RPGM WIP [English Translation Patch] Succubus Merchant Wants To Prolong The War [v.1.2.4] [Corrupt]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Hey usualname I checked the problem you've mentioned and I don't encounter the bug you've mentioned. I downloaded the game again from dlsite and overwrote "www" file in game directory with the "www" from patch which I downloaded from the links I posted here. I did it on 3 different machines (windows10) and it worked for me every time with no issues.

The bugs you posted suggest that either the game files were modified or those files were missing. It can't be the latter since btn_mainshuppatsu_2.png is literally a part of my patch so even if it was somehow missing in your game version it would still be replaced after installing my patch. So that means your game files were probably somehow modified. Maybe you were somehow parsing your game? Or decrypted it? Or decrypted but then reencrypted it but with a different key? It could happen during MTL attempt via some software or because of attempts to extract pictures.

Also patched version may not always work well without japanese locale (even translated version) or with saves that were created in game versions before applying this patch. (Though I think that this is not the problem in this particular case)

Last edited:

~KOP~

Jun 30, 2022
Just wanted to say thanks for the translation and that I hope you take your time with it. Don't let it take precedent to your real life. Do you know the language or do you unscramble the MTL poetry?

• Red Heart
Reactions: CSanders

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Thanks for being so understanding. Honestly it's not going as fast as I had hoped some time ago. RL keeps stealing my time (and not on the fun stuff) and the translation I did in one day a few months back now I need over a week to do. Honestly I've been kinda ashamed to log here and give update on progress here cuz of that recently. Since I have less time recently I've been going at this 2nd unfinished file which contains replies from generals where you sell them products. This file has many lines that are not connected to each other so it's more convenient to translate than the 1st file with continuous conversations where I try to watch out for the flow of whole conversation rather than just singular lines... But I swear I will finish this translation patch even if it's the last thing I do. I sank too much time into this already to just leave it be (sunk cost fallacy FTW)

I know language but it's probably at the kindergarten-level... With a lot of not-kindergarten-suitable words and expressions:sneaky:
I read the original text then make sure with dictionaries, compare with MTL, and then write it in English so that it sounds OK in EN but is also as close to the original meaning as possible.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ~KOP~

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Oh, I've been notified about this:

There is a bug in the game, think is caused by the translation. A very headache bug.
After you load your savefile negotiating will auto reset to lv1....
This bug is not caused by translation patch. It's in the original game from the beginning (annoying the heck out of me), and I've been trying to fix it since I started this patch but didn't manage to understand .js files well enough to figure it out yet. It's probably something small like a typo or an apostrophe missing but looking for such a small mistake in a reference across all the .js files takes a lot of time.

Reactions: Weirdo69

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
This used to be available for download in this site with a really bad translation, i guess they took it off.

Doesn't seem to be a good source of download anymore, so i went ahead and re-purchased it and am uploading to

Sadly, this version is censored...does anyone know of a decensor patch?

Last edited:

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Thanks Dech100. RL is good except for the minor annoyance of not having as much free time as I would have hoped for... Nevertheless I managed to make some progress in August!
As I've said earlier I have only 2 files left. commonevents with most of character dialogues and the .json file with replies from generals when you haggle with them for products. I've been nitpicking on and off at the latter but since it's less important I have sidelined it and focused more on the commonevents. It was properly translated in like 60% but I had to proofread it again and doublecheck that it's consistent with the rest of translation. Now that's finally done and I managed to translate a few hundred more lines. so now it's almost 70% translated of common events. For reference - commonevents has ~7200 lines(by line I mean entire in-game window of text) and I need like 1-2minutes per line(I overthink stuff so much I am starting to suspect I might be autistic or smth).
Right now I'm around line 5013 so I have "only" like 2200 lines left.

Also I have for you, depending on how you look at it, either a bad news or a good news:
I was hoping to finish this translation patch before Jkank releases his next game, Succubus Suguroku 2, but that won't be possible... because he announced he is planning to release his new game on 3rd of September (Hoooray!:love:)

So if you like this game and the whole, Village of Nightmare/Succubus Suguroku series please support the author and buy it. I plan to translate it into english as well though not sure how to organize my time... At the very least I would like to make a quick "MTL of Data+manual translation of json files" patch so that UI is in proper english and the rest of game is understandable. Given my experiences with translation so far, full and proper translation probably won't happen too fast... Unless I quit/get kicked from my jobo_O

Last edited:

Akuochi

May 19, 2018
Also I have for you, depending on how you look at it, either a bad news or a good news:
I was hoping to finish this translation patch before Jkank releases his next game, Succubus Suguroku 2, but that won't be possible... because he announced he is planning to release his new game on 3rd of September (Hoooray!:love:)
Great news, I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel!

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks Dech100. RL is good except for the minor annoyance of not having as much free time as I would have hoped for... Nevertheless I managed to make some progress in August!
As I've said earlier I have only 2 files left. commonevents with most of character dialogues and the .json file with replies from generals when you haggle with them for products. I've been nitpicking on and off at the latter but since it's less important I have sidelined it and focused more on the commonevents. It was properly translated in like 60% but I had to proofread it again and doublecheck that it's consistent with the rest of translation. Now that's finally done and I managed to translate a few hundred more lines. so now it's almost 70% translated of common events. For reference - commonevents has ~7200 lines(by line I mean entire in-game window of text) and I need like 1-2minutes per line(I overthink stuff so much I am starting to suspect I might be autistic or smth).
Right now I'm around line 5013 so I have "only" like 2200 lines left.

So if you like this game and the whole, Village of Nightmare/Succubus Suguroku series please support the author and buy it. I plan to translate it into english as well though not sure how to organize my time... At the very least I would like to make a quick "MTL of Data+manual translation of json files" patch so that UI is in proper english and the rest of game is understandable. Given my experiences with translation so far, full and proper translation probably won't happen too fast... Unless I quit/get kicked from my jobo_O
Ooooh, I already have the .json file for haggling with the generals done actually.

• Red Heart

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Ooooh, I already have the .json file for haggling with the generals done actually.
Eh? You do?
Just to make sure - which one?

There are 10 JS files with replies to haggling in game:
004_shoubai
004_kyakuGenerals
004_kyakuGenerals_1_0
004_kyakuGenerals_0_0
004_kyakuGenerals_1_1_0
004_kyakuGenerals_1_1_1
004_kyakuGenerals_1_1_2
004_kyakuGenerals_0_1_0
004_kyakuGenerals_0_1_1
004_kyakuGenerals_0_1_2

The one I have yet to translate is "004_kyakuGenerals" (did only like ~15%)
Is that the one you have translated?

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Eh? You do?
Just to make sure - which one?

There are 10 JS files with replies to haggling in game:
004_shoubai
004_kyakuGenerals
004_kyakuGenerals_1_0
004_kyakuGenerals_0_0
004_kyakuGenerals_1_1_0
004_kyakuGenerals_1_1_1
004_kyakuGenerals_1_1_2
004_kyakuGenerals_0_1_0
004_kyakuGenerals_0_1_1
004_kyakuGenerals_0_1_2

The one I have yet to translate is "004_kyakuGenerals" (did only like ~15%)
Is that the one you have translated?
It’s been a long time, but I’m pretty sure that’s it. I say that because there’s a lot of lines talking about your prices from the generals. Also, check DLsite, Inma Sugoroku 2 is out!

CSanders

May 13, 2018
It’s been a long time, but I’m pretty sure that’s it. I say that because there’s a lot of lines talking about your prices from the generals. Also, check DLsite, Inma Sugoroku 2 is out!
Yeah I know... Spent my whole free time today playing it. Am totally drained, both literally and figuratively:sneaky:
And I still managed to clear the game with only 2 characters. seems like whole weekend with suguroku ahead of me.
Took a short peek at files (which stuff is in which file) and it seems like Jkank constructed Sugoroku2 in a similar manner to Sugoroku1 (even though there is like a 3 generations of gap in RPGengine). That's great news cuz I am kinda familiar with it already and won't have to spend like 2 months figuring out what goes where as I did with Succubus Merchant. Though it's also a bit of a bad news because that means that it won't be possible to use MTL as easily as with Succubus Merchant.
Will wait like a week or two before even starting to attempt translation cuz I would want to ask Jkank for permission first and consult a bit about names. Also it seems like there is a bit of bugs right after release which he is working on fixing. Translating game files while those files get updated or replaced is not too optimal

Reactions: Jooop

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Yeah I know... Spent my whole free time today playing it. Am totally drained, both literally and figuratively:sneaky:
And I still managed to clear the game with only 2 characters. seems like whole weekend with suguroku ahead of me.
Took a short peek at files (which stuff is in which file) and it seems like Jkank constructed Sugoroku2 in a similar manner to Sugoroku1 (even though there is like a 3 generations of gap in RPGengine). That's great news cuz I am kinda familiar with it already and won't have to spend like 2 months figuring out what goes where as I did with Succubus Merchant. Though it's also a bit of a bad news because that means that it won't be possible to use MTL as easily as with Succubus Merchant.
Will wait like a week or two before even starting to attempt translation cuz I would want to ask Jkank for permission first and consult a bit about names. Also it seems like there is a bit of bugs right after release which he is working on fixing. Translating game files while those files get updated or replaced is not too optimal
very nice, who's your favorite? I got to go with karate girl, Suzuka, I think her name is/

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Also, sorry this took so long to find, it's been a while and it got buried.

