Completed Complete [ENG] Suzukuri Karin-chan / Last game of Bunny Black dev team -A Shin Koihime Musou spinoff with gameplay like Arknight [Append patch Available]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Feb 22, 2021

P/s: I'm very glad that my FanTL project attracted some English VN publisher and . I guess I can rest in peace now and start a new PJ in the future. Once again thank you all of those who supported my patch - But I swear if there are any lazy translation terms like "broski" >> I will come back and fix it (^-^) !
P/s 2:Like you guys have seen My Fan Translator Revolution teached some people some very simple lessons about "Dont force/threaten DMCA people have to TL for free like communism" and "FanTLtors have the right to eat too" . I know all of the misinformations they're talking about me ,all the hates and lawsuits threatening >> But just like "The Shield Hero " and "Redo of Healer" animes (my fav lol) ,i will let you guys to decide for yourself "What and Who is the real angel /demon here" .After all every Revolutions on Earth are naturally created only for the Greater good of mankind and True Freedom. I will never force you guys have to like me like these people ,hate me or stays neutral it's your own freedom too.Don't be manipulated - Decide what's right and worth to fighting for like I did- Let the passage of time be the judge of your deeds
And my comrades ,I will see you very soon just like last time .O>

store pic suzukuri.jpg
Title​
Suzukuri Karin-chan​
Original title​
巣作りカリンちゃん​
Aliases​
Be my servant!​
Length​
Long (30 - 50 hours)​
Developer​
&
Publishers​
Relations​
Shares characters
Links​
Description
Kazuto is an ordinary adventurer who was considering quitting since his friends had left and his job prospects seemed bleak. That was when the Gyungyuska Company reached out to him. Directed by a girl named Fuu, he came in contact with the ‘labyrinth’ and the ‘Demon queen’. But why did an adventurer like him meet and be tasked with her revival? Who exactly is the ‘Demon queen Karin’? One thing led to another and he ended up as the manager of the labyrinth.​
Main Screen ENG.png

Translation Status/ Update : English/On going/Early Access patch available (UI patch first because this is my first time.After that if i can get enough support donation from you guys, I will considers and working with (a.k.a Gustjc -he made BunnyBlack3 UI Patch)+ tester- a Russian hacking guy to make Dialogue ENG Patch .

Currently ENG Prologue + All Important Gameplay UI is now 100%. You guys can finish 100% the game with Textractor/VNR (visual novel reader) and other Visual novel MTL programs

Help Menu in-game (Play Manual/Gameplay Tips-which RUS UI patch don't have) : 100%
UI-Image translation + editing: 50%
Unit Skill/Description in-battle translation 100%
Game Setting/Config Description 100%
Added many bug fixes/ English UI/Fonts Improvements-which don't exist in JP ver (due to bankruptcy of main dev Softhouse Chara in late 2020)

Install RUS UI patch first , then my Betatest Prologue patch (just copy paste into game folder)

Gmail : tbhoang12@gmail.com
Discord: Pika_Terminator#9424

Member : PlasticMemories ( me as Translator / Editor/ Tester- sound ridiculous i know :) But lets see how far this project and me can go, better than waitting for someone :)

P/s: want somebody to join with me (contact through forum /Discord/FB/or tbhoang12@gmail.com) with Japanese translation skill .Because my Project is not MTL (no salary though ^^)

Since English is not my native language.

Basically i'm a fan of Koihime series, tired of waitting 4 the new Shin Koihime ENG Translation ( The translator saidthat they are still working but holy Koihime >> it's been so slow over 7 years from 2016 LOL). So i've decied with my inner-weeb that i will translate this Koihime spin-off game in the meantime (at least there is still hope in me with Half life Alyx release!)

suzukuri kazuto TL.jpg

Let me tell you this game has SOUL! The soul of Softhouse Chara team with their last project before went bankrupt , the core-essence gameplay from their's previous game in the past ( most notable is BunnyBlack series), story of Koihime world-NEXTON collab ( involve multiverse theory,time travel, Edge of Tomorrow,time loop .. you can see MC Kazuto from Koihime is now in a different timeline). Dont be fooled by this "Koihime spin-off " game!

From my personal experience with this game , i can say it's like a combination of :

Rance X (time loop/ world tree-multiverse theory) + Arknight (use either your hero or demon queen Karin/her demon general-subordinates or both to defend the labyrinth, plus their Speacial skill at the right moments) + Bunny Black (maze management of course it's SofthouseChara main titles)

The story is not mind blowing or excellent but if you are Koihime fan you will be sastified . This is not a huge problem because this game focus on gameplay and im sure you will like it! I can feel the passion of dev team inside this last game , try new things , going all out with ideas- nothing to lose spirit ! (and their limited budget when they know even with NEXTON support can't save SofthouseChara from inevitable bankruptcy :( / harsh life in Japan Eroge Industry- you can see this by the fact that our MC boy Kazuto,is only voiced in Main Menu )

All update about my English translation /Please drop by my FB or Gmail and giving me your criticism to help me improve my translation ( although my skill is not top notch translator in the hole industry, but i will stay true and close with the Japanese script as much as i can "noBroski@ArunaruLiberalTranslation") .Thanks in advance and here are some more in-game comparisions.
Japanese in-game Tips
comparisonJP.jpg

My English Translated in-game Tips
comparisonENG.jpg
Battle result Fly Dog Description.png

Thanks ,Russian Team Leader UI Patch for helping me with script engine problem !

cap00056.png

Special Thanks to those who have helped me during funding/development ( I will make a Credit screen at the start of Prologue in the future patches ^^) .I hope that you-my comrades will continues support my patch after this successful FanTLtors Revolution
Shuuran Info Screen.png

-Gustjc : he made Bunny Black 3 UI patch and many more Softhouse Chara/Eushully English UI patches ( )
-@tester : A Russian programmer/hacker of VNDB, making tools for modding/TL Visual novel ( )
-@starik222 : admin of vnfast.ru / Making RUS patch for Russian Visual novel community
-@yorhel : admin of VNDB
-@Emi : admin of Fuwanovel
-@Toan Ha : member of hako.re / a popular Vietnamese Visual novel community ( )
-Ng Junkeat (email ngjun51@hotmail.com)
-Yanchulis Bryan ( kg_swimmer@yahoo.com )

Let's celebrates Fan Translators Revolution with the music of my favorite game o/

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021
reserves for future updates
P/s: Project is now completed with huge success, watching Euro2020 and planning for even more Fan Translators Revolutions

ShinKoihime Musou Youtube Thumbnail.png

Suzukuri Karin Special Character Skin.png

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021
re-post my archived update
Darksshades (Gustjc) quote:
So.... I've never actually used ALDExplorer.
All interface translation patches that I did(image translation+names/descriptions of rpg elements) I extract the .vfs files with WizardClimberDecrypt.... if there are .agf files I use vfstools to unpack them, edit, and repack again as .agf when needed.
After that I just repack everything back with WizardClimberDecrypt.

The only problem that I had was that I had a version of wizardclimberDecrypt that crashed when trying to repack the dialogue(box.vfs) but worked perfectly with the interface text files(obj.vfs) and another version that worked with the dialogue but crashed with the interface. I don't think the images .vfs were ever a problem in relation to crashes.
Also I found out that when editing the dialogue(box.vfs) and repacking it back on bunny black 3, the face image on the dialogue on the dungeons was getting distorted but I managed to fix it here pretty easily. It was not recognizing an unknown tag and the default behavior was skipping a few extra args on the function making the face image go to the wrong position.

So yeah... my best suggestion is that you try to unpack/repack it with wizardclimberDecrypt first. So far it worked pretty well for all the games that I tried. I think the more recent one that I used it on was Noroi no Maken and Ryouichi Kizoku.

PS: I feel you there for those hard-coded names. I had to abandon the skill names translations for wizardclimber because there were basically hard-coded for event flags. Also bunny black 3's building names(On that one I put the building name on the first line of descriptions and the icon was an image so only the info panel was needed to be kept the jap name).

PPS: Not sure how karin files works but if you see duplicated item names on the obj.vfs files then you might be good. It means one of them is the game internal hard-coded string and the second one is the displayed string. You just have to make sure you understand the format and always edit the displayed name and leave the reference strings alone untranslated. Unfortunately its not always the case for everything on the same game like I bb3 and wizard climber above.

i'm using GARBro on github to extract .vfs game file into BMP is that ok ?
Because when i using your vfstool ,it extract "reversed images and mirrored" ,i can't even read mirrored icon not to mention edit them
I think they use new engine because i saw Aoi5.dll , meanwhile BunnyBlack and other old games of SofthouseChara have Aoi4.dll. Unfortunately i'm editing PNG images , can i use photoshop to save /convert them to BMP ?

P/s: SOLVED by Darksshades (aka @Gustjc) through Discord, thanks man!
Here is his vfstools.zip incase anyone need and the method

__ vfsArchive-> unpack vfs to a folder to get the .agf's copy the .agf to a folder to edit the images Select all .agf and drag&drog them on agf2bmp.exe(put it inside the save folder also) might take a while but it'll generate the .bmp open the .bmp in photoshop, flip vertically the image, edit them, flip vertically again and save as .bmp 32bits save the edited bmp overriding the extracted bmp because the filename is important open vfsArchive.exe again and agf.bmp.... select all of the edited .bmp's and wait for it.... the program will show as not responding while it's converting if there are too many files but you can just wait for it Copy all the .agf files from the folder to the original extracted folder and override everything. on vfsArchives->pack vfs DONE __

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021
re-post archived update development

Some Combat Log and Dual Language pop up menu description while hovering mouse over Buttons in-game (after having fun messing with game engine to adjust strings ^^)

P/s:

Unit Description in-battle 100%

Game Setting/Config Description 100%

Feb 22, 2021
re-post archived development update

While Playtesting character's events relating to Gameplay UI, and raises the FanTLtors Revolution \o/ .....

I had found out many UI bugs and fixed them-they are not important anyway (already TLted above them) , there are some texts i can TL , but there are some i can't , because it will cause bugs for Traps-Facilities

For example the Trap room at Maze entrance is Electromagnetic Barricade (shock trap for short_) You can see it's bugged and not working if I translate it's name

If i leave this text untranslated >> You can see the Non-Bugged version of this Trap (not empty,there are high voltage electric poles inside the room)

Confirmed from JP version too , maybe it's dev team bug because i can TL others traps just fine

Repeating this playtest process >10 times everyday , and you will understand my FanTLtors Revolution \o/ For the betterment of FanTL-kind everywhere ! We need food \o/

(p/s: some comrades on Discord can't understand my FanTLtors Revolution's Greatness lol, only a few still had some humor lefts ^^ .But i'm sure these comrades will join overtimes - History proved that the Revolutions can't be stop !

And she's mine ! Hands off her you monsters - I know you guys are my Revolution comrades,but.. Just shoo !)

Feb 22, 2021
re-post archived development update

When everyone else are playing new Rance01+02, wasting time shitposting on Discord ....

1 FanTLtor has sacrificed his own free time for the FanTltors Revolution !

Translating UI and Editing : 20%

Feb 22, 2021
re-post old development update

Still playtesting ,but recently when digging around with modding i've found a underrated Strategy visual novel .Same 3 Kingdom era setting like Koihime series - but much better gameplay (Sengoku Rance but with voice-acting yay ^..^/

This is remastered version of the game btw

Feb 22, 2021
re-post old archived development post

Suzukuri Karin-chan Sequel in Production Confirmed ! (Suzukuri Karin-chan 2 : Battle with Angels ?? :D)

Basically in this teaser ,i saw Kan'u in angel form and Karin said with her Demon King power, she won't afraid any enemies even if they're coming from the sky.

Well that's great news for me as a FanTLtor Revolutionist, the more reason for me to continue then o/

Unless they're developing this sequel without the core dev members of Softhouse Chara Team ..... Let's see if this sequel is sheisse or gut

Feb 22, 2021
If you guys want to knows more development details / support my FanTL Revolution
Happy 2021 ^^ And have a 2nd teaser about sequel Suzukuri Karin-chan 2
Editing 30% o/

Recently I've received a lot of emails of fans that wants to help me on my project . There are even people that's studying in Japan as native English speaker as well and I'm very appreciate that o/ .But right now I need JP translator role the most so once again thanks 4 yours enthusiasm ^^/

I will answer you guys questions about my FanTL Revolution as a Happy New Year 2021 post \o/

1/My full project will be a paid patch model/but the UI+Prologue will be of course free with many Bugs fixes/ improvements about Bonuses, fonts, UI when comparing with JP version/Russian patch-because Softhouse Chara is bankrupted already so there will be no more patch from JP dev team themself (but hey apparently the sequel Suzukuri Karin chan 2 is confirmed in production^^ So there's hope atleast !).You guys can scroll up to read those changes of my patch

2/I am still playtesting and TL the UI part of the game as well as the prologue (because you will need consistency while TL a game UI and not just translate a bunch of texts then slap them into UI editing through Photoshop ,and let's not forget the bugs-due to this game is a product made during financial hardship's time of Softhouse Chara before it finally bankrupt in late 2020, while developing this FanTL patch I've encountered many bugs,typos . These have shown clearly that this is a rushed game (yet surprisingly with good gameplay and visuals - unlike that Dohna Dohna from Alicesoft with beatiful art but bad gameplay- oh the irony ^^)

3/The main reason why Shin Koihime Musou FanTL (prequel of Suzukuri Karin chan) went on for >6 years now and still incompleted (I can learn JP enough to finish reading that game with VNR already -why are we still here ?) is because from my POV the leader splitted the work for too many people + real life problems /no funding >>> they quitted the project since there's no practical support or real motivation to continue working for free (let's be honest here , when FanTLtors stomach is empty>> they will drop it and don't want people keep urging sth for free like "Where is my patch ?" :)) >Or the most positive case that can happen is that he/she still making the Fanpatch but like 6 to 10 years of waitting for us (could be more >.<').Scroll down the Translation Projects on Fuwa to see for yourself how many dead FanTLs-it's sad like the fate of talented Softhouse Chara :(

In my country,the paid model for FanTLtors is going very well.Fans gets what they want early and TLtors can have enough donations to continue working .A win-win in general. Including games/mangas/lightnovels/fan-sub anime....
Fan TL in my country is not law breaking or violations ,if anything it brings in more fans and money for publishers/developers
You guys can check out an example site , you can even hire FanTL group to translate your favourite manga o/

fei-suzukuri karin chan.jpg

Fei from Suzukuri Dragon ,wearing Shishun costume from Suzukuri Karin-chan (this game is the original idea for making Suzukuri Karin-chan,also another very good game from Softhouse Chara.But the UI is sooo oooold already,that's why I decided to make a patch for Karin-chan instead - the gameplay of Dragon is better though because it's Softhouse Chara "before bankruptcy"

Feb 22, 2021

yume-suzukuri dragon.jpg
Bonus pic Yume (Suzukuri Dragon) wears costume of Minmei from Suzukuri Karin-chan p/
Infiltrate with the abilities of a flexible adventurer !
Made me remember about that Suzume cat-ninja girl from Rance ^^

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Personally I'm not a fan of shin koihime mushou, I would have left most of the girls to be raped on the battlefield if I could lol, albeit I did like some of the girls like the Lu Bu female version.

Having said that... I'm a fan of bunny black series, so on that sense I do find VERY interesting this game.

P.D: The sengoku hime series is actually something I truly hope to play one day lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Plastic Memories

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
Not to be a downer, but the translated pics show lots of grammatical errors and odd sentence structures. It's certainly better than any MTL, and there wont be a problem getting the meaning across. However, an "Engrish" translations often suffer from poor characterization and such.

It would be cool if you find someone willing to proofread the script for you. Anyways, thanks for your hard work!

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
his thread on both fuwanovel and in vndb (assuming the vndb one belongs to him) get nuked. hope that the one who claimed to be NEXTON staff or something... also some one the link in the first thread has "web archive" on it and the link to the patch has adfly on it or something similar...
good lunk on the project i guess and hope that the NEXTON staff wont come here

• Hey there
Feb 22, 2021
Even if that kid come here he can't do shit (I've done nothing to him or his family and being very polite-but I will clarifies the situation here)
He claims to be " hey look i'm working for a big company" and be like "My dad works for Microsoft lol" ,but the truth is that he's just one sore loser kid - a Discord mod of a dead Discord (you guys can check it out here his discord is @hanasaiko or something what ever ) .A "community manager" that banning fans and treats Fan TL like somekind of disease >> good job there !

At first he's like "Nobody would buy your garbage FanTL" or "I will DMCA and sue your entire family lol". The second truth here is that I'm doing incredibly OK ,making lots of friends around the globe (Russian,Brazilian, US...) ,my fans is supporting me and I can learning 2 languages- broadening my knowledge and having fun with Visual novel Translation/Modding

This asshole kid is so rude and arrogant to the point I have to teach him a lesson ( I won't even bother to argue with this hypocrite and his "internet copyright justice" ) . He is talking with others about my FanTL as if he went 2 steps ahead ,but in fact he has already being 10 steps behind me :)). Just do me a favor -ignore and let this kid thinks he've won

P/s: even Google sama is supporting my FanTranslators Revolution o/

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021
Suzukuri Karin-chan 2 Voice recording Scripts for Voice actors o/
My guess from the top down are Rinrin (リンリン), Touka (トウカ), Aisha (アイシャ),Shanfu (シャンフー),Sui (スイ)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote