broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
Compressed version 1.0 of the game

Reactions: ph33rg0d

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Elfs From Elsewhere [v1.0] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 127mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Not a single choice in game other than naming yourself. It's not really a game it's more like a VN with one single animation. You don't do anything with the elves in fact your MC wants to whack em lol. Some bs story about a dude with personality issues. Doesn't do anything for me.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Tolkien is sometimes credited for this as making English more consistent, but he was actually perpetuating an inconsistency.
I dunno, if not for dudes like him maybe we'd still be speaking old English. :whistle::coffee:
If Tolkien thought it's better for it to be 'Elves' rather than 'Elfs' then i am inclined to trust him.

Aug 25, 2017
I dunno, if not for dudes like him maybe we'd still be speaking old English. :whistle::coffee:
If Tolkien thought it's better for it to be 'Elves' rather than 'Elfs' then i am inclined to trust him.
Old English hasn't been spoken since before the Viking era; England was speaking Modern English by the time it set up its American colonies. Beowulf is written in Old English, Canterbury Tales is Middle English, and Shakespeare is Modern English. Technical terminology aside, you're wrong in that Tolkien wasn't really pushing language forward; he kinda went out of his way to make his writing style something he considered timeless - no "thou hast" but no "hey guys" either - and it's debatable how much influence he actually had on the way people speak today, but I'd say English by the 21st century had gone in some ways the opposite of how Tolkien preferred to write.

Now, throughout the 1800s and some of the 1900s academic culture was overtly trying to make English more Latin - I myself had a teacher around 2007 or so tell a whole class that English was part of the Romance language family, when pretty much every linguist today will tell you it's Germanic - and you could say that Tolkien was a significant influence in pushing back for a more Germanic English. If you read other famous ME authors, especially Poe, you'll notice that their extensive educational origins incentivized the accumulation and utilization of exceedingly multi-syllabic and almost exclusively cis-alpine vocabulary, whereas Tolkien mostly liked to use good, simple, everyday Germanic English words, which makes his stuff easier to read for common folk even today, but could make him sound a bit old-timey, especially when he throws in already archaic words like "whither" and "thither" and "hitherto." It's why Tolkien's world has a Race of Men instead of a Species of Humans - same meaning, different linguistic origins - but most post-Tolkien fantasy worlds have a Race of Humans, taking some of his style for certain things and going the opposite direction for other things.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote