BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
I see, it's like a modded skyrim in a sense, with massively broader range but 2D... Okay I'll try it.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Is there a way to put liquids into empty bottles? Like how would you go about bottling up water to drink later?

I had my character drink pee off the floor just to see if I could but I'd rather carry around a couple of drinks. In this game I feel like you could get addicted to drinking pee.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Is there a way to put liquids into empty bottles? Like how would you go about bottling up water to drink later?

I had my character drink pee off the floor just to see if I could but I'd rather carry around a couple of drinks. In this game I feel like you could get addicted to drinking pee.
Pretty sure the only purpose of empty bottles is to mix them with a well/fountain for random potions and blessed water if you do it on the well in the snow town.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019

Think you get a canteen by talking to the npcs in your house that give you the tutorial quest and saying that they should leave. They also give you a few more useful items as a parting gift. You can also just turn off thirst in the tweaks (esc menu) if you're using custom.

Last edited:

lopezero

Nov 25, 2017
1: Is your pcc_body_2 in graphics/PCCs okay first off? It should be 128x192 size, 24 bit depth, bmp, and "Do not write color space information" should be checked when exporting from gimp under Compatibility Options (That's the part that can easily be missed and cause issues). You shouldn't be seeing the blue/green there for starters, which makes me think you're using a sprite that isn't 24 bit or something, so the game is picking up what is supposed to turn into a transparent background? Try setting the pants, clothes, hairs and accessories to 0 as well, they are probably fucked and blocking the body with their backgrounds since they layer on top of it and could be what causes the entire body to disappear like that. If the issue persists even when all of those are at 0 and your PCC body 2 is okay, might be trickier to figure out what's going on.

Here's an example of what you should save the files as in gimp btw:

View attachment 2229629

2: What graphics packs have you tried adding? There may be compatibility issues with old packs before some of those save options were needed. I think the old school Elona didn't require the compatibility option to be checked, so old graphics packs probably need to be modified.
1. It seems to be ok. I mean it is on the values that you've said to be on so nothing should've been wrong on that front. Now I didn't export using gimp so I will try that and come back to you.

1670855920922.png

2. I didn't download anything extra actually, It was a fresh install.

Edit: I just needed to destroy the oldPCCs folder in graphics.

Last edited:

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
- It's in complete packs. You can also reach a good beginner guide from that site, the "Main Guide" linked there. Those should really be linked in the OP.

The "All-in-One" mod there is misleading, it's mostly face portraits. The Monstergirl/Beautify packs PCC sprites with it, unlike the All-in-one that is NPC/static sprites only. The monstergirl/beautify comes with over 100 PCC bodies (Including some nude options), adds a shit ton of clothes fixes for the new sprites, adds more hair and subhair, new eyes, etc, etc. It also comes with like a bajillion face portraits, though the game can only handle so many so you have to rename some if you want to use them.

The whatever works has very little content as well, it seems the monstergirl/beautify is the main thing updated. It will make things a bit more anime by default and turns most the monsters into cute monster girls...so you've gotta decide if that's okay. The amount of shit it adds is tremendous though. One of the best thing is that it adds some PCC sprites for popular characters like the younger/little sisters, and Black Angel god pet, so they'll actually be able to spin around. It also adds a lot of popular anime waifus, Hestia, Aqua from Konsuba, the Nekopara chicks, some SAO chicks, Fate girls, some animal eared girls, etc, etc.

TLDR for other peeps here: Best thing to DL there is probably the Monstergirl/Beautify pack if you don't want to wade through a million downloads to find out what they all do. Also remember if you use a PCC sprite that's clothed by default, you'll need to find a dresser and turn off showing their currently equipped gear or it will overlap.
The packs here say they're for versions 2.12 or 2.13, do they work with the 2.14 version available in the OP?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
The packs here say they're for versions 2.12 or 2.13, do they work with the 2.14 version available in the OP?
Yeah, they should be almost completely compatible. Worst case scenario is the pack is missing like 1-2 a handful of sprites, which you can manually alter in. I think I've only seen one item in the monstergirl/beautify pack missing a sprite so far (And it's just some random shop item). Just compare the item.bmp in the mod to the default game and copy and paste the new default stuff into the mod item.bmp. The makers are usually careful not to shift things around, they only add new sprites to empty areas, so graphics mods all stay semi compatible through close version numbers.

Edit: Actually I just checked the item.bmps and I don't think the monstergirl/beautify modifies existing items at all, so you can just copy the 2.14 version into your modded version. 2.14 adds about 15 sprites. No new character sprites were added, so you don't need to worry about that.

Last edited:

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
What are those 'potion plugs' in the menu for alchemist shopkeepers? It looks like you have to invest in their shop to do whatever it is but I can't find any information about the feature on the wiki.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
What are those 'potion plugs' in the menu for alchemist shopkeepers? It looks like you have to invest in their shop to do whatever it is but I can't find any information about the feature on the wiki.
Haven't used it yet, but apparently potion plugs are ammo for the potionman items. Apparently they might even work if given to pets, though they still consume ammo. Might be an interesting way to add extra types of damage.

"Pets now have a 50% chance to use any type of potionman during battle if they have been given one.
  • When they run out of ammo, they will expend a potion plug (potion plug count is shared between the player character and all pets) to refill the ammo to max."

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I think you get one when you use a potion, the only other way I've found to get them is to find a cork pack which gives you 100 of them but I have absolutely zero idea what the alchemist options actually do. All I can think is that it might alter the properties when a potionman fires but I don't know how you'd get that alchemist to affect your plugs. I'd say it is benificial to give a potionman to your pets as it seems to basically give them a free ranged attack every now and then so long as you have plugs.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Does anyone know what the eat from bag option does it wasn't in the version I played years ago so I've got no idea what it's actually meant to do. Because it doesn't seem like it actually lets your pets eat items you stock up in their inventory as it would imply.

Nov 27, 2021
Anyone have a working CE Table for this game laying around? The ones packed with Elosnack don't seem to work unless I'm doing something wrong with'em.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
P.S: Just learned prostitute pets can sex random people in town in Elona. You can be a pimp too I guess, lol. New career path unlocked.

Elin will probably never release. It's been 'in development' for like 12 years.
Clarification here: Elin, being the sequel of Elona has only been in development directly for I think 3 years now. The dev has worked on various other projects and I think wasn't originally planning on going right for an Elona sequel. I don't even think he originally planned for Elin to be a direct sequel, but the steam page mentions that now. Seems at some point since I was last keeping track with the he decided to go for a sequel (Or at least admit it directly). Here's more info on that beyond the reddit:

I trust the dev to release a fairly finished game eventually, though I really hope it'd moddable like Elona as well for people to pick it up down the line. This being his first game up on steam is pretty big news. He's had many finished and unfinished projects but this is the first time he's put stuff up on steam. He doesn't seem to be the type to trick people and bail with people's money like your average Patreon dev basically, lol. That said, the development of the game will probably take quite a while. Not that I mind, that's expected of any open world game with a ton of freedom. The steam video shows that a lot of the systems in game are already fleshed out pretty well. Pretty cool to see all the cities in 2.5D and I think he was wise to keep the npcs as static sprites instead of trying to animate everything. That'll make the game easier to mod as well.

Last edited:

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
P.S: Just learned prostitute pets can sex random people in town in Elona. You can be a pimp too I guess, lol. New career path unlocked.

Clarification here: Elin, being the sequel of Elona has only been in development directly for I think 3 years now. The dev has worked on various other projects and I think wasn't originally planning on going right for an Elona sequel. I don't even think he originally planned for Elin to be a direct sequel, but the steam page mentions that now. Seems at some point since I was last keeping track with the he decided to go for a sequel (Or at least admit it directly). Here's more info on that beyond the reddit:

I trust the dev to release a fairly finished game eventually, though I really hope it'd moddable like Elona as well for people to pick it up down the line. This being his first game up on steam is pretty big news. He's had many finished and unfinished projects but this is the first time he's put stuff up on steam. He doesn't seem to be the type to trick people and bail with people's money like your average Patreon dev basically, lol. That said, the development of the game will probably take quite a while. Not that I mind, that's expected of any open world game with a ton of freedom. The steam video shows that a lot of the systems in game are already fleshed out pretty well. Pretty cool to see all the cities in 2.5D and I think he was wise to keep the npcs as static sprites instead of trying to animate everything. That'll make the game easier to mod as well.
Elin was started around 2013, you can see noa mention it on his blog( ) and there was even some spin-off of it noa started making in 2017 that was different from the Elin he was showcasing on his youtube channel(Which go back to 2016) as he felt he couldn't continue working on it without a dedicated artist at least that's what I remember people saying at the time.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Elin was started around 2013, you can see noa mention it on his blog( ) and there was even some spin-off of it noa started making in 2017 that was different from the Elin he was showcasing on his youtube channel(Which go back to 2016) as he felt he couldn't continue working on it without a dedicated artist at least that's what I remember people saying at the time.
He never says Elin was a sequel to Elona there. You mention yourself that he tends to reuse names for different projects. Just because "Elin" was started in 2013, doesn't mean it's the "Elin" he has on the steam page. Even at the start of this Elin, he didn't confirm it was a sequel immediately. I'm pretty sure he had much smaller goals for it initially from the reddit info.

"Hello everyone, this is a developer of Elona and Elin's Inn. Elin's Inn is a game set in Ylva where you make a new comm and expand it as you like. Fans of Dwarf fortress kind of games(gnomoria, towns, kingdom adventurers etc) might find its gameplay familiar. It has made a good progress last year but lately I'm having some problems such as motivating myself (as always) and thinking about which direction the gameplay should focus. Also, finding bug is getting more and more difficult as the game becomes larger. Elin's Inn is my last attempt on making games and I'd very much appreciate if you can help me with your feedbacks and ideas(and bug reports too).

I will prepare a demo and upload it shortly(hopefully tomorrow). Thanks!"

"There is a bit of history to go over here before I can answer this question. Elin was initially going to be called "Elin's Inn" and was slated to become a Dwarf Fortress-like game where you could oversee the work of your residents while they built and maintained their colonies. At that point in time, the goal of "Elin's Inn" was mainly to build up enough budget to make a sequel to Elona."
That interview was only 4-6 months ago in the 3 years? of development, so the change could have been anytime between there. Basically probably shouldn't get too caught up in the names he uses for projects, lol. Even his second or third "Elin" titled game wasn't immediately a sequel like it is now. And again, first game on steam, so it's different from past projects anyways. He's more confident this time for whatever reason, and the amount of content in it already seems to surpass the incomplete games since Elona. Seems like a good sign to me. He may have a lot of unfinished projects, but he never tried to profit off of them like a lot of devs to my knowledge.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 9 Votes