VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.6.18] [KKChar]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

perles75

May 16, 2020
The dev put a walkthough for the demo in the itch.io page. It turns the key for that image (and another in the lake) is to kiss Borge gently on the lips when you are sitting with him and the girl.

Well, and save his little brother from the wolf, but that goes without saying.
oh good!
I did kiss him gently on the lips but I got the alternative scene at the lake but not that. As you mention saving the little brother from the wolf, though, I assume the scene happens at the end of the demo (I thought it was before we leave the village).

Nineanon

Oct 23, 2017
Didn't expect much since it's just a tech Demo. But the setting is actually quite promising!
Good luck on the development, looking forward to see more (y)

Took you back.....where?
Care to share how've you learnt this fancy word? :p
I meant more like made me do a double take. I know the word because I like reading about actual norse history, you know peer reviewed papers and up to date academics, rather than just watch american tv with men in biker gear pretending to be vikings :b

Reactions: nackedsnake

winderig

Feb 4, 2019
*sigh* I can already see that the "romance" is locked under specific chioces. Here we go again

Kanarazu

Apr 5, 2018
I wasn't really expecting this game to be this good. It's really immersive and its lore is quite fascinating, I just really feel like the trip to the end of the demo is quite fast and it could have been a little more developed to show more things about this world.

Anyway, overall I'm really excited to play upcoming updates and I hope it won't be like other games that start quite good and leave a good impression but then they start to decay.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Meaning the story will probably be shallow (not that it's something necessaraly bad) and it will be more guessing than understanding.
You might have an idea of the plans of the dev looking at his answers on itch.io , it doesn't sound that shallow to me but of course it depends on how it unfolds. For now I think it looks good and promising.

Torvis00

Sep 16, 2018
*sigh* I can already see that the "romance" is locked under specific chioces. Here we go again
That's funny! Did you read that it was a visual novel? Usually there are games that do this but they're more like sandboxes. I think the romance is suppose to follow the story, so it would make sense that you can't fuck everyone at one time.

Feb 12, 2022
Great start! Love the very unusual setting and the cute characters.

I am a bit worried that the only two somewhat explicit pictures were hidden behind one very specific choice (kissing gently on the lips). Gives very little space for mistakes.

winderig

Feb 4, 2019
That's funny! Did you read that it was a visual novel? Usually there are games that do this but they're more like sandboxes. I think the romance is suppose to follow the story, so it would make sense that you can't fuck everyone at one time.
My concern is actually about if we'll be able to choose the romance and have the story going with it or we'll have to guess the choice that pleases the romantic choice, so he won't hate us and also have to guess whether or not we should be at certain place at certain time to unlock a "good ending"

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
My concern is actually about if we'll be able to choose the romance and have the story going with it or we'll have to guess the choice that pleases the romantic choice, so he won't hate us and also have to guess whether or not we should be at certain place at certain time to unlock a "good ending"
That's quite interesting. I too sometimes feel MCs are too... "crafty", that they'll say/do things totally different just to please the "targets".
But does what you mentioned even feasible? Or is there any game fit into that capability? Kinda feel like it requires an AI to grow feeling based on your choices. As far as game goes, you either hv chosen the "right" answers, or you hvn't, the closest thing I think is a "Point system". :unsure:

winderig

Feb 4, 2019
That's quite interesting. I too sometimes feel MCs are too... "crafty", that they'll say/do things totally different just to please the "targets".
But does what you mentioned even feasible? Or is there any game fit into that capability? Kinda feel like it requires an AI to grow feeling based on your choices. As far as game goes, you either hv chosen the "right" answers, or you hvn't, the closest thing I think is a "Point system". :unsure:
I'm think more of something like Dragon Age, where you flirt and get points with everyone but at some point the game asks you to decide which one will be. Andromeda Six is a visual novel that kinda does that, you choose who you gonna spend time with it every time and in chapter 5 you have to choose which is gonna be. The point is that, after introduce and understand the characters, there's no reason why not give a choice and secure the romance without having the players stepping on eggs the entire time.
Also, I believe One More Time from the Top kinda did that on the last updates. Others like Extracurricular Activities, Everything Changes! and The Smoke Room don't keeps us playing the guessing and please game, but you rather have a version of the story with someone you chose and makes clear if a options leads to a bad end.

Reactions: Showin001

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I'm think more of something like Dragon Age, where you flirt and get points with everyone but at some point the game asks you to decide which one will be. Andromeda Six is a visual novel that kinda does that, you choose who you gonna spend time with it every time and in chapter 5 you have to choose which is gonna be. The point is that, after introduce and understand the characters, there's no reason why not give a choice and secure the romance without having the players stepping on eggs the entire time.
Also, I believe One More Time from the Top kinda did that on the last updates. Others like Extracurricular Activities, Everything Changes! and The Smoke Room don't keeps us playing the guessing and please game, but you rather have a version of the story with someone you chose and makes clear if a options leads to a bad end.
Oh lol, it seems I'm the one far'fetched. (But imaging, the real "Choose Your Own Romance" game) :LOL:
Then yeah whether we are playing a "puzzle guessing" game heavily depending on the delivery of the dev.
And a points system with lots of leeway helps greatly where you don't need to choose the "right" answer every single time - it's only nature you can get the chance to learn more about your "targets" along the way by trial and error.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes