Toonzie

May 23, 2019
Disagree on your set up I think ranger is a superior 4th line option to mage. Suppressing Fire is a fantastic AoE skill to clear dodge/guard tokens on enemies, I also like the ability to target backline, often times there can be important enemies back there such as the container or some boss battles which leaves you with very few good options for hitting 4th line. Signalling Flare is also a great debuff skill for anything with high HP or that has a party member trapped. I maxed my Libido desire for extra 50% damage from Bow of Uncontrolled Lust.

I also disagree with your Paladin choice, I originally ran paladin as well and its not bad at all but it's a bit slow to build up and damage is just decent, I've been running a frontline Rogue instead using HyperFocus Visor and spamming Riposte, the visor gives good chance of gaining critical or strength buffs on turn start. I also use Maid Bikini which gives +4% DMG per positive token. With Riposte get 2 dodge tokens and 2 riposte tokens which can let me hit up to 3 different targets in a single turn. Great for punishing anything using AoE skills or targetting front line, while still being able to avoid taking damage consistently.

My warrior has been running a full goddess set with gods own sword to spam party buffs. This combos well with Maid Bikini on my Rogue and by round 1 or 2 of the fight I can be getting a whopping +50% damage bonus from all the buffs I have on. And since I have multiple copies of Strength and Riposte often I can slap multiple enemies for 20+ damage without them ever hitting me.

Honestly super controversial but I'm thinking about dropping my Cleric from my party which is a shame because its my 2nd favorite set up in this build but my fights are so quick, and I rarely take a significant amount of damage that I rarely ever have to use heal during a fight, easier to just have my adventurers munch on some bread after fight, so I've mainly only been using Holy fire during fights for DoT + defensive token cleansing. If I do replace her I think I'll go with Mage so I still have some support skills and can always just use Vine Restoration as emergency heal. Either that, or I go with something like ponygirl for extra inventory space or a bunny wench for a mix of healing/dps.

I agree with your thoughts on Noble (Rogue does it better Riposte is far superior), and yeah I also agree alchemist is just a pain in the ass.

View attachment 3782189
To be fair, I've min maxed my ranger a decent bit but it can scale pretty hard in late game if you put any work into it, suppressing fire in this screenshot can do 20 to all enemies. Had many turn 1 first attack full enemy party wipes.
Unfortunately i didn't have nice gear like you and Its really depends on your luck to get them all. So i don't use ranger as much. I never change my gear, and most of them get cursed by chest or enemy even. Kinda pain in the ass to uncursed them, so i usually just roll with them kekw.

My build is focused on sustainability while doing decent DoT damage to middle and 4th line. I mostly obliterate 3rd line first with mage+cleric DoT at the same time poking 4th line with warrior+cleric DoT while my paladin keep spaming 3 hp per turn till it become 9 hp per turn (9 hp perturn is significant to trade with the debuffs you got, your cleric can still focus on attacking while all your team suffers debuffs). I mostly never cleanse debuffs or heal with cleric because of my paladin. I never brings any provisions to any dungeon except for the boss with this build.

Just finished the first boss in day 20 in this build with only veteran adventurers. And Its so frustating fighting 20 goddamn reinforcements on the first floor but i manage somehow.

The enemies i hate is ratkin with spears (they can break your adventurers formation and fucked up your turn, luckily with warriors guarding all my dps it focused on attacking my warrior instead)

Prisoners in 3rd and 4th line (she can jumpkick the shit outta you for massive damage, luckily my build is build for sustaining this kinda damage).

Other than those, i find it really easy to neutralize them with my build.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes