4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

bobbot

May 10, 2018
It's been like two or three years since I last played but I feel like I remember that every now and then I'd get a dungeon where the rooms ended up generated in a weird way where you couldn't get to the next floor stairs without moving diagonally.
never had that problem. thanks for letting me know about it.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
Guys, does diagonal movement really matters in this game?

I play it on laptop and I don't have numpad. I know I can configure it to other key but it's such pain in the ass since the option is so limited.
don't laptop's usually have a Key marked "Fn"between the Space Bar and the Alt key?

i seem to remember that you get access to a numpad like function when you press that key, and the Key whit the smaller Blue number's on them.

through i guess that function can have changed/removed sins last time i used a Laptop...

It's been like two or three years since I last played but I feel like I remember that every now and then I'd get a dungeon where the rooms ended up generated in a weird way where you couldn't get to the next floor stairs without moving diagonally.
in worst case senario Digg the Wall?

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
Guys, does diagonal movement really matters in this game?

I play it on laptop and I don't have numpad. I know I can configure it to other key but it's such pain in the ass since the option is so limited.
you can hold ALT then you will only attack/move in diagonals

also the newest tweak that was added lets you just hold shift and run up to a wall to automatically dig it, provided your mining skill is high enough. Saves you hundreds of button presses pressing Shift+D or capslocking on then d to dig one by one

Venchi

Feb 21, 2019
Hello any player experience here sin the game doesn't look any hentai game at all?
It's not a hentai game. Just a 'regular game' with a lot of questionable themes (slaves & keeping people as pets, prostitution, procreation, parasite birthing), that has no explicit CG as a hgame would. Simple graphics and ease of modding does make it easy to add nude sprites though. But this is more of a game for the sake of game scenarios.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
Hello any player experience here sin the game doesn't look any hentai game at all?
well it is kind of hard to explain the "Player Experience" really, because the game is kind of a one of a kind game.
(it have a wide warranty of strange and bizarre stuff that can happen...)

but i think this review from "SsethTzeentach" is probably one of the most comprehensible exploitation of the game in a digestible manner, through it is a bit out of date, but it will give you an good idea if the game is fore you or not:

hope you will enjoy the game, there is no other games out there quiet like it as fare as i have seen, so i would personally recommend trying it just to experience it at list once.

Reactions: Jonlissla

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
well it is kind of hard to explain the "Player Experience" really, because the game is kind of a one of a kind game.
(it have a wide warranty of strange and bizarre stuff that can happen...)

but i think this review from "SsethTzeentach" is probably one of the most comprehensible exploitation of the game in a digestible manner, through it is a bit out of date, but it will give you an good idea if the game is fore you or not:

hope you will enjoy the game, there is no other games out there quiet like it as fare as i have seen, so i would personally recommend trying it just to experience it at list once.
There's nothing like it, yes, if you exclude Elin (which is made by same guy and basically Elona's successor in all means despite being a prequel).

Elin gonna open a public beta on November.

Reactions: Evizzy89

chessemchesse

Sep 16, 2023
of all the games i never excepted elona to be posted here,ironically i was playing the game at the same time i found this,f95 algorithm is aware....

Reactions: Fuicol

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
new Version is up at:

change log fore v2.24:

change log fore v2.24Fix:

Edit:
mod update, ONLY use Matching versions of GX whit the corresponding version of Elona+

Elona+ Custom GX 2.24.1.1
For Elona+ 2.24fix

Plushie

Jul 18, 2018
I really want to love this game, but i get stuck not being able to do anything, because i have no real idea of what or how to do it. I often enjoy using magic, but here it seems pretty bad, as it seems to be limited uses only..

BremenMask

May 26, 2017
I really want to love this game, but i get stuck not being able to do anything, because i have no real idea of what or how to do it. I often enjoy using magic, but here it seems pretty bad, as it seems to be limited uses only..
Elona is a fantastic game but it has a pretty steep learning curve. Reading spell books increases the number of uses for a particular spell. There are vendors who sell spellbooks. It's rather easy to get hundreds of used for a spell relatively fast.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
Echoing BremenMask a bit, but you can buy Spell Book's from ether vendors or find them in Dungeon's that you can learn spell's from based on your "Literacy skill", but the problem again whit that is the Limited Number of Charges spell Books and Rod's hold, but there is a trick to it that helps quiet a bit to maintain spell charges from Spell Book's.

if you have the Skill "Magic Device" at level 16 or higher, you gain the ability to use the "Draw Charge" Skill that lets you cannibalize Spell Book's and Rod's you don't need/want to gain "Charges" as a "Resource", that you can again use whit the "Draw Charge" Skill you also gain at level 16 "Magic Device" skill, so you will be able to use 10 of the stored "charges" you have Stocked up to fill a random number of charges to your more rare and expensive spell Book's and Rod's, making it easier to maintain then otherwise able to.
(also Scroll of Recharge also Refill Book/Rod charges but they are single use.)

through be warned refiling Charges do have a small random chance to Destroy your Book/Rod you are trying to Refill depending on your Skill Level, so save-scumming might be a good idea if you have something exceptionally rare to Refill.

the charges from a Wizard's Dream on the other hand is kind of intentional limited considering you can gain a End Game spell the first night in game, so the stock is kind of a limiting factor to make the spell Precious and limited until you gain access to higher level spell shops later in the game (From investing in Spell Shops) or from harder Dungeons.

also the Basic "Magic Dart" is a spell that is quiet common and will last you a LONG time when it comes to Magic Attack's.

also it helps to keep your spell potential up to learn to use the spell more effective up, you can increase it by ether spending some spell skill/spell points on the skill during level up, or use 2 platinum on a wizard that can identify stuff to go to a Spell Lesson's fore searthen School of Magic's to keep the Learning Potential up as well.

hope my rambling of some of the obscure magic mechanic's ware of any help.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Plushie

Plushie

Jul 18, 2018
Thanks for the answers guys. The problem for me, is staying alive long enough to even get to those things. I havent gotten to a point of investing or anything, at least in a way for it to make sense. I know its possible to build stuff in your cave, but i have no idea how. I will try to use the Videos for guidance as suggested by Bremen.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes