Mod Unity Onhold [ENG-Translation] Journey to the West: Wukong's Lewd Prelude (FINAL) [Dystopia Story]

The Butler

May 3, 2017
Resuming translation and .... I'll rewrok whats currently translated.....

things like the monkey calling Wukong by her name form the start which is wrong and a slightly misstranslationg from my part...
美猴王 = Monkey King
悟空よ = Sun Wukong (which is also referred as Monkey King).
So I'll be replacing every sentence before she receives her name with Monkey King instead of Wukong.
This way it would make more sense.

As well as maybe retranslating or try to find out a better way to translate Items.....
They are referred in a "Cultivators" way (if you read yanxia or wushia you will know what I mean)
Since they are in this category
1617034430627.png
Heavenly = Head Equipments
Human = Body/costumes
Earthly = Arms
Scented-bag = Boots
Pole = Expansive pole

I need to find a better way to translate gears....
And many of them would exceed the item name space and I would need to decrease font size which would end up breaking our lovely regex which I spent a really good time making in order for it to work with every possible sentence.
1617035179064.png

Apr 8, 2018
Won't let me download, clicking the rar to download it brings me to a tab with weird symbols

Can someone upload a mirror?

The Butler

May 3, 2017
Won't let me download, clicking the rar to download it brings me to a tab with weird symbols

Can someone upload a mirror?
Right Click, choose save as... or save link content as...
Or in that new windows that open press CTRL+S and save as .txt

Translation is on hold for now, and despite not receiving a cent for it as well as it being on-hold for around 2 months maybe? I think letting you guys know would be good. Part of the reason will be in the spoilers below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm planning to resume translation at some point but right now is not the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagusOfAss

caspain

Jul 29, 2019
Happy that the buzzing seems to have stopped. Really sorry about the rest though. I hope your dad gets better soon and everything can settle down for you. We'll be here waiting, but don't rush yourself. Worry about you and yours, the translation can wait

TsundereLoner

Jan 22, 2018
Right Click, choose save as... or save link content as...
Or in that new windows that open press CTRL+S and save as .txt

Translation is on hold for now, and despite not receiving a cent for it as well as it being on-hold for around 2 months maybe? I think letting you guys know would be good. Part of the reason will be in the spoilers below.

I'm planning to resume translation at some point but right now is not the time.
I hope you and your family will be alright. Take it easy and help your family but dont forget to also look after yourself. I had some trouble with family 2 years ago (big fire, two people died) and I ignored my own mental health and I can see the negative effects of it now. So, take it easy and look after yourself. We are all grateful for your work so far and want to see you healthy.

The Butler

May 3, 2017
I'll be retouching the translation.
Mostly to remove the amount of regex.... and have it clan UI when engraving and other mechanics related stuff.

My aim is to completely remove regexes which is one of the main reason the translation was stuck sometimes.
I also found a way to implement the translation in another way however similar to what I did before, however the chat bubbles expand way to much in this method. So Story related translation will be implemented the same way.
However Items, enemy,Npc names will be from another method.

In Example:
In game:
1636669259994.png
Regex code for it ....

Code:
sr:"^.珠への影響\\n(\[)(\p{L}+)(.\d+)(\])(\[)?(\p{L}+)?(.\d+)?(\])?\\n.交尾できる(.)\\n(<color%3D#999999>)?\[盗賊\](</color>)?(<color%3D#999999>)?\[山賊\](</color>)?(<color%3D#999999>)?\[豚男\](</color>)?(<color%3D#999999>)?\[丸呑\](</color>)?(<color%3D#999999>)?\[触手\](</color>)?\\n(<color%3D#999999>)?\[牛頭\](</color>)?(<color%3D#999999>)?\[馬頭\](</color>)?(<color%3D#999999>)?\[混世魔王\](</color>)?\\n.次の段まで\\n(\d+)$"=■Effect\n$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8\n■Partner $9\n$10[Thief]$11$12[Bandit]$13$14[PigMan]$15$16[Spitter]$17$18[Tentacle]$19$20\n[Ox-Head]$21$22[Horse-Head]$23$24[Konsei-Maou]$25\n■For next level\n( $26 )
So yep figuring a working regex for it wasn't easy and it took quite a while.

Some important text are in .json format so I need to figure out how to set unity redirector to read them...

Last edited:

The Butler

May 3, 2017
Work Report:
Texture translation is working properly, I'll eventually translate all UI text.

All enemies names translated.
All skills and skill descriptions translated as well.
Item names almost done as well as their description.

Some translation I did before will likely break since they were relying on regex to work.

Story will still be the same way as before, but I might do some test here and there.
I would love to use a similar way I did with items and such, there is no delay in displaying english text with that method.
However there are some slight issues using it for translation....
EDIT:

As you can see, the balloon get exceedingly big with this method.
And I haven't figured a way to make it expand properly.
Let's say I pick "in the mortal realm?" and put it in front of "What is happening" the balloon will grow even larger and cover the entire screen.
If not for that this method would be ideal....

Now let's say about some other text, this is where I would like to request some help.
Most of other text are in MonoBehavior format (.json)
I'm currently using ResourceRedirector for this new method so I would like to know if anyone know how to make it redirect .json files as well.

I can translate these MonoBehavior file by extracting them and creating an installer with uabe, however it is prone to break with new game version.
And lastly it's greatly time consuming since I'll need to go file hunting.

Finally what these MonoBehavior covers....
Pretty mostly everything other than Items, Enemy, Story., Ability.
And that would be....
• Popup messages ie: Skill level up, Item get
• Transcribing UI (almost everything) (That thing were you jailed/captured mobs and put skills on your weapons.)
• Everything else I forgot to mention

Last edited:

Konima

Jun 6, 2018
I would say do whatever you feel works better for you. Efficiency is well and good, but if converting it causes it's own problems that take a while to fix or work around, then you may end up losing time and spending more time fixing it than you would have otherwise. As someone who used too do programming professionally for 4 years (that was 8+ years ago.) on websites, take my advise. If it looks like it'll be easier to work with in the future, but a lengthy process to get used too and convert things and bug fix for it, then it may end up costing you more time in the long run.

Take it with a bit of salt, but if it works for you, then have at it. After all from the sound of it, you're doing this for free so you have no pressure to do it for others hastily, take your time and do it how you want too. That's the beauty of not having a deadline. Also hats off that you still came back too the project after so long. I hope you make good progress and have a good end of the year holidays for whatever you might celebrate.

The Butler

May 3, 2017
After numerous tries, rests and tries again I found quite a lot of text spread over many files and more text were still to be found.
So at this point it's unviable to use "New Method" to translate.
So I'll stick with old method and just kind of skip the Transcribing part I'll go back to it when everything is done.
Since that's where most of my time went to. So I'll be resuming translation after new year.

Last edited: