maikochan

Dec 6, 2019
TL;DR: If you could confirm whether non-cursed items randomly turning cursed is intended behavior or a bug - I would appreciate that as well.
They don't randomly turn cursed. They were already cursed when you found them, but they were disguised as an uncursed item. The only way to tell whether they're cursed or not is to put them on someone and test it. Well, there's another way: collect 4 copies of the same uncursed item (or cursed item that has had its curse broken) and they'll turn infinite and won't drop anymore. Then, if you get an item that you've already got as infinite, you know it's actually the cursed version.

I would like a way to be able to test items without putting them on girls somehow though. The church can decurse most items that are on girls, but perhaps there could be an option to test an item first. Maybe cost a little bit more than to remove a curse as you're not risking a girl with it. But generally, any unidentified items that I'm wary of I'll put on one girl in the guild and if it's cursed, send her to the church right away (unless it's a curse I can easily remove). Why not skip that middle step and have a way to identify items without having to put them on a girl?

It would entail a cost-benefit evaluation as well: Is it worth it to spend favour to test if an item is cursed or not? And if it isn't cursed, that favour is still spent, and you'd still need to spend more to decurse it if it is cursed.

(also, I swear this is like the third time I've posted almost the exact same message explaining how cursed items work and how to avoid them...)

Reactions: Burner Dex

Burner Dex

Mar 19, 2024
They don't randomly turn cursed. They were already cursed when you found them, but they were disguised as an uncursed item. The only way to tell whether they're cursed or not is to put them on someone and test it. Well, there's another way: collect 4 copies of the same uncursed item (or cursed item that has had its curse broken) and they'll turn infinite and won't drop anymore. Then, if you get an item that you've already got as infinite, you know it's actually the cursed version.

I would like a way to be able to test items without putting them on girls somehow though. The church can decurse most items that are on girls, but perhaps there could be an option to test an item first. Maybe cost a little bit more than to remove a curse as you're not risking a girl with it. But generally, any unidentified items that I'm wary of I'll put on one girl in the guild and if it's cursed, send her to the church right away (unless it's a curse I can easily remove). Why not skip that middle step and have a way to identify items without having to put them on a girl?

It would entail a cost-benefit evaluation as well: Is it worth it to spend favour to test if an item is cursed or not? And if it isn't cursed, that favour is still spent, and you'd still need to spend more to decurse it if it is cursed.

(also, I swear this is like the third time I've posted almost the exact same message explaining how cursed items work and how to avoid them...)
I suggest recruiting random girls to test if items are cursed in the early game, getting the church isn't very easy if you just start playing this game

Reactions: maikochan

maikochan

Dec 6, 2019
I suggest recruiting random girls to test if items are cursed in the early game, getting the church isn't very easy if you just start playing this game
Early game I usually just play more cautious with items until I've got enough redundancy in my roster to risk girls, or have gotten to the church.

Worth noting also that any item you get from the end of a dungeon (the one that's 'advertised' before you go in) are never cursed.

Reactions: Burner Dex

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
TL;DR: If you could confirm whether non-cursed items randomly turning cursed is intended behavior or a bug - I would appreciate that as well.
Unidentified cursed items pretend to be uncursed items to trick you into equipping them. It's not a bug, that signet ring was just pretending to be an outfit. The items cursed items pretend to be are fixed per item.

Reactions: AlikManson
Jun 22, 2019
So getting rid of a *cursed class* is to completely level it up to max Elite? I thought uncursing the item/set that forces the class was enough?

In any case that needs to be communicated in the game. Add it to the Encyclopedia.

Jun 22, 2019
Addendum: OMG I just realized the icons to the left are buttons !
That's how you switch class. Disregard my previous post then - except for the game needing to tell you this!

Hextroyer413

Sep 13, 2017
The big alraune+Alchemist fight feels way too hard for a novice dungeon.
You need to preemptively bring a taunt and save boosts to prevent the grapple and the alchemist means I have to also make sure the tank is faster than the big alreune but slower than the Alchemist or she won't have taunt tokens left for the second attack from the big alraune.

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
Unidentified cursed items pretend to be uncursed items to trick you into equipping them. It's not a bug, that signet ring was just pretending to be an outfit. The items cursed items pretend to be are fixed per item.
I do think it's a bit too easy to just... recruit new girl -> test item -> dismiss girl

Prael

Jul 3, 2023
And what if the cursed item could be very useful after uncursing? You should leveling the cursed girl up then. Or upgrade the church.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Heard it's nearing final release within the next few months. Looking forward to playing the finished version, don't want to burn myself out on the 90% done version.

4.20 star(s) 55 Votes