stuff like grass, which you can grow on farm plots, herbs i think, and maybe wheat?

Besharia

May 6, 2018
How do I get large meat pieces? I want to say I need to raise Pios but I'm not sure. Not even sure how to feed them because who ever developed this game did not give you the ability to review tutorials and information as needed.

Ireonox

Sep 30, 2017
How do I get large meat pieces? I want to say I need to raise Pios but I'm not sure. Not even sure how to feed them because who ever developed this game did not give you the ability to review tutorials and information as needed.
Large meat pieces are from the pigs and cows, pigs need carnivorous feed from a meat grinder and carnivorous feed bowl. you can review the tutorials on one of the buttons on the top right iirc. might be the gamepad looking one, I don't remember which button in the top right but one of em opens up the pages for the tutorial

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Large meat pieces are from the pigs and cows, pigs need carnivorous feed from a meat grinder and carnivorous feed bowl. you can review the tutorials on one of the buttons on the top right iirc. might be the gamepad looking one, I don't remember which button in the top right but one of em opens up the pages for the tutorial
Ok I got some coming in. How do I pick up animals who are already spawned (non-item). The Auto Slaughterer broke my fence trying to get the creature and now I can't pick them up to move them back into the pen.

Ireonox

Sep 30, 2017
Ok I got some coming in. How do I pick up animals who are already spawned (non-item). The Auto Slaughterer broke my fence trying to get the creature and now I can't pick them up to move them back into the pen.
You can't pick up the already spawned animals, best bet is to just try and push them back in through the fence gate, but it's just easier to slaughter them and get new ones.

BlackGod

Jun 17, 2017
The game isn't completed yet and still has more update, the latest is v2.06 on Steam, mostly about bug fix though.

2.90 star(s) 15 Votes