• Red Heart

Weirdo69

Oct 17, 2019
Is there a thread about Inma Sugoroku 2 yet? Because I think it's a great game! Using this neat little program called I can even mostly playing with MTL, it's not perfect, it is mutually exclusive with Textextractor so I do need to take a screenshot of some text and put it into an image translator, but it actually translates the text in game which is a massive help!

Personally I got one kinda crash on my end; the scientist character tried to do something after she got to corruption stage 3 and the game just stopped working. It didn't crash, but neither did anything happen and I wasn't able to push any keys or buttons to fix it. Have any of you experienced a similar bug?

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Is there a thread about Inma Sugoroku 2 yet? Because I think it's a great game! Using this neat little program called I can even mostly playing with MTL, it's not perfect, it is mutually exclusive with Textextractor so I do need to take a screenshot of some text and put it into an image translator, but it actually translates the text in game which is a massive help!

Personally I got one kinda crash on my end; the scientist character tried to do something after she got to corruption stage 3 and the game just stopped working. It didn't crash, but neither did anything happen and I wasn't able to push any keys or buttons to fix it. Have any of you experienced a similar bug?
Nope, no thread yet for that game. As for bugs, I occasionally got crashes for character art that failed to load, specifically for the merchant, and one crash for Suzuka where her sprite didn't load in the whore house.

Reactions: Weirdo69

OuijiboQuijibo

Apr 28, 2022
Out of over-eagerness, I did a little tinkering with the character sheets just to see how things worked and was pleasantly surprised by how flexible it was; I ended up staying up half the night cobbling together an extremely rough draft for Louis that worked in game and I played a few rounds with the character. Out of respect for Jkank, and a desire to avoid spoiling more stuff for myself, I don't really intend to go further with it. I don't think getting the entire game translated will be an extremely arduous project for 1-2 people if they coordinate, and are able to get clarification on potential trouble spots.

Reactions: Jooop

CSanders

May 13, 2018
very nice, who's your favorite? I got to go with karate girl, Suzuka, I think her name is/
Haha, we have really matching interests it seems;) My favourite girl in Insect angels was Scorpion and in Sugoroku2 it's Suzuna... Maybe I have a thing for tomboys? It's great when such straight-laced, physicalstrength-type of girl is corrupted... Particularly when it involves futanari TF! Also muscular girls are great. I love Suzuna's abs as a demon. She feels really masculine (in the good way)
I love how Suzuna changes from a disciplined and stoic martial artist who trains to polish her own strength to literally an animal that just wants to use own overwhelming power to rape others and feel pleasure.
2nd favourite would be Veritas/Belidas(?), he acts as a playboy but is actually a really nice person with a sad past... And he resists demonization quite a lot... So it's amazing when he undergoes such radical transformation in appearance and character... +also becomes a futanari and it seems like those Succubi are usually the most frightening/uninhibited.
3rd is Luis! It's a bit of a classic in the genre now, virtuous paladin -> lascivious evil Succubus. The same category as Ares but I actually like his transformation even more. Particularly armor design after demonization.
Though the scientist - Lang is also unbearably charming after he is fully transformed. Similarly to fallen Luis, Lang's charm as a Cool Beauty is off the charts! + I also really love how Anna and Lang intersect in the game, with special dialogues and shared endings. And Jean is probably the friendliest character even as a demon.

By the way who was your favourite character in Sugoroku1? Mine were Kevin/Casey and then Tida. Maybe because both were futanari they felt more obscene/vulgar/perverted/wild and therefore more erotic!

Oh, Sweet! Could I use the file(004_kyakuGenerals) you translated, and add it to the translation patch (and also slightly edit some minor details - certain replies from generals reference items which I have named differently in my patch)? Would save me a lot of work andyou have managed to completely translate it. With this all I would have to do is finish the goddamned commonevents file and patch would be finally 100%complete after almost 2 years. I would credit you of course... Though I will have to think up how. I didn't add readme file or anything like that so far.

Weirdo69 Yes there are quite a bit of bugs. Jkank listed all the bugs reported to him on twitter so far and it's 38. I myself encountered only 6 after like whole saturday of playing, for example Suzuna crashes game in Brothel sometimes or has no ending triggered, it's impossible to unlock recollection room and so on. Here is the link to thread where he enumerated bugs that ere reported to him, and which were fixed (japanese):

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